RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Tailedoff

Omoto - any chance it is abandoned?

31 minutes ago, uneasy said:

Good 2????

I know nothing about them Michael but would like to think it would be something like a dead 4.  Mind you it was stinking hot here yesterday(a reverse nor wester) and again today so may have sucked whatever juice was in it out.  Clearly it is a problem but I do know they have had nice rain at least twice since Christmas Day.

The problem here of course is the extremely dry early summer.  The coast is not equipped to handle too much dry weather.

4 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

There was actually a suggestion to have a fully funded new track build centrally on the coast many years ago but Omoto choose to stay in the riverbed.

Correct WD,BUT I BELIEVE YOU SHOULD LOOK UP THE ROAD, towards Kumura way as for why this didn't happen. 

13 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

There was actually a suggestion to have a fully funded new track build centrally on the coast many years ago but Omoto choose to stay in the riverbed.

9 hours ago, Midget said:

Correct WD,BUT I BELIEVE YOU SHOULD LOOK UP THE ROAD, towards Kumura way as for why this didn't happen. 

It really didn't happen because of all three of the 'Coast' Clubs(Greymouth Hokitika and Kumara - Reefton is 50 miles inland).  It was me who suggested it(I wasn't the first but I was the last) but the general reaction from all the committee men was'oh well if we are going to do that then I will drop off the committee'.

I even had the site lined up and at the time the NZRB had money to spend on that sort of thing and the Coast was booming so the tracks would have been worth a lot more but hey you can lead a horse to water....  No skin off my nose - my Club is Reefton.

Kumara would always have refused anyway - understandably their track is the significant aspect of their ongoing popularity.

Kumara very over rated for me, and don't know what the fuss is all about, surprised people go back after their abandonments, i was their the first time when they had the helicopter out, and i have not return since, went plenty of times in the early days and can recall some very flooded public areas, always took your gumboots after that.Have to be the worst track for the public facilities when it rains, or maybe its improved since then.

7 minutes ago, Shad said:

Kumara very over rated for me, and don't know what the fuss is all about, surprised people go back after their abandonments, i was their the first time when they had the helicopter out, and i have not return since, went plenty of times in the early days and can recall some very flooded public areas, always took your gumboots after that.Have to be the worst track for the public facilities when it rains, or maybe its improved since then.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.  They will throng in again this year to Kumara so while the purists might not appreciate it the general public absolutely adore it.

10 hours ago, Shad said:

Weather not good for the next 5 days either.