RaceCafe

Punters Club 16 will  kick off 20th January 2018 and we have 19 members so far but will leave club open until Monday 14th Jan for new or returning members(I have emailed a couple of people who indicated maybe keen to rejoin)

Question re betting do we?

A- have 2 punters each week and each bet twice as per the norm

B-1 punter each week and bet once each.(so get a better chunk of money to punt with)

I am happy to go with either just depends if we go option B are club members happy to wait 5 months to be if they are allocated week 19?

$21 a week as per normal. .For people who like to pay up front can either pay the $399 (for the confirmed 19 people) and top up later if we get more members or just wait until numbers are confirmed.  Same bank account as always.

MEMBERS

THE McCOOKS

STEVE PAUL
GROUP 1
TRAPDAK
BRYCE
NEK
TOM
RITCHIE
SIR G
MOOSEY
BLIND SQ
CUBES
MARDY
TIGER TIGER
CAT
PORKY
BROWN FOX
SMILER
AL

Also I think we need to have stricter rules in place to have all bets posted by a certain time so people can plan their day around when they need to watch and also our minimum bets as a collect is always good but collecting $20 doesnt spread far between 19 shares (except maybe a chubba chubb :P) as 1 person has declined coming back in due to those two issues and in a way it does make valid points.

1 hour ago, vanturk1 said:

Stick with a is my  choice and $10 minimum  bet be it 5 ew or $10 % bet.

Happy New Year Bryce

yes I think $10 would be the absolute minimum and will mark you down as option A ( as will go with the majority once everyone has had a say)

3 minutes ago, Catalano said:

Option A. This is turning into my major betting outlet. No point regularly doing a days worth of form these days if they’re just going to cancel the day on you. 

Thanks Jason!

Yes lucky we not starting this week as we be all twiddling our thumbs as too wet in NZ and too bloody hot to race in OZ.

I'm easy either way Jase but will say A to go with the flow - happy to have $10min bets as well.

Interstingly my gripe was about posters not notifying bets but forgot to send my answer through!

Good luck team in 2018 (nearly rhymes) - I predict close shaves, near misses and plain bad luck will strike us again BUT this time someone is going to pick up the big collect that will make our eyes water :D 

49 minutes ago, Blind Squirrel said:

I'm easy either way Jase but will say A to go with the flow - happy to have $10min bets as well.

Interstingly my gripe was about posters not notifying bets but forgot to send my answer through!

Good luck team in 2018 (nearly rhymes) - I predict close shaves, near misses and plain bad luck will strike us again BUT this time someone is going to pick up the big collect that will make our eyes water :D 

Yes was 1 thing I said to Sarah I wanted to improve was have bets posted by certain time for 2 reasons so I can plan my day around the bets and secondly not having to check my phone every 2 seconds checking for bets (As Sarah not impressed with that)

Option A for me also.

A little off topic:

Off to my new most favourite place in the whole world tomorrow...Queenstown.

Ashamed to say that in my 24 years in NZ until last year I had never been to the S.I.

Anyhow, had my oldest and dearest freinds over from England last Christmas / New Year, not seen them since i came so decided to take them to Queenstown.

Now having heard constantly how wonderful that part of NZ is, and building it up myself,  I fully expected to be underwhelmed.

However it did not disapoint, we were all blown away, the drive from Queenstown to Wanaka was absolutely stunning, can't wait to get back.

Will be back refreshed in time for PC 16, let's hope it is the most successful to date!

Steve.

4 minutes ago, Steve Paul said:

Option A for me also.

A little off topic:

Off to my new most favourite place in the whole world tomorrow...Queenstown.

Ashamed to say that in my 24 years in NZ until last year I had never been to the S.I.

Anyhow, had my oldest and dearest freinds over from England last Christmas / New Year, not seen them since i came so decided to take them to Queenstown.

Now having heard constantly how wonderful that part of NZ is, and building it up myself,  I fully expected to be underwhelmed.

However it did not disapoint, we were all blown away, the drive from Queenstown to Wanaka was absolutely stunning, can't wait to get back.

Will be back refreshed in time for PC 16, let's hope it is the most successful to date!

Steve.

The crown  range is amazing

SO HAVEN'T HEARD BACK FROM ANY NEW MEMBERS SO WE WILL JUST GO WITH THE TRIED AND TRUE STARTING 20TH JAN(WILL REJIG IF WE DO GET NEW MEMBERS). 

COUPLE OF HOUSEKEEPER RULES

1 ) all bets to be posted by 12pm or 30 mins before first race whichever comes first(unless notified prior and for a good reason of delay) and all posted in one post so members can follow them easy, and race number/horse number/horse name when posting.

2)  minimum bet amount $10 and also 10% (unless big quaddie pools then can be 5%)

3) and if possible a cellphone for each member so if site goes down can still contact members(private message me dont expect it posted here)

$21 PER WEEK OR PAY IN TOTAL IS $399
BANK ACCOUNT IS:
38-9000-0352672-04

ROUND 1
20TH JAN-MOOSEY/BLIND SQ
27TH JAN-NEK/CAT
3RD FEB-BROWNFOX/SMILER
10TH FEB-CUBES/PORKY
17TH FEB-STEVE P/MARDY
24TH FEB-GROUP 1/TRAPDAK
3RD MAR-TIGERTIGER/TOM
10TH MAR-BRYCE/RITCHIE