RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
High Sparrow

McInerney's ten winners

Congratulations to John McInerney on his 10 winners at the dogs at Forbury yesterday. I'd hate to be paying the feed bill  for the 170 dogs he trains (let alone accessing the food for them all - they probably eat the equivalent of a couple of horses or cows daily). I heard the commentators say John had 50 dogs entered at Forbury. I understand Lisa Cole has 120 dogs in her central districts team.  Both must be huge operations. Think of the barking! But when I look at say six or seven dogs in some races coming from one kennel I do wonder about the sport increasingly being a 'numbers game' in many respects and the larger kennels effectively 'holding a mortgage' on the result. Personally, I still think Karen Walsh (with 26 dogs) is the best trainer in the country. Don't get me wrong - the big kennels put up the money and they put in the long hours and good luck to them but I was wondering what others thought of perhaps having no more than four dogs from any one kennel in a race - or is that just not feasible with the numbers the larger kennels have and wanting to give them all a run? Thoughts people?

Greyhound racing is just a roulette wheel, does not matter how many dogs are trained by one trainer, punters just want a field

The dogs are well over raced, look at the form of some of these fields, they are rubbish, 80% of the dogs dont chase properly or are injured most of the time

But punters dont care, they just want a field, 

17 minutes ago, MiniJax said:

Well the larger kennels give smaller kennels less opportunities/of a chance to get a start and even win a race. I also think Karen Walsh is the best trainer. 

Can you explain that mini jax ? If you have a form dog it will get a start in front of any other if it’s in a small or big kennel ? And has the same chance as any to win . To be fair you only get out what you put in , and I’d say well done to all it’s a very trying game 

I know in Australia a few years back an owner couldnt have more than 2 dogs in a race I think it was in the state of Victoria mainly to nullify the Wheeler domonince not sure if this rule still exists over there.

3 hours ago, High Sparrow said:

Congratulations to John McInerney on his 10 winners at the dogs at Forbury yesterday. I'd hate to be paying the feed bill  for the 170 dogs he trains (let alone accessing the food for them all - they probably eat the equivalent of a couple of horses or cows daily). I heard the commentators say John had 50 dogs entered at Forbury. I understand Lisa Cole has 120 dogs in her central districts team.  Both must be huge operations. Think of the barking! But when I look at say six or seven dogs in some races coming from one kennel I do wonder about the sport increasingly being a 'numbers game' in many respects and the larger kennels effectively 'holding a mortgage' on the result. Personally, I still think Karen Walsh (with 26 dogs) is the best trainer in the country. Don't get me wrong - the big kennels put up the money and they put in the long hours and good luck to them but I was wondering what others thought of perhaps having no more than four dogs from any one kennel in a race - or is that just not feasible with the numbers the larger kennels have and wanting to give them all a run? Thoughts people?

And why do you think Karen  is the best trainer for 

She works for a big owner who has shit loads of cash

It would be interesting to see the breakdown of the McInerney winners for the north and South Island kennels, the Nth  Island kennels hardly seem to get any winners, and often when some dogs go back down Sth after being in the Nth they grow an extra leg, I'd imagine they certainly don't make a profit up North.

21 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

It would be interesting to see the breakdown of the McInerney winners for the north and South Island kennels, the Nth  Island kennels hardly seem to get any winners, and often when some dogs go back down Sth after being in the Nth they grow an extra leg, I'd imagine they certainly don't make a profit up North.

Well yoinwoukd know wouldn't you 

If they didn’t make a profit then they wouldn’t be doing it ? Plenty of dogs go north to other kennels and the same could be said . Just like plenty of imports come over and don’t make the grade. 

14 minutes ago, tonkatime said:

How is it relevant how many winners who knows may or may not have trained? 

I've never trained a winner in my life, as I'm not a greyhound trainer. That doesn't mean I'm not allowed an opinion.

January so far the northern McInerney kennels have had 15 starters for 2 second placings.

i will keep an eye out to see how they progress in the upcoming meetings.

21 hours ago, I know said:

Can you explain that mini jax ? If you have a form dog it will get a start in front of any other if it’s in a small or big kennel ? And has the same chance as any to win . To be fair you only get out what you put in , and I’d say well done to all it’s a very trying game 

On 1/5/2018 at 6:57 PM, Joe blogs said:

What are you on

I’ll give u an example Joe

Look at where Thrilling Wilson is now with N Udy. He hasn’t won a race just one minor placing. And that’s just one dog handed over.. 

8 hours ago, MiniJax said:

I’ll give u an example Joe

Look at where Thrilling Wilson is now with N Udy. He hasn’t won a race just one minor placing. And that’s just one dog handed over.. 

Mini jax you still have not replyed to my post re big kennels small kennels why is this ?