RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Brown Fox

Thames

13 minutes ago, Crow said:

It does make you wonder why they risk riders and horses to deem a track unsafe as surely by now firm dry track and rain don't work but still they are prepared to risk riders and horses to confirm it.

pressure must be on clubs big time to race, which must be a concern because the primary concern has to be the safety of the horses and jockeys. and already this year we have seen TWO meetings try to race when clearly the track was dubious at best. This is one reason why you need absolute top quality stipes which sadly we do not have here. I mean the guy at Omakau . I'm not saying it was his fault, but before their biggest meeting of the year, his quote that the sprinklers were supposed  to shut off at 8pm but they were still going at 8am, doesn't inspire confidence does it?

16 hours ago, Phantom said:

pressure must be on clubs big time to race, which must be a concern because the primary concern has to be the safety of the horses and jockeys. and already this year we have seen TWO meetings try to race when clearly the track was dubious at best. This is one reason why you need absolute top quality stipes which sadly we do not have here. I mean the guy at Omakau . I'm not saying it was his fault, but before their biggest meeting of the year, his quote that the sprinklers were supposed  to shut off at 8pm but they were still going at 8am, doesn't inspire confidence does it?

The stipe made a statement of fact that the sprinklers had been left on .... he didn't leave them on

Do we need top quality stipes to tell us whether a track is safe ?

3 hours ago, rumpole said:

The stipe made a statement of fact that the sprinklers had been left on .... he didn't leave them on

Do we need top quality stipes to tell us whether a track is safe ?

Agree not a stipes job to say if track safe, they are there to see races are run in accordance of the rules supplied to them. It's up to the club to provide safe track and their staff but for any reason they can't supply a safe track and this is where common sense doesn't prevail at times, at least be accountable in their accessment of track.