RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
We're Doomed

Quick Explanation Anyone

I'm a bit out of touch these days so don't know how everything works anymore. I just wondered if anyone can explain to me how today's Timaru meeting with a $50,000 Listed race is one of the lowest tier industry racemeetings with rating 75s only worth $11,000, whereas the Wgtn meeting on 27 Jan is a Premier meeting when its tightest class of race is a rating 85, so no open class or feature race of any description. I would have assumed a premier meeting would at least need to have an open class race.

10 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

Wellington 27th is not a Premier meeting.  The Premier (Iconic) meeting that day is the Karaka Millions evening at Ellerslie. 

As I said, I am out of touch. What is the name for meetings with $22,500 rating 65s and $30,000 rating 85s.? And I certainly didn't suggest it was an iconic meeting.

Karaka Millions is shown as Iconic which is the major meeting that day. 

You have Premier 1 meetings, Premier 2 meetings, Iconic meetings, Feature meetings, Tier 2 Feature Meetings and Industry meetings.

The examples you use above can be used over a range of meetings, eg. Waikato Racing Club have a R85 $30,000 race and a $25,000 R65 on 6th February which is a Feature meeting and on Feb 10th they have 2 R85 $30,000 races and a2 R65 races for $30,000 and it is a Premier 1 meeting. Ellerslie on 17 February have a R85 $35,000 race and 2 R65 $27,500 races and it is a Premier 2 meeting. 

Call into your local racing club and pick up Racing Programme book which shows all the races with the stakes and what each meeting is rated.   

Regardless of what the meeting is called, it could be called Bert for all I care, it still seems strange that a meeting with nothing like a feauture race of any description is funded to run high staked minor races when a meeting with a listed race has to run $10,000 65s.