RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Guest 2Admin2

Rule Question: Removing saddle of winner

Guest 2Admin2

I thought the only person who could remove the saddle on a winner was the jockey.  Can a trainer do it as well?  

Traditionally the the jockey has done it, certainly that’s what I have observed over the years. 

I was involved with the Castletown WRC result and I thought that Rod or Rachael doing the dead on the day would have been perfect. 

Unfortunately neither could get their hands on the girth strap therefore it amounted to nothing!

What a glorious opportunity when begging. 

Guest 2Admin2
18 minutes ago, Insider said:

Traditionally the the jockey has done it, certainly that’s what I have observed over the years. 

I was involved with the Castletown WRC result and I thought that Rod or Rachael doing the dead on the day would have been perfect. 

Unfortunately neither could get their hands on the girth strap therefore it amounted to nothing!

What a glorious opportunity when begging. 

I thought no one was allowed to touch the jockey or their saddle until they had weighed in.  

Guest 2Admin2
17 minutes ago, von Smallhaussen said:

and there it was for all to see on nationwide TV - yet nothing in the stipes report. Maybe they didn't see it. 

I'm pleased someone else saw it.  Typifies the professionalism of RIU. 

Guest 2Admin2
14 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Isn’t the rule an arse though ?

Overseas the jockeys dismount and embrace owners, trainers etc..then go take the saddle off later to weigh in....what’s wrong with that ? Isn’t it all adding to the “entertainment industry experience”, or is this little fucked up and paranoid NZ jurisdiction still fantasising about Harry & Vinny swapping used silver vibrators after the wining post ?

The rules are the rules.  If you aren't going to enforce them then why have them.

I got told off once for shaking the hands of the jockey after a good win on my horse.  So I agree partly with your comments.

However when someone else other than the jockey removes the saddle and then hands the gear to the jockey isn't that a step too far?  I can't recall any overseas jurisdiction allowing that.  

Guest 2Admin2
49 minutes ago, puha said:

Which race was that ?

Race 3 or 5.  Can't remember but von smallhausen might help.

9 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Isn’t the rule an arse though ?

Overseas the jockeys dismount and embrace owners, trainers etc..then go take the saddle off later to weigh in....what’s wrong with that ? Isn’t it all adding to the “entertainment industry experience”, or is this little fucked up and paranoid NZ jurisdiction still fantasising about Harry & Vinny swapping used silver vibrators after the winning post ?

does it happen in aust