RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Peter Jenkins

New Year 7 Day Challenge Results Thread

Final Table (provisional):

Congrats to captain Howie and his team Vidi Vici (incl. Maureen, Casper, Mr Gee and John) who did in fact see and then conquer, overcoming an 8 point deficit with three rounds to go to prevail by the narrowest of margins.

Commiserations to Sleighed'em who were well led by Maria and looked very strong in the early rounds and shot clear at the top of the straight (after 4 rounds) but then fell in a hole.  Age a factor as well as PJ's absence over the final few rounds?

The Elves with a strong finish to jump from 6th to 3rd - shows what you can do when all 5 team members post their picks (SuperComp 101 at Hurricanes training school).

The Rubiks also finished strongly to nab 4th place.  Kloppite went from the doghouse with a downtrou in round 1 to the penthouse in the final round.

Lots of talk among the also rans - Equos looked like a stacked line-up and got off to a strong start but then struggled.  Five Kings had a mathematical shot at it on the final day but came up just short and ended up with the wooden spoon.

Thanks to Peter J and all entrants for another fantastic comp.  Over and out.

image.png.be13d006c06467cc1bc402b1b1b7a8fe.png

Thanks all, it was a fun week :)  congrats VV, and well done Sleighed'em ... we weren't one of the faves, in fact we weren't even mentioned in the pre-comp write ups ... but look at the finals board :wub:

Have a wonderful summer everyone, take care and don't forget your slip slop slap, I think it's going to be a warm one.

Firstly hats off to John who did a phenominal Job on a diffulcult day :D

Secondly big THANKS to PJ for devising a nice comp to finish off 2017 and kick start 2018 :D

Thirdly Thanks Captain CUBES and the rest of my team mates in Rubiks for being so friendly and encouraging ..... also to all other team mates throughout the year its kept this old gander interested in all things fun !!!! 

Finally to the ADMIN THANKS for having and running this site ..... have a great year ahead ...

and to all RACE CAFERS BEEN  a PRIVELEDGE to meet and chat to you thruoghout the year.:D :D

Congrats to team Vidi Vici and their captain Howie - love your contribution to the comps and your unwavering optimism.  0 points for your team after two rounds and these were your words;

"On our form today I can see us " Vidi Vici 's notching our first win tomorrow. We're not out of this yet, and heads remain high."

Congrats also to John on the Super Comp grand slam for 2017 (and a tiny bit of '18):

Summer-Autumn comp - winner (Hurricanes)

Winter comp - winner (Reds)

Spring comp - winner (Hurricanes)

New Year comp - winner (Vidi Vici)

He'll say it's just luck but if you've been on his team in these things you'll know it's not luck - he is incredibly competitive and doesn't do these things by half.  Finished this comp with 6 wins from 7 matches - one of only two who did that I think.  Suspect he won't be last pick in the first round of the draft the next time round.

Just got home after the family outing to fantastic news, our ' Vidi Vici 'team ... ' I Saw I Conquered '... having finished at the top in the PJ New Year 7-Day Challenge Competition.

What fantastic team-mates I was blessed with - John with 6 wins from 7 starts, an absolute PJ Comp legend in every respect, and has my absolute utmost respect. Not just picking winners in every team he's in but giving confidence to all those around him, then comes out on top of all that to provide a faultless performance scoring and updating for all us competitors the final two days when there's no-shows, a dead-heat yesterday, mega-number of late scratchings today, the works. Calm and faultless right through. Casper has been a genius this campaign (as he has in previous campaigns) with high scores in just about all 7 matches this comp. John and Casper were the rocks on which the ' Vidi Vici ' were able to mount its assault on the leaderboard. Mr Gee was an absolute revelation for 'Vidi Vici ', some brilliant tipping through the 7 days to sweep some very skilled opponents asunder. Under-rated and over-achieved the best way to sum up Mr Gee's valued contribution. Maureen the Invincible started slowly in the comp but built nicely with some handy wins through the 7-days and even won and defended the Challenge Shield through the course of the comp.

The final day of the Comp was a strange beast, culminating with the final-race abandonment, but hey we all know that's racing for you. I think all competitors deserve congratulations for the good spirit in which the competition was played. Several "newbies" are adding much to these PJ Comps, I like their style and they're pretty good tipsters  too.

As well as our thanks to John we also of course thank as always the Comp maestro and legend PJ. What a canny idea to run a Christmas/New Year  Comp for us ...it went brilliantly and was very well received. Added a lot of interest for people over the Christmas/New Year period. The closeness of the comp from 1st through 8th is testimony to PJ's skill in selecting the personnel for the 8 teams. And thanks for your scoring and updates, PJ, also faultless.

Well done all ...with a special mention of course to my team-mates Maureen, John, Casper and Mr Gee. I'd look forward to seeing any of you 4 in any future team that I'm in.  

Thank you for the kind words of fellow competitors after our win today, particularly TC. Much appreciated.

Happy New Year, everyone.  

Thanks Howie.

I want to thank everyone for participating n what was a fun comp and John and Brian in particular for their efforts in updates and scoring when I was not available. Top effort guys.

A big congrats to the Vidi Vici's who came with a well-timed and sustained run to take out the main prize. 

May be more comps to follow for a little while yet.

Happy New Year to everyone