RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Punter puts 40k on Vincent in Auckland Cup?????

1 hour ago, gary1 said:

let me ask you one question would you outlay 40 big one s in one hit 

Gary,what a stupid question!

The only ones that can get that amount of money on with Bookies are known losing punters!

1 hour ago, gary1 said:

REALLY BRODSTER YOUR VERY UPSET

Why on earth would “The Brodster be upset?

I love seeing punters win!

Anyway, can’t be bothered debating with you as you are clearly an antagonist and it is New Year’s Eve, so have a beer.

1 hour ago, SMD is rife said:

Hey Brodie awhile back you said no one could get 10k on a harness horse and that it was blatant lies if anyone suggested they could. Time to wipe the egg off your face to start 2018?

No egg on any face SMD!

There have been several bets of 10k plus on short priced favourites taken by the TAB.

These bets are taken by them from punters that are known to be losing punters.

If you are a winning punter then you won’t get that amount of money on, and you will be restricted!

Have a great 2018 SMD.

CHRISTCHURCH PUNTER Graham Beirne laughs when reminded of the TAB’s slogan: ‘‘You know the odds, now beat them’’. That’s because Beirne is so successful at beating the odds, the TAB has imposed a $2000 ceiling on what he can win on a horse.
Beirne is one of several big punters who have been targeted by the TAB which claims their level of winning on fixed odds betting is ‘‘no longer sustainable by the New Zealand Racing Board.’’
In a letter to Beirne, executive general manager Glenn Patrick says the TAB is losing ‘‘a significant amount of money’’ on his fixed odds betting so it had to adjust the amount he could win.
Beirne can now not win any more than $2000 on a win or place bet, and cannot win any more than $2000 even on a combination multi, a restriction which Beirne says is ridiculously tight. The bets also have to be placed by 9.30am.
‘‘It’s more like, ‘You know the odds, now beat them. But if you do, we’ll cut you’,’’ says Beirne who is livid at the way he’s been treated by TAB officials.

12 minutes ago, Brodie said:

No egg on any face SMD!

There have been several bets of 10k plus on short priced favourites taken by the TAB.

These bets are taken by them from punters that are known to be losing punters.

If you are a winning punter then you won’t get that amount of money on, and you will be restricted!

Have a great 2018 SMD.

Nice to see you have changed your tune, you are finally starting to learn.

2 hours ago, SMD is rife said:

Nice to see you have changed your tune, you are finally starting to learn.

Learn what?

That punters are treated differently?

Knew that years ago SMD.

8 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

No matter which side of the fence you sit on in this thread Vincent and the All Stars team did their bit and bolted in. The punter won 15K. Well done to him and the TAB for accepting the bet.

Why wouldn’t the TAB accept the bet?

To pay out roughly one third of the investment for a winning horse is nothing.

The TAB clearly knows the punter and is prepared to take their bets for an obvious reason!

Good on him or her for putting on 40k, would be nice to be able to have the facility to be able to do that as well!

6 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Why wouldn’t the TAB accept the bet?

To pay out roughly one third of the investment for a winning horse is nothing.

The TAB clearly knows the punter and is prepared to take their bets for an obvious reason!

Good on him or her for putting on 40k, would be nice to be able to have the facility to be able to do that as well!

I suspect jealousy inspired this reply Brodie. You really do need to get over the fact that they wont take your larger bets because as you have told us consistently you are a prolific  winner.

Why not just accept that on this occasion the Horse ,Trainer, Punter and Driver got it all right. Thats my main point

2 hours ago, Lee270744 said:

CHRISTCHURCH PUNTER Graham Beirne laughs when reminded of the TAB’s slogan: ‘‘You know the odds, now beat them’’. That’s because Beirne is so successful at beating the odds, the TAB has imposed a $2000 ceiling on what he can win on a horse.
Beirne is one of several big punters who have been targeted by the TAB which claims their level of winning on fixed odds betting is ‘‘no longer sustainable by the New Zealand Racing Board.’’
In a letter to Beirne, executive general manager Glenn Patrick says the TAB is losing ‘‘a significant amount of money’’ on his fixed odds betting so it had to adjust the amount he could win.
Beirne can now not win any more than $2000 on a win or place bet, and cannot win any more than $2000 even on a combination multi, a restriction which Beirne says is ridiculously tight. The bets also have to be placed by 9.30am.
‘‘It’s more like, ‘You know the odds, now beat them. But if you do, we’ll cut you’,’’ says Beirne who is livid at the way he’s been treated by TAB officials.

Is Graham Beirne still constantly crying about being restricted ?

Does he have a Race Cafe account ?

1 minute ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

I woud be suprised if they are one and the same.

The Graham Beirne I have bought a vehicle off seems like a real can do kind of guy and in no way a cry baby.

i think there use be a dominic beirne also who was either a big punter or bookmaker

6 minutes ago, gary1 said:

well if he was a dapper fella full of knowledge he is definitely no relation to the brodster

Gary, I am dedicating this year to “The Year The Brodster Doesnt Waste his time with clowns”!

PS. And the year that The  Brodster doesn’t respond to bloggers that like to hold hands!

4 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Gary, I am dedicating this year to “The Year The Brodster Doesnt Waste his time with clowns”!

PS. And the year that The  Brodster doesn’t respond to bloggers that like to hold hands!

thanks for that ronald ill get  the kids to come and say gday when they visit mcdonalds  and will the hamburgler be with you aka happy

18 minutes ago, Brodie said:

come on broddy dont be like that remember the good old days when we use to hold hand and skip down to the local tab

5 hours ago, Lee270744 said:

i know a few people that would love to be on 2k limit.. very generous compared to some.. Do find it odd tho that The Wale is on 3k but that's because TAB look after there own id say!

1 hour ago, Str8Shooter said:

i know a few people that would love to be on 2k limit.. very generous compared to some.. Do find it odd tho that The Wale is on 3k but that's because TAB look after there own id say!

Think you will find that Graham would be less than 2k and not sure whether he is even bothering nowadays.

Wasnt aware of what Craig was restricted to but it has a lot to do with how much they win from what I understand!

The Problem is not just the restrictions but also the amount they slash the odds after a relatively small bet is placed and they kill both the win and place divs.

That means that if a winning punter puts a place bet on it appears that punters are hammering it because the win odds are slashed!

The TAB haveeverything in their favour and this is doing damage to the future of harness racing!