RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jimbob

head to head bet Race 5 Matamata

34 minutes ago, jimbob said:

Terms and conditions do not state these conditions

I aim to get head to head betting stopped in NZ, unless they update the terms and conditions in regards to these bet types

You lost a bet don’t ruin things that that some of us enjoy. 

Infact stop betting all together if you can’t handle the odd variation.

it’s h2h betting you know what risks are involved. Or at least you should

Interesting how many punters on here are quite happy for the TAB to take advantage of them, show you why they make so much money from losers

Ill keep you updated on my vendetta to stop head to head punting in NZ, unless the terms and condition change

""watch this space""

Tel us....how much did you have on this bet? You remind me of those guys that turn up to shareholders meetings and rant and rave. Always the guys with the tiny amount of shares. You know the ones. I suspect you're one of these

Jimbob — So if i bet on over match total points in a rugby match 3 days out and then the day of game a torrential storm arrives that was not forecast can i then blame Metservice for my loss?

Your horse lost your analysis was well off look how far back in the field it came. Take some responsibility for your own pick and give up these petty crusade. 

8 hours ago, jimbob said:
Response from RIU

I can respond to your email regarding the head top head betting option on race 5 at Matamata on 20 December.

Under the rules of Racing the approach of the stewards is that a horse needs to be ridden out if it is in close contention to fill a stakes bearing position (usually the first 4 or 5).

If a horse is outside these positions and is not making ground the rider is not expected to be vigorous in ridding to the line and in fact will be charged for using the whip or being too vigorous on a beaten horse.. This is an animal welfare issue, we cannot have horses who are beaten being vigorously ridden.

I understand that this can cause an issue with head to head betting where both the runners may be out of contention. The RIU raised this with the NZRB when head to head betting was introduced. 

We made it clear we would not be charging a rider for easing up on a horse and losing a head to head result if the horse was out of contention.Our suggestion was that the Victorian betting rule should apply. In Victoria as I understand it if both the horses in the head to head run outside the first five placings the bet is refunded.

NZRB have not taken this option up so it is a matter of caveat emptor (let the buyer beware).

Exactly 

17 hours ago, jimbob said:

message sent to TAB

I would like to put forward a situation in which racing and been brought into disrepute

The TAB offered a head to head bet Race 5 Matamata  20th December between 

Number 9 Hatrick Boys and Number 1 Neddy Nadeem

A head to head option in racing is absolutely no difference between a head to head bet between  The All Blacks and South Africa

The Punters are expecting the participants  in the head to head to put everything into winning  the option

Clearly Alysia Collett Stopped riding her horse well before the line, this enabled Hatrick Boys along the inside to get his nose in front.

as per the response below
The Head to Head betting does not state these conditions that jockeys do not need to ride horses out

This is the response from the RIU

"The RIU raised this with the NZRB when head to head betting was introduced. 

We made it clear we would not be charging a rider for easing up on a horse and losing a head to head result if the horse was out of contention.Our suggestion was that the Victorian betting rule should apply. In Victoria as I understand it if both the horses in the head to head run outside the first five placings the bet is refunded.

NZRB have not taken this option"

So I am seeking a full refund from my bet yesterday  or I will be taking this up with the NZRB and Racing Minister, then my Lawyer

I've had my fair share of moans on here Bobby but normally (alcohol dependant)try and get my facts straight. The first thing I notice about your gripe is the head to head, Colletts horse had 3 Len on Innes at the 500 and was being ridden up not making much ground , when Leith levelled with her at around the 200 mark the number 7 created a tightening issue,both riders stopped riding losing momentum, now this momentum was all they both had as both were only going through the motions without looking dividend bearing,so why would they try to lift their mounts again? The most obvious thing to me is in all likelihood with a clear run you were going to lose anyway and with this being the case knowing you backed the wrong horse just accept your loss . The rules have been explained and people who punt head to heads know the risks involved( you being the exception)it's an option that should of been removed after the Walker ballsup but 'they' knew better. Don't take h2h bets and you could have a merrier Xmas :) 

6 hours ago, Gruff said:

I've had my fair share of moans on here Bobby but normally (alcohol dependant)try and get my facts straight. The first thing I notice about your gripe is the head to head, Colletts horse had 3 Len on Innes at the 500 and was being ridden up not making much ground , when Leith levelled with her at around the 200 mark the number 7 created a tightening issue,both riders stopped riding losing momentum, now this momentum was all they both had as both were only going through the motions without looking dividend bearing,so why would they try to lift their mounts again? The most obvious thing to me is in all likelihood with a clear run you were going to lose anyway and with this being the case knowing you backed the wrong horse just accept your loss . The rules have been explained and people who punt head to heads know the risks involved( you being the exception)it's an option that should of been removed after the Walker ballsup but 'they' knew better. Don't take h2h bets and you could have a merrier Xmas :) 

I personally think you are wrong 

But it is not about this one race now

It is about the terms and conditions in head to head races altogether

RIU have told us how it works, and basically head to head bets should be refunded if  none of the 2 runners are in the top 5

Easy

11 minutes ago, jimbob said:

I personally think you are wrong 

But it is not about this one race now

It is about the terms and conditions in head to head races altogether

RIU have told us how it works, and basically head to head bets should be refunded if  none of the 2 runners are in the top 5

Easy

The fact RIU say something or hold a view doesn't make it right  ! 

I think Gruff's comments were pretty on the mark. As was someone else who mentioned how poorly your selection actually went. I'd be considering where I went wrong in deciding to place the bet if I were you, so you get better. Changing terms and conditions isn't going to help as much as better picking...

Jimbob, thank you for bringing that Racing Integrity Unit response to our attention.  The RIU have taken a lot of flak, and some of it has been well deserved, but in this instance they exactly right on the ball.

My worry is that racing is under the aegis of the New Zealand Racing Board and their response to the RIU is just another example of their fcuked up minds.  Who will buy a yearling at Karaka when the industry is run by those dongbeaters, dingbats and dickheads.