RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jimbob

head to head bet Race 5 Matamata

4 minutes ago, gubellini said:

jimbob Alysha is the correct spelling of the jockey concerned. I suggest you take up a new hobby like line dancing, war gaming or scrapbooking. If you carry on like this you will soon fill a scrapbook with your punting tales of woe!

Ok Grubalini .

If you cant handle discussion, then go play pin the tail on the donkey. 

Jimbob, my guess is that the RIU will stop head to head betting in the near future as it can’t successfully be policed, primarily on the basis of animal welfare. 

If they don’t, they are not doing their job properly. 

Animal welfare going forward is one of our industries biggest hurdles, even though I think Thoroughbred Racing is the best by far. 

Greyhound Racing has a dreadful outlook and where do all the very slow cheaply bred Standardbreds, unsuitable for much, end up?

9 minutes ago, Insider said:

Jimbob, my guess is that the RIU will stop head to head betting in the near future as it can’t successfully be policed, primarily on the basis of animal welfare. 

If they don’t, they are not doing their job properly. 

Animal welfare going forward is one of our industries biggest hurdles, even though I think Thoroughbred Racing is the best by far. 

Greyhound Racing has a dreadful outlook and where do all the very slow cheaply bred Standardbreds, unsuitable for much, end up?

Same place very slow Thorougbreds end up I'm guessing....:rolleyes:

48 minutes ago, jimbob said:
Good Morning RIU (email sent)

I would like to put forward a situation in which racing and been brought into disrepute

The TAB offered a head to head bet Race 5 Matamata between 

Number 9 Hatrick Boys and Number 1 Neddy Nadeem

A head to head option in racing is absolutely no difference between a head to head bet between  The All Blacks and South Africa

The Punters are expecting the participants  in the head to head to put everything into winning  the option

Clearly Alysia Collett Stopped riding her horse well before the line, this enabled Hatrick Boys along the inside to get his nose in front.

The stipendairy report  is incorrect in saying Neddy Nadeem was running out of a little bit of room in the concluding stages.
Neddy Nadeem was running out of a little bit of room at about the 200metre mark, but had plenty of room to be ridden out over the concluding stages.

Failing this to happen by Alysia Collett has given the 7th position in the race to Hatrick Boys

Please watch the replay
Kind Regards

Goodness. I certainly don't want to get into a slanging match here, especially since it doesn't sound like English is your first language. All I can say is good luck with that.

I will though point out that there is actually a difference between a racing head to head and a rugby head to head. With the ABs and SA it really is a two horse race and they are each trying to win. In racing it could involve two horses as part of a 16 horse field and each of them have to be conscious of the fact that their major role is to try and win the race rather than beat the other horse home, so their riding tactics must take that into account. If a jockey rides only to beat one other jockey regardless of whether it costs them both the chance of winning the race then that would not be a good look.

3 minutes ago, gubellini said:

jimbob in the last 12 months dozens of jockeys including Alysha have ridden horses I have shares in at the trials or races. I have not one complaint against any of them! Funny that.

You must be an easy marker Gub

I have regular moans about jockeys riding mine - it's one of the few perks of being an owner :ph34r:

Couple of things Jimbob 

A- You lost a bet stop been a sooky. I bet this option quite often and have had lucky wins and unlucky losses. This is the risk i take with betting this option. Unless it is made into the same as Australia books where it is only paid out if winner finishes top 4 that’s the way it is. It’s a bet not a guaranteed return. 

B- This is not the same as the a sports h2h. In this option there is only a win or a loss for each team. In a h2h horse bet the horses can finish last and second which means a win or loss in the bet but no difference in stakes for the horses. 

9 hours ago, barryb said:

Oh dear,  take a long while before you respond and realise how very silly you are after you have reread the above post a few times.

I am not even going to try and explain it to you as it would be a lost cause.

Crucible has pulled your pants down Barry. End of story.

13 minutes ago, barryb said:

Enlighten us as to how?.

Simply by virtue of the fact that he showed an understanding of basic probability theory, while you took the school playground approach of "I won't tell you because you won't be smart enough to understand it".

Why don't you enlighten us with your wisdom - who knows we could all be better off as a result of that - as unlikely as that might be.

Are you laughing because you realise how stupid you have been.

I just had a look at todays gallops and the market is as I thought dreadful. Its nothing more than gouging from dumb punters.

Have a look at a 2 option sports event to compare.

Just now, N1MUE said:

Simply by virtue of the fact that he showed an understanding of basic probability theory, while you took the school playground approach of "I won't tell you because you won't be smart enough to understand it".

Why don't you enlighten us with your wisdom - who knows we could all be better off as a result of that - as unlikely as that might be.

I have told you, the % is theft from dumb punters who dont understand value.

Barry, you are making an idiot of yourself, the H2H option offers the lowest take out rate of any racing bet type. You do know the TAB removed this option from harness. I wonder why. Crucible has done the maths for you and yet you still can't see.

Response from RIU

I can respond to your email regarding the head top head betting option on race 5 at Matamata on 20 December.

Under the rules of Racing the approach of the stewards is that a horse needs to be ridden out if it is in close contention to fill a stakes bearing position (usually the first 4 or 5).

If a horse is outside these positions and is not making ground the rider is not expected to be vigorous in ridding to the line and in fact will be charged for using the whip or being too vigorous on a beaten horse.. This is an animal welfare issue, we cannot have horses who are beaten being vigorously ridden.

I understand that this can cause an issue with head to head betting where both the runners may be out of contention. The RIU raised this with the NZRB when head to head betting was introduced. 

We made it clear we would not be charging a rider for easing up on a horse and losing a head to head result if the horse was out of contention.Our suggestion was that the Victorian betting rule should apply. In Victoria as I understand it if both the horses in the head to head run outside the first five placings the bet is refunded.

NZRB have not taken this option up so it is a matter of caveat emptor (let the buyer beware).

message sent to TAB

I would like to put forward a situation in which racing and been brought into disrepute

The TAB offered a head to head bet Race 5 Matamata  20th December between 

A head to head option in racing is absolutely no difference between a head to head bet between  The All Blacks and South Africa

The Punters are expecting the participants  in the head to head to put everything into winning  the option

Clearly Alysia Collett Stopped riding her horse well before the line, this enabled Hatrick Boys along the inside to get his nose in front.

as per the response below
The Head to Head betting does not state these conditions that jockeys do not need to ride horses out

This is the response from the RIU

"The RIU raised this with the NZRB when head to head betting was introduced. 

We made it clear we would not be charging a rider for easing up on a horse and losing a head to head result if the horse was out of contention.Our suggestion was that the Victorian betting rule should apply. In Victoria as I understand it if both the horses in the head to head run outside the first five placings the bet is refunded.

NZRB have not taken this option"

So I am seeking a full refund from my bet yesterday  or I will be taking this up with the NZRB and Racing Minister, then my Lawyer

1 hour ago, SMD is rife said:

Barry, you are making an idiot of yourself, the H2H option offers the lowest take out rate of any racing bet type. You do know the TAB removed this option from harness. I wonder why. Crucible has done the maths for you and yet you still can't see.

I rest my case.

It would have been removed from Harness because its very easy to manipulate.

The only person making a goose of themselves is you because you are commenting on something you have little knowledge on.

20 minutes ago, jimbob said:

message sent to TAB

The TAB offered a head to head bet Race 5 Matamata  20th December between 

as per the response below
The Head to Head betting does not state these conditions that jockeys do not need to ride horses out

This is the response from the RIU

"The RIU raised this with the NZRB when head to head betting was introduced. 

NZRB have not taken this option"

So I am seeking a full refund from my bet yesterday  or I will be taking this up with the NZRB and Racing Minister, then my Lawyer

Oh goodness, I'm sure we all look forward to following this saga as it makes its way through the courts system.

1 minute ago, barryb said:

I rest my case.

It would have been removed from Harness because its very easy to manipulate.

The only person making a goose of themselves is you because you are commenting on something you have little knowledge on.

Gee Barry, if we stopped all those those people commenting who had little knowledge of something this place would go very quiet.

11 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

jimbob

however aggrieved you feel,  the reality is here you bet into a bet type conducted in an environment you didn't fully understand.

I'd learn from it rather than tilting at windmills...

Col

Terms and conditions do not state these conditions

I aim to get head to head betting stopped in NZ, unless they update the terms and conditions in regards to these bet types

6 minutes ago, jimbob said:

Terms and conditions do not state these conditions

I aim to get head to head betting stopped in NZ, unless they update the terms and conditions in regards to these bet types

The terms and conditions when I take a sports bet on American Football don't talk about the correct inflation level of the footballs either. But I realise the rules of the sport I am betting into allow some things and not others.....

As for you crusading to stop this bet type because you got unlucky once ....mmmmmm