RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GOM

Sinister?

Just a warning to all trainers to be on the lookout.

A gentleman rang here a couple of weeks ago and said he heard we trained greyhounds and he was interested in them and could he come to see them and have a talk to me about them. I told him he was welcome. He said he was new to town and how did he get to our place. I told him and he finished with "well that was friendly enough" which seemed a bit odd. He never turned up which also seemed a bit odd.

This morning Brian called round to help  me run some dogs on our running strip and right at the front of the sandpit the dogs pull up in after a run lay a dead rabbit. I ran some dogs there yesterday afternoon and it was not there and the strange thing was it had no sign of injury like a gunshot wound.

With all that is going on in the dog world at the moment it seems so unlikely a rabbit would have a heart attack at the end of our running strip, particularly a short time after a bogus call from a stranger interested in greyhound racing making a bogus call.

42 minutes ago, what a post said:

If he rang a couple of weeks ago then that was before the story was exposed on mainstream media.  

So who do you think it may be who is out to get you?  Nothing wrong with a bit of paranoia, keeps you on your toes I suppose. Trust no one,especially  in- laws.

been on the turps

7 hours ago, GOM said:

Just a warning to all trainers to be on the lookout.

A gentleman rang here a couple of weeks ago and said he heard we trained greyhounds and he was interested in them and could he come to see them and have a talk to me about them. I told him he was welcome. He said he was new to town and how did he get to our place. I told him and he finished with "well that was friendly enough" which seemed a bit odd. He never turned up which also seemed a bit odd.

This morning Brian called round to help  me run some dogs on our running strip and right at the front of the sandpit the dogs pull up in after a run lay a dead rabbit. I ran some dogs there yesterday afternoon and it was not there and the strange thing was it had no sign of injury like a gunshot wound.

With all that is going on in the dog world at the moment it seems so unlikely a rabbit would have a heart attack at the end of our running strip, particularly a short time after a bogus call from a stranger interested in greyhound racing making a bogus call.

Seems very odd...

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I think you’ll find the larger kennels tend to have security cameras where as the smaller kennels don’t tend to go down that track

interesting because every big kennels I have been too had next to no security at all. Some have locks around but nothing too protective.