RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
TOM(the other Molloy)

Late Loaders getting an advantage

I didn't watch any Te Rapa races yesterday but in view of the stipes report thread previously decided to watch the Cal Isuzu and J Swap group 3's 

Lizzie Lamour drew three, was last loaded and won then Royal Success who drew one was last loaded and won.  Last week Kawi drew four, was last loaded(I think or was certainly loaded a couple of seconds before the jump) and won.  In each case there were horses standing in those gates for two minutes or more while the ones out the back just strolled around as relaxed as you want.

That is three group races in a week where the last loaded horse wins and in each case the draw order would indicate that the horse concerned should have been in far earlier.  AND we have this thing of getting the majority in then buggering about before putting the rest in.  It is not good enough and how the hell do they decide the sequence of horses being placed in the gates?

It is like the starter is deciding who will win the race and if it is my horse(whether an ownership share or one I have backed) being disadvantaged then I am not terribly impressed.

The other horse loaded late last week was Cold Play so we have two Baker horses, a Te Akau horse and a Sharrock horse getting clear advantage over the rest.  There seems to be a pattern of the glamour stables getting favours from the starters.  

Can anyone explain this to me?

Guest 2Admin2

Start training Consensus to wear a barrier blanket those with one seem to go in last mostly.

Why does the Stewards Stipendiary Report not record horses that have received approval to either load early or late, based on evidence of previous loading difficulty. (Section 6.7  of Starter's Manual)?

41 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

Start training Consensus to wear a barrier blanket those with one seem to go in last mostly.

Consensus is not the point(although she is as disadvantaged as any other horse).  This is wrong on so many counts.

In my view the horse draw the outside already has a massive disadvantage so should be the one loaded last(unless they are doing the half and half thing whereby the horse drawn the middle should be loaded at the same time).  They should commence the loading process and show urgency until it is finished and notorious bad loaders should be put in first so other do not stand there while tardy loaders bugger about.

Bottom line horses standing in the gates for several minutes is not good enough.  They know what they are there for and standing time should be minimised full stop.  No horse should be advantaged by a hap hazard modus operandi in terms of the gates.  And when certain stables are getting repeated advantage one begins to get very suspicious.  It wouldn't happen in Aussie , Singapore or Hong Kong.

1 minute ago, PGK said:

Why does the Stewards Stipendiary Report not record horses that have received approval to either load early or late, based on evidence of previous loading difficulty. (Section 6.7  of Starter's Manual)?

Good point and is there justification for a schedule to be published at the start of the day of horses intended to be loaded out of order?

Guest 2Admin2

As I said in an earlier thread it is only a $1,500 problem.  Hire more barrier attendants.

13 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

As I said in an earlier thread it is only a $1,500 problem.  Hire more barrier attendants.

The number of barrier attendants does not affect the order of loading and nor does it influence the habit of starting the loading process, getting most in then going to sleep for five minutes before loading the favoured few.

Guest 2Admin2
10 minutes ago, TOM(the other Molloy) said:

The number of barrier attendants does not affect the order of loading and nor does it influence the habit of starting the loading process, getting most in then going to sleep for five minutes before loading the favoured few.

It affects the speed of loading thus minimising the length of time from first to last.

I think statistically your hypothesis that the last horse loaded performs better is as statistically relevant as the barrier position.

1 hour ago, 2Admin2 said:

It affects the speed of loading thus minimising the length of time from first to last.

I think statistically your hypothesis that the last horse loaded performs better is as statistically relevant as the barrier position.

You will note that they rush the initial majority of the runners in then seem to go into slow motion with the reminder

It is not a question of staff levels it is a question of acting to promptly complete the loading process once it has began 

One of those races(the J Swap I think) was well over a minute overdue and they were still plodding around like their feet were in treacle with the last few runners

It is almost getting the stage where it appears to be a rort with the principal beneficiaries being those aforementioned major stables

Guest 2Admin2
1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

At least half of those named either drew the outside or one from the outside.

On that basis they should be removed from the survey because they probably loaded in the correct order, and their chances were significantly impacted by the wide draw ( as is the case when Racing on good ground ).

Only if the pace was on over a certain distance and a certain number of starters.