RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Tauhei Notts

Ratings

I want to learn about the relatively new "ratings system" and how it works with possibly some case studies to help explain the ramifications.  I have spent 90 minutes rambling about the HRNZ web site and found nothing.  I would be grateful if somebody here could possibly point me in the right direction.

I am so old that I recall maiden trotters going from the 3.56 class to the 3.51 class after one win in a 13 furlong race.  I seem to think that 4.23 was cup class, but that was a  long time ago.

These might help if you haven't already seen them. Especially the last one as it is the most recent and up to date.

As for case studies....ask any owner and you will get a variety of opinions! I am sure some owners on here might be able to give you some insight.

If not, Brodie will give you the 'maiden' perspective and Fartoomuch will give you the 'Allstars' perspective so you will get informed about all types of horses :D

https://infohorse.hrnz.co.nz/dochr/hrnz/HandicappingPresentation.pdf

https://www.hrnz.co.nz/news-and-events/latest-news/4825-changes-to-guiding-principles

https://infohorse.hrnz.co.nz/dochr/hrnz/RatingsSystemGuidingPrinciples-1August2017.pdf

27 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

These might help if you haven't already seen them. Especially the last one as it is the most recent and up to date.

As for case studies....ask any owner and you will get a variety of opinions! I am sure some owners on here might be able to give you some insight.

If not, Brodie will give you the 'maiden' perspective and Fartoomuch will give you the 'Allstars' perspective so you will get informed about all types of horses :D

https://infohorse.hrnz.co.nz/dochr/hrnz/HandicappingPresentation.pdf

https://www.hrnz.co.nz/news-and-events/latest-news/4825-changes-to-guiding-principles

https://infohorse.hrnz.co.nz/dochr/hrnz/RatingsSystemGuidingPrinciples-1August2017.pdf

Wrong again HS but feel free to make things up about me. FYG, once again, i do not  nor have i ever had any connection with All Stars stable. Unlike many on here i do however have profound admiration for their professionalism both on and off the track. Their results speak for themselves and have done for many years.

20 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

Wrong again HS but feel free to make things up about me.

Make up what? Geez, you are so paranoid. If you can't see that sentence for what it is then you need to get out more. There is no doubt Brodie likes maidens and, as you said yourself in the above post you admire the Allstars (nothing wrong with that, I do too) so I was having both of you on. Hence, the smiley face.

Shit, if you want an adversary then you can have one. Bring it on.

34 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Make up what? Geez, you are so paranoid. If you can't see that sentence for what it is then you need to get out more. There is no doubt Brodie likes maidens and, as you said yourself in the above post you admire the Allstars (nothing wrong with that, I do too) so I was having both of you on. Hence, the smiley face.

Shit, if you want an adversary then you can have one. Bring it on.

I wont be lowering myself to your level and thanks for the threat. Its been noted.

31 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

You are an arrogant arse.

The most negative poster on here but you win the award for the best troll. Congratulations.

Happy some would say “The Brodster” is the most negative on here even though what he says is always on the money.

Fart Too Much is probably the most sensitive.

At the end of the day it is a forum to discuss things harness, to improve the sport,  point out idiosyncrasies, errors and also controversy.

Some just want to attack others and go against them just because that is the type of people they are!

You are one of several on here that do contribute wisely and we all know who the others are that don’t,

3 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

Right on Cue we have FU and Brodie - took you longer than usual to reply.:lol:

Fart Too Much, we both probably spend too much time on here, but it is only because we await your postings which are always worth reading aren’t they?

Given how much you agree with each other and the timing of posts someone recently suggested you might even be one and the same Wayne. I have no opinion either way.

I hope you have enjoyed my positive All Stars comments as well as the Franklin TC thread. A great nights racing with lots of juicy odds and competitive driving.

4 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

Given how much you agree with each other and the timing of posts someone recently suggested you might even be one and the same Wayne. I have no opinion either way.

I hope you have enjoyed my positive All Stars comments as well as the Franklin TC thread. A great nights racing with lots of juicy odds and competitive driving.

You are probably right Fart Too Much, and I could even be you as well!

Rest assured there is only one “brodie”and as we know always on the money.

N

And no racing far better today at Rangiora, Auckland was boring as per normal..

41 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

I just try and ignore him now Brodie, he's very smarmy, arse licky and creepy.....stalking you and trying to get info from people about you sort of sums it up. Note how the thread turned to custard very quickly. 

Oh shit why am I talking to myself, I am you!

You can be whoever you like- but your never true to your posts FU. You never actually contribute but just stalk me. Brodie can look after and defend himself which is why i can give him some credit. You on the other hand are so predictable and boring that you could make an onion cry. Keep em coming every time i post as that's your style and yet you call me a troll etc

2 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

Given how much you agree with each other and the timing of posts someone recently suggested you might even be one and the same Wayne.

I can safely say I know neither Brodie or FU. Why a certain group on here persist in calling a person by their 'supposed' name is very uncool. What is the agenda there? A certain clan on here seem to actually know each other it seems.

42 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

stalking you and trying to get info from people about you sort of sums it up.

Yeah, very disturbing. 

44 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Note how the thread turned to custard very quickly. 

Yip, I thought I made a very normal post helping out Tauhei Notts with the ratings and made a tongue in cheek comment about Brodie and FTM. Then it turns to shit because FTM interprets it completely the wrong way. If this place is that bad that it turns into a shit fight then what is the point of being on here?

17 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I can safely say I know neither Brodie or FU. Why a certain group on here persist in calling a person by their 'supposed' name is very uncool. What is the agenda there? A certain clan on here seem to actually know each other it seems.

Yeah, very disturbing. 

Yip, I thought I made a very normal post helping out Tauhei Notts with the ratings and made a tongue in cheek comment about Brodie and FTM. Then it turns to shit because FTM interprets it completely the wrong way. If this place is that bad that it turns into a shit fight then what is the point of being on here?

Feel free to leave . It's your personal choice.

Just now, Fartoomuch said:

Feel free to leave . It's your personal choice.

That reply sums you up 100%

You turned it into something personal when it was a comment about the purpose of this forum.

Sad thing is, you will never see it or acknowledge it.

6 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

You brought myself and Brodie into this. I merely corrected the nonsense you posted about me and then received the threat you posted

Nice work  trying to turn your earlier post around as if im the bad guy.

Fortunately, Brodie has a sense of humour but you are far too precious.

Others can judge this topic to see if you are indeed right in what you say.

I am not bothering with you anymore, as it is a complete waste of time.

8 hours ago, Tauhei Notts said:

I want to learn about the relatively new "ratings system" and how it works with possibly some case studies to help explain the ramifications.  I have spent 90 minutes rambling about the HRNZ web site and found nothing.  I would be grateful if somebody here could possibly point me in the right direction.

I am so old that I recall maiden trotters going from the 3.56 class to the 3.51 class after one win in a 13 furlong race.  I seem to think that 4.23 was cup class, but that was a  long time ago.

You have probably worked out that asking your question on here has surprised you  somewhat with the level of childish behaviour shown. Thank goodness HS gave you something to work with, unlike the " others". 

I lost money on Nightmarch at Winton.  He had won his previous start, that being his third win, and he was bottom rated at 40.  You cannot get any lower than that.  He must be a place chance, at least.  Yeah, placed sixth.

Nightmarch?  My father used to work for Alec McAuley.

8 hours ago, Tauhei Notts said:

I lost money on Nightmarch at Winton.  He had won his previous start, that being his third win, and he was bottom rated at 40.  You cannot get any lower than that.  He must be a place chance, at least.  Yeah, placed sixth.

Nightmarch?  My father used to work for Alec McAuley.

They love these 40's. Mine is still a non winner with a 40 rating. cant see how a 3 win horse can have the same rating though