RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
45yearsofharness

Here we go again

Race 3 - FORBURY PARK BAR & BISTRO FILLIES & MARES MOBILE PACE
SANDRA KEITH - Driver A Lowe defended a charge alleging that the manner he drove in this race fell below the standard expected of a competent horseman. The JCA found the charge to have been proved and suspended his horsemans license for a period of eight months and imposed a fine of $1000.

Although watching this it was a tad disappointing,  but why not put them on a trial/probation period for a couple of starts and give them a chance to improve. 

I have seen many drivers over the years that should not be out there, but are still driving terrible races and nil done. 

Taking away their licence is not going to fix the problem.

17 minutes ago, 45yearsofharness said:

Although watching this it was a tad disappointing,  but why not put them on a trial/probation period for a couple of starts and give them a chance to improve. 

I have seen many drivers over the years that should not be out there, but are still driving terrible races and nil done. 

Taking away their licence is not going to fix the problem.

At least they finally got round to addressing the drive as it has taken ages.

Need to read the write up to see how he defended the drive. Personally, I thought it was one of the worst drives I have ever seen, actually the worst. 8 months is quite light considering the way they do things as he doesn't drive very often at all. I am just not sure the value of chucking a $1000 fine on top it for a person who wouldn't win much in stakes at all. 

Taking away his licence will hopefully encourage him to employ a more competent driver for his horse.

Yes totally agree, it has taken far to long to decide a simple open and closed case.

Problem is that most of Mr Lowe’s horses aren’t overly endowered with talent so they have trouble getting around Fields.

Not sure why a fine was required apart from filling the coffers.The Stipes on the night should,have laid the charge and JCA spoken to Mr Lowe and there and then suspended his license for a period, end of story.

Hardly a case to defend apart from driver and horse not with an

enough true ability to be out there on the track.

The Harness judiciary doesn’t need to be long winded like our court sustem if it is a clear case!

As 45years has said, there are a helluva lot of other drivers that shouldn’t be out on the track driving as they continually drivevery poorly.

You would think that they would know they were nil by looking at their UDR!

17 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Yes totally agree, it has taken far to long to decide a simple open and closed case.

Problem is that most of Mr Lowe’s horses aren’t overly endowered with talent so they have trouble getting around Fields.

Not sure why a fine was required apart from filling the coffers.The Stipes on the night should,have laid the charge and JCA spoken to Mr Lowe and there and then suspended his license for a period, end of story.

Hardly a case to defend apart from driver and horse not with an

enough true ability to be out there on the track.

The Harness judiciary doesn’t need to be long winded like our court sustem if it is a clear case!

As 45years has said, there are a helluva lot of other drivers that shouldn’t be out on the track driving as they continually drivevery poorly.

You would think that they would know they were nil by looking at their UDR!

UDR judges actual results only and takes no account of the enjoyment and satisfaction the licensee gets.

3 hours ago, TwentY$BilL said:

UDR judges actual results only and takes no account of the enjoyment and satisfaction the licensee gets.

Fair Enugu but if you have a horrendous UDR then you should give it away if you are to do best by the punter

I suppose you could say a horse may have so little ability you could give it a % 97 chance of finishing in the rear, the driver has to do what all he is capable of to not reduce it to % 100. If he does what he can and it it still runs like rat shit, well obviously no blame attached.   This bloke KO'd the horse from the start., the only time I've seen anything veer so far off course was my old dad at Piha one day when he wandered  right off the path, after seeing some topless women bathing  in the other direction.

UDR rating is ok but doesn’t lead a full picture as Say a hobbie driver could be driving horses who would be highly ranked by many  to finish in the bottom 1/3 of the feild yet they may often drive it very well and finish say 4th 5th or 6th so has probly driven it very well to finish higher than many expect but because they haven’t run in the first 3 the udr is .000 for that drive. Some horses Barrring accident just have no chance in some fields doesn’t mean the driver has always driven it poorly 

1 hour ago, hsvman said:

UDR rating is ok but doesn’t lead a full picture as Say a hobbie driver could be driving horses who would be highly ranked by many  to finish in the bottom 1/3 of the feild yet they may often drive it very well and finish say 4th 5th or 6th so has probly driven it very well to finish higher than many expect but because they haven’t run in the first 3 the udr is .000 for that drive. Some horses Barrring accident just have no chance in some fields doesn’t mean the driver has always driven it poorly 

Yes you are correct.

I can tell you though that we all know who,aren’t the flashiest drivers and their UDR will support that.

Have been following harness for a long time and I know who is food and who isn’t and the UDR supports that.

Point being that air a driver has got a UDR in microscopic no.s perhaps it is time to give away the driving?

5 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Super name for a horse and still available.

Brilliant name I would agree.

Enugu is Swahili for enough, did you not learn that at school?