RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Basil

26-day suspension!

Since Brodie seems to be asleep on his own job, I thought I'd better do it for him and raise the 26-day suspension handed out to Mark Purdon for his drive on Ultimate Machete.  He

• was driving the hottest of hot favourites on a saucer track without a passing lane

• had just 3 races earlier been a certainty beaten when forced to take the trail

• didn't make contact with any other horse, just forced it wide on the first bend.

In short, he would seem to have been harshly penalised (Brodie mode fully turned on!) for doing his best for punters.  

Now I gather there's some local rule against pushing other horses wide, so perhaps some sanction was inevitable.  But 26 days?!  The Aussies must be having a laugh.  After all, our stipes only gave the despicable K Manning 2 weeks after her disgraceful drive on Arden Rooney in the 2015 Cup (the horse has never raced again since that week), so double that for what's a non-event by comparison seems, shall we say, a tad excessive.  

Or have I succumbed to Brodie-itis?:D

This penalty is consistent with what the stipes do in WA. As i have said previously the WA stipes are the most vigilant in Aus and definitely NZ 

The rules are quite clear and if you transgress in a GI you will pay an extra penalty. On this occasion Purdon was beaten out from the 1 draw and naturally wanted to get off as quick as he could. Unfortunately he pushed out on the first corner when not able to do so forcing the horse outside him 3 wide and others having to take hold. Although I agree what he did was necessary for the horse UM to lead and there for have its best chance in a 200K race he did break the rules. 

M Grantham in race 9 shifted down the track when insufficient room and was given 28 days. And yesterday at the Perth gallops W Pike the leading rider was given 28 days for a similar offence. Therefore the stipes are consistent. I would much rather seen this and make for cleaner racing than have dodgems that you seen in other states and Nz and not a thing said. 

4 hours ago, Basil said:

Since Brodie seems to be asleep on his own job, I thought I'd better do it for him and raise the 26-day suspension handed out to Mark Purdon for his drive on Ultimate Machete.  He

• was driving the hottest of hot favourites on a saucer track without a passing lane

• had just 3 races earlier been a certainty beaten when forced to take the trail

• didn't make contact with any other horse, just forced it wide on the first bend.

In short, he would seem to have been harshly penalised (Brodie mode fully turned on!) for doing his best for punters.  

Now I gather there's some local rule against pushing other horses wide, so perhaps some sanction was inevitable.  But 26 days?!  The Aussies must be having a laugh.  After all, our stipes only gave the despicable K Manning 2 weeks after her disgraceful drive on Arden Rooney in the 2015 Cup (the horse has never raced again since that week), so double that for what's a non-event by comparison seems, shall we say, a tad excessive.  

Basil, sorry I disappointed you and hadn’t picked up on this, as I didn’t watch any of the Interdominion races really?

Basically given investing on the OZ trots and odds are far too short to make it worthwhile!

The Ozzie Stipes do come down hard on transgressions far more so than here and are faster at resolving them.

They seem to have dumb rules as they don’t seem to be able to hook into,the 2wide lane even if there is a gap.

They seem to have to pull back to the rear if they are caught out 3 side.

Maybe with this race fixing that is going on in Queensland it is happening elsewhere as well?????? ?

6 hours ago, Basil said:

He checked the outside horse - there was not a gap and he made one . Horse plus driver should of gone .

5 hours ago, harewood said:

Have you got some inside information Brodie?

Your always on the money..... Right?

No inside info at all!

Sometimes you watch the Oz Trots and something is going on or some less than average drives occurring!

2 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

Is that why you don't bet over there or is it because of the prices as you posted elswhere

Bit of both really although I do weaken at times and invest!

Doesnt seem to be much consistency in the way most Drive and they do t care as they can line up somewhere else 2 or 3 days later!

21 hours ago, harewood said:

Have you got some inside information Brodie?

Your always on the money..... Right?

According to social media, the news articles that are presented by bloggers etc and comments about them Brodie is most likely right. But some could be false (comments) . One such claim off hand is in a town in NSW , cheating is rife amongst some of the participants.