RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Summer Cup last night- Standing Start or WHAT????

Stands

861 (1) Each horse shall as far as is practicable be drawn up before the start upon its proper mark and position by the starter and/or his assistant(s).

The question is whether an assistant is allowed to use an aid. Personally, I don't think so.  

5 hours ago, richie said:

It is in the rules and all trainers would know it availeable

Where is it in the rules that says that any horse can have a starters assistant hold a horse with a lead rope from a standing start???

What clause is it do you know???

Surely it is dangerous to have 15 starters assistants standing on the track with lead ropes?

The second line horses would possibly bowl,the starters assistants?

What was  that clause no. Again please????

Just now, Kotare_Hunter said:

Which race are you refering to ?

Any standing start race!

Can you please post a link to one of these races where this occured ?

No the point is that if any horse is allowed an assistant to lead a horse up to the tape and let go when the tape is released. It becomes an OSH issue.

This has now set a precedent and any trainer with a suspect horse from a stand can now ask for it to be led up to the tape with a lead rope!

It wasn’t right and should not have happened unless you can point out to us all that there is a rule that allows a driver to have his horse led up to the tape, and  let go once the tape is released!!!

I know Sugar Cane has this done from a mobile start but not from a standing start that it has!!

Why is this do you think?

9 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Since when ?

Kotare, you are asking silly questions that have no merit!

Please advise the rule that allows any horse to be aided by an assistant with a lead rope, to hold it until the tape goes and then release?

Please reply with the rule no.!

Just now, Brodie said:

Please advise the rule that allows any horse to be aided by an assistant with a lead rope, to hold it until the tape goes and then release?

I know you have been refered to the stipes in the past and pretty sure names and numbers were provided. For certainty give them a call. If you are actually phone call phobic just post their details on here and I will we happy to call for you.

In the meantime lets make do with the rule Steven Stocks best posted earlier.

12 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

I know you have been refered to the stipes in the past and pretty sure names and numbers were provided. For certainty give them a call. If you are actually phone call phobic just post their details on here and I will we happy to call for you.

In the meantime lets make do with the rule Steven Stocks best posted earlier.

So clearly there is no such rule,that allows a starter to hold a horse with a lead rope until despatch is there????????

Sets a precedent now though!   

8 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Often overly specific rules aren't required when commonsense can prevail.

You are having us on now Kotare!!!!

Hopefully they wont come up with a new rule.

Did you phone the stipe ?

Hopefully they wont come up with a new rule.

Did you phone the stipe ?

No you reckon it is already in the rules!

Please advise which one?

39 minutes ago, Brodie said:

20 minutes ago, Brodie said:

So clearly there is no such rule,that allows a starter to hold a horse with a lead rope until despatch is there????????

Sets a precedent now though!   

More pedantic nonsense from Brodie the whinging place punter. Ring the stipes and get your answers to your stupid questions. you know their numbers and they yours. Over to you FU to help your mate out- again

Just now, Fartoomuch said:

More pedantic nnsense from Brodie the whinging place punter. Ring the stipes and get your answers to your stupid questions. you know their numbers and they yours

Not at all Far Too Much.

We have been told that the rule is already there and yet no one has been able to advise us all what no. the rule is once again!

1 minute ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

How many horses have the All Stars trained for you Brodped ?

Got nothing to do with anything!

Just asked the question is it in the rules to be able to do what actually happened, and you are telling us it is and yet haven’t quoted what the rule no. is!

2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Got nothing to do with anything!

Just asked the question is it in the rules to be able to do what actually happened, and you are telling us it is and yet haven’t quoted what the rule no. is!

Just about as stupid as your question re M House at Kaikoura, Ring the RIU, we have given you their numbers numerous times and ask them rather than bore us all on here or is Wayne too shy?

49 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

Just about as stupid as your question re M House at Kaikoura

No, it is not. 

It is a very worthwhile question.

I don't agree with Brodie over the length of time for the enquiry at Kaikoura or his comments about the final but this has merit. It actually gives a horse an unfair advantage. From what it says in the rules, Richie is only half right. 'As far as practicable' is open to interpretation. It is certainly pushing the boundaries to have an aid to lead a horse up. Only unruly horses or horses off a mark can have the benefit of it for safety concerns as they are out there by themselves.

Are you and Kotare both fine with that if you back a horse and it gets beaten by a horse who had the same help Rocks did?

Next time I have a poor standing start horse I might ask for two assistants either side of him so he can keep straight. I want them strong too so they can give him a push for a flying start.

6 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Next time I have a poor standing start horse I might ask for two assistants either side of him so he can keep straight. I want them strong too so they can give him a push for a flying start.

Will you wait until said horse is classified as Unruly ?