RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Summer Cup last night- Standing Start or WHAT????

Last nights Summer Cup at Alexandra Park was down to be a standing start by way of it being advertised!

Was wondering why a horse named Heavens Rock was led up with a starters assistant with a lead rope!

Just wondering if this is a normal procedure that any driver can ask starters assistants to do for standing starts, or Why was this allowed to happen???

Bit puzzling really as it seems unfair that only one horse was given this assistance!

Yes I know he was slow away and went great but if this horse was allowed to be led up with a lead rope from a standing start any other horse should be able,to have this as well!!!!

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Last nights Summer Cup at Alexandra Park was down to be a standing start by way of it being advertised!

Was wondering why a horse named Heavens Rock was led up with a starters assistant with a lead rope!

Just wondering if this is a normal procedure that any driver can ask starters assistants to do for standing starts, or Why was this allowed to happen???

Bit puzzling really as it seems unfair that only one horse was given this assistance!

Yes I know he was slow away and went great but if this horse was allowed to be led up with a lead rope from a standing start any other horse should be able,to have this as well!!!!

Any evidence the others wanted this and were declined ?

2 hours ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Any evidence the others wanted this and were declined ?

A desperate reply only designed to have a crack at Brodie. 

Makes no sense at all.

Do you believe each horse in a race should have the opportunity to be brought forward by an attendant with a lead rope?

Just now, Kotare_Hunter said:

8 should be fine given it is an even number.

Yip, just a crack at Brodie.It is your pastime. Just come up with a better counter-argument next time.

Anyway, I imagine Brodie would not be too concerned, as my guess is he backed Every Option. Certainly for the place at the least. Sort of horse he would back.:) Especially, since Lazarus' main rival, Raphoe, is not running tonight.:lol:

9 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Yip, just a crack at Brodie.It is your pastime. Just come up with a better counter-argument next time.

Anyway, I imagine Brodie would not be too concerned, as my guess is he backed Every Option. Certainly for the place at the least. Sort of horse he would back.:) Especially, since Lazarus' main rival, Raphoe, is not running tonight.:lol:

Thats the way he operates- Brodie the place punter  and junior stipe in waiting:rolleyes:

I would , like Brodie , know it is within the rules . 

If so then advertise the service and let others use it or change the rule.

We need full transparency in our sport - not favoured treatment for some ( if this is the situation in this case ) .

14 hours ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

LOL

Why is he wondering today ?

NO

Because everyone should be offered the service if it is in the rules. Otherwise favoured treatment is been given to one horse / stable again which should stop .

You are the stables cheer leader and it does get tiresome .

10 minutes ago, LongOwner said:

Because everyone should be offered the service if it is in the rules. Otherwise favoured treatment is been given to one horse / stable again which should stop .

Surely the funniest post ever.

If not do feel free to post numerous instances of this.

If a horse is in a standing start race, it Should be just that.

A standing start and this sort of thing sets a precedence for all stabdscwhether it be a top class race or a maiden stand!

There are standing starts at Mot today, and therefore any driver should be entitled to have an assistant with a lead rope give them assistance?

We know this won’t happen and it should not have happened in the Summer Cup in Auckland, but we all know that it is not an even playing field!!!

26 minutes ago, Brodie said:

A standing start and this sort of thing sets a precedence for all stabdscwhether it be a top class race or a maiden stand!

There are standing starts at Mot today, and therefore any driver should be entitled to have an assistant with a lead rope give them assistance?

We know this won’t happen and it should not have happened in the Summer Cup in Auckland, but we all know that it is not an even playing field!!!

Not all horses would react kindly to this.

Most horses are not wired along the same lines as Heaven Rocks.

18 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Not all horses would react kindly to this.

Not all horses are wired along the same lines as Heaven Rocks.

Kotare totally irrelevant statement.

Heaven Rocks was given preferential treatment that is not available to the other horses in a stand start!

Take your blinkers off as you can not defend this.

14 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Sounds like a Brodfact.

How do you know it was not available ?

Who wanted it and wasn't allowed it ?

Give up before you get further behind, Kotare.

41 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Not convinced that has happened in the last 5 years LOL

Don't you watch the races?

7 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Give up before you get further behind, Kotare.

Don't you watch the races?

I feel I watch most Harness races.

My overall conclusion of standing starts is that there are a variety of methods and for ALL horses to be standing when the tapes are released is pretty rare and not something I recall happening in the last 5 years. Obviously it is not something I am focused on.

The answer to Brodie's question can only be answered when one defines when the start of a race is.

Alta Orlando during Cup Week was not late scratched when it refused to move up behind the mobile. So does a mobile race actually become 'live' once the mobile moves or is it when the mobile speeds off to allow the horses to start running the race?

Is a standing start 'live' when a starter says 'Pole horse this time'? or is it when he releases the tape? If it is when the tapes are released then any and every horse can get all the assistance they want but it will be a shambles. Why should an unruly horse be allowed to have special assistance it is not fair and from a betting perspective it is something that has to be factored in.

There is something contradictory about Alta Orlando being deemed a runner in that race while Heaven Rocks can get assistance, and with the use of an aid to start the race. 

Yet again, it is something that is unclear or maybe I just don't the rules around a start, just like I can't understand the laws around the ruck in rugby!

Maybe the boxseat boys who talked about 'Orlandogate' could shed some light.

4 hours ago, LongOwner said:

It is in the rules and  any trainer worth a pinch of salt will know it availeable.Good on Nat for using the rules to her advantage

4 hours ago, Brodie said:

If a horse is in a standing start race, it Should be just that.

It is in the rules and all trainers would know it availeable