RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Nice Option

Danny Crozier

Guest 2Admin2

Did anyone else know that the races were being used as fitness training?

6 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Do you pay the bills for the horses??? If not then you have to take your chances just like everyone else as you don't have any right to know, only the owners do.

You do have the right not to be misinformed though. Not saying this was the case here as didn't hear what was said.

Where did you get that info Nice Option ?

Guest 2Admin2
1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

Do you pay the bills for the horses??? If not then you have to take your chances just like everyone else as you don't have any right to know, only the owners do.

No that's not correct.  When a trainer says BEFORE the race that the horses needed the run isn't that deception?

2 hours ago, Nice Option said:

2 Danny Crozier runners at Riccarton - trainer reports that they will both need the run. Both bolt in..... 

Thats an old classic quote, you hear it so often these, my interpretation is that they don't really have a clue, how they will go, lets face it not always the best horse wins the race, luck in the running plays the biggest part, and that is out of everyone's control, pay your money and take your chances, you learn never to take to much notice of the interviews.

TeRapa Hizzy and that was bullshit. In this day and age, all the information that is out there, punters can make their own judgement call and don’t bother listening to the so called informed opinions. I always give an honest appraisal, but my owners come first, as they pay the bills.

I seem to

15 minutes ago, Chris Wood said:

TeRapa Hizzy and that was bullshit. In this day and age, all the information that is out there, punters can make their own judgement call and don’t bother listening to the so called informed opinions. I always give an honest appraisal, but my owners come first, as they pay the bills.

Sorry Chris but you right are bullshitt. Owners come first can have a horse in work for months and the cost of everything so yes owners first punters next 

15 minutes ago, Chris Wood said:

remember a trainer saying much the same at Ellerslie . The horse won he was fined 10k

5 hours ago, Nice Option said:

2 Danny Crozier runners at Riccarton - trainer reports that they will both need the run. Both bolt in..... 

I remember the Myers incident well and it was Alan Fenwick from memory that laid the charges after Mr Clarke made a meal out of being made to look foolish after his interview...I suppose you could give the RIU a call and see if it would qualify for investigation. Crozier is a battler and seems to fit their criteria for a squizz....not sure how long you have been around Nice Option, but the counter balance to this is and this is easily available on Google.

Mr Guerin caught credit betting and also from memory played down the chances of a pacer he had an interest in at Alex park and the thing won very well at BIG odds, these things happen all the time, but that is what the RIU are for according to their add on radio.

I have heard Mr Pitman on occasions label a horse a certaintly only for it to run poorly. Surely that does just as much harm to more people. Crozier's horse did pay almost $45 so there was hardly a plunge on it. I imagine the trainer was more surprised by the result than most punters. I'm sure he doesn't deserve abuse after having a surprisingly good day at the races.

4 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Are you lot suggesting that it should be compulsory for every trainer to declare his/her runner a certainty, that appears to be the solution because clearly you don’t like someone like Crozier giving an honest ( albeit incorrect ) appraisal.

Yeah that's what we are saying :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, hizzy said:

I seem to

Sorry Chris but you right are bullshitt. Owners come first can have a horse in work for months and the cost of everything so yes owners first punters next 

remember a trainer saying much the same at Ellerslie . The horse won he was fined 10k

the problem with this is punters stop betting if fed misleading info by trainers etc, and even more people think the whole game is a rort.

By all means give the owners the best information you can (trainers can be distinctly average there as well mind you ). And then either tell the truth to the media or just avoid the media.

Pretty simple really

(and maybe Danny did exactly that - makes you wonder about judgement if that is the case though doesnt it....)

6 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

the problem with this is punters stop betting if fed misleading info by trainers etc, and even more people think the whole game is a rort.

By all means give the owners the best information you can (trainers can be distinctly average there as well mind you ). And then either tell the truth to the media or just avoid the media.

Pretty simple really

(and maybe Danny did exactly that - makes you wonder about judgement if that is the case though doesnt it....)

a lot of interviews with trainers over the melb cup carnival were very forthright especially hayes /dabering remember when hayes was asked about his chances he gave an honest appraisal of all them

It does happen. Two weeks ago I was at the races and a "good" friend of mine had a runner having her first start back from a spell. She's a nice horse (by Sebring) and his Trainer, whom I know very well said this. " she's really well but It will be too short for her and I'm just looking to her to run home from the back. I can't recommend that you back her". We were having lunch with about 8 other friends and my friend told everybody at the table just what the Trainer said. Don't back her. But he then went on to say, "Look, personally I think she's an each way chance paying $40. She looks well and she might surprise us. I think she's got a bit of quality about her". With that, most got up and backed her each way. Another friend of mine (Alan), put $100ew at $38fixed odds and also put $100 on a one out quinella with a horse I said "I" was backing to win. Yep, this story has a good and bad ending. The good part is the Trainer was right (and wrong). The horse flew home from the back and got up in the last stride to WIN ! Everyone on the table (thanks to the Owner) were jumping up and down, especially Alan who had tickets in his pocket worth $9000 (yep Quinella got up). All the while, I was sitting there with a dud win ticket on the 2nd horse!! I didnt had a cent on the winner! That's racing :):( It ended up paying $41 on the tote. So, how can you blame the trainer? He gave an honest appraisal of the horses chance but her quality got her over the line. (By the way, theTrainer  does not bet).

2 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

I have heard Mr Pitman on occasions label a horse a certaintly only for it to run poorly. Surely that does just as much harm to more people. Crozier's horse did pay almost $45 so there was hardly a plunge on it. I imagine the trainer was more surprised by the result than most punters. I'm sure he doesn't deserve abuse after having a surprisingly good day at the races.

If its the race im thinking you are all on about then Danny had 2 runners in it. The other one had some support including the trainers $$$. That i know for a fact

Interesting just listening to Kenny Rae talking about Prom Queen on Trackside Radio today regarding her failure in the guineas and saying she had a cough for a few days leading up to the the Saturday.

i don't recall reading or hearing anything about this, I may have missed it.

Wouldnt you think he would have mentioned this PRIOR to the race considering she was the red hot favourite? Pretty poor form in my book.

5 hours ago, Trump said:

It does happen. Two weeks ago I was at the races and a "good" friend of mine had a runner having her first start back from a spell. She's a nice horse (by Sebring) and his Trainer, whom I know very well said this. " she's really well but It will be too short for her and I'm just looking to her to run home from the back. I can't recommend that you back her". We were having lunch with about 8 other friends and my friend told everybody at the table just what the Trainer said. Don't back her. But he then went on to say, "Look, personally I think she's an each way chance paying $40. She looks well and she might surprise us. I think she's got a bit of quality about her". With that, most got up and backed her each way. Another friend of mine (Alan), put $100ew at $38fixed odds and also put $100 on a one out quinella with a horse I said "I" was backing to win. Yep, this story has a good and bad ending. The good part is the Trainer was right (and wrong). The horse flew home from the back and got up in the last stride to WIN ! Everyone on the table (thanks to the Owner) were jumping up and down, especially Alan who had tickets in his pocket worth $9000 (yep Quinella got up). All the while, I was sitting there with a dud win ticket on the 2nd horse!! I didnt had a cent on the winnwher! That's racing :):( It ended up paying $41 on the tote. So, how can you blame the trainer? He gave an honest appraisal of the horses chance but her quality got her over the line. (By the way, theTrainer  does not bet).

As i said do the trainers know any more than the average joe, in my opinion some horses shouldn't be at the races, they have to be showing some ability, or running times, if not wasting your time and money, stay at home. 

On 12/9/2017 at 10:01 AM, Trump said:

It does happen. Two weeks ago I was at the races and a "good" friend of mine had a runner having her first start back from a spell. She's a nice horse (by Sebring) and his Trainer, whom I know very well said this. " she's really well but It will be too short for her and I'm just looking to her to run home from the back. I can't recommend that you back her". We were having lunch with about 8 other friends and my friend told everybody at the table just what the Trainer said. Don't back her. But he then went on to say, "Look, personally I think she's an each way chance paying $40. She looks well and she might surprise us. I think she's got a bit of quality about her". With that, most got up and backed her each way. Another friend of mine (Alan), put $100ew at $38fixed odds and also put $100 on a one out quinella with a horse I said "I" was backing to win. Yep, this story has a good and bad ending. The good part is the Trainer was right (and wrong). The horse flew home from the back and got up in the last stride to WIN ! Everyone on the table (thanks to the Owner) were jumping up and down, especially Alan who had tickets in his pocket worth $9000 (yep Quinella got up). All the while, I was sitting there with a dud win ticket on the 2nd horse!! I didnt had a cent on the winner! That's racing :):( It ended up paying $41 on the tote. So, how can you blame the trainer? He gave an honest appraisal of the horses chance but her quality got her over the line. (By the way, theTrainer  does not bet).

Trump just love hearing stories like that, but am puzzled as to why you didn't have a saver

18 hours ago, hizzy said:

Trump just love hearing stories like that, but am puzzled as to why you didn't have a saver

I had her to run 2nd,3rd and 4th in Tri and F4 multis. 100 m to go I was looking to collect about $50k - but ended up with 0. :( 

On 12/9/2017 at 10:01 AM, Trump said:

Nearly all backed it each way....and you didn't Trumpy.....??! Think I might have risked a few shekels at 40-1......:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Nearly all backed it each way....and you didn't Trumpy.....??! Think I might have risked a few shekels at 40-1......:rolleyes:

My mistake. But if it ran 2nd.....$50k :) but it won :( I was happy for my friends. Alan, who won $9k for having $100ew and $100 on the Quin, goes to 4 race meetings a year, doesn't bet In between (except Melb Cup) wouldn't know how to play "Pin the Tail on the Donkey", yet wins $9k! The punt - don't you just love it?