RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
gubellini

Matamata abandoned

7 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

I take it there was no rain on the day, so is there any explanation for the horse slipping? It seems to be that the moment any horse slips for any reason these days then the meeting is invariably abandoned.

This was not just any old slip though, it fell & took another down behind it, huge difference. The location of the slip is bizarre in itself and with temperatures boardering on 30 all week it’s totally unacceptable.

So can we take it from these Stipendiary/Jockey/Club officers inspections that it must ALWAYS be the fault of the track if a horse blunders/ slips/ falls and NEVER due to horse or jockey incompetence. Amazing that the other 10 starters in the race negotiated that part of the track with no other jockeys reporting dangerous conditions.

The stipes report for yesterday makes no mention of a specific problem with part of the track.Why not?

On 12/8/2017 at 8:20 AM, Huey said:

Not only that, too much rubbish racing at the same rubbish tracks. Centralisation doesn't/hasn't worked the entire calendar needs a rethink in a massive way, some great venues going to waste because of the ignorance and arrogance of a few who don't have the best interests of racing at heart but only that of their own. 

What you have to look at here is this,clubs had a directive that NO water is to be applied within 48 hours prior to racing and it is now clear that water was applied 12 hours before the meeting was due to start.I talked to a senor rider and he told me that he walked the track prior to the first and he has water on his boots,this is a joke and hence why the meeting was canned.The word i heard was a leading stable asked for water to be applied to the track,if this was the case that stable should/must be charged for breaking the protocol that was introduced.The RIU WILL NOT FOLLOW UP ON THIS as they have no idea.Tell me with today's technology why wasn't a block email sent to all Trainers advising them that the meeting had been abolished,how fu##in hard is that and yet i spoke to a trainer from Byreley Park who had one in the last and yet made it to the track some 3 hours after the cancellation had been made and then says that the owners do not get the $200 from NZTR.

NZ Racing has been became a joke,with a delegation up in Hong Kong achieving zero,the RIU ALLOWING TO GO ON A PROPERTY AND TAKING AN APPRENTICE OFF A PROPERTY WITHOUT ANY AUTHORITY FROM HIS FORMER BOSS.This is a Trainer that is a hard/fair task maker that trained a G1 winner yesterday and rightfully is taking the RIU to task.

Then you read where no charge or fine is applied to the starter at Riccarton,as he has given several years of service,then if that is the RIU belief then G Cooklsey knocks one down then do not charge him as he has given 45 years to the industry,again this is an embarrassment which is the fault of the RIU and there ridiculous decision on weather a charge should be laid.A man could have been seriously injured as a fault of the starter.I give up as this crap just continues under M Goober failed leadship.

Dennis Ryan President of the Matamata Racing Club stated earlier in the week on Trackside Radio that they would be watering the track on Thursday afternoon. I couldn’t believe my ears! Friday was overcast and obviously the track had not dried off properly. Absolute recipe for disaster.

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 5:32 PM, Tauhei Notts said:

That Graeme Styles at Matamata is possibly NZ's best course caretaker.  He is in shock at the abandonment decision, and rightfully so.  Just to add insult to injury, two hours after the abandonment, and with party time people at the races, the on course screens were still showing the abandonment rather than Riccarton odds.  I am convinced that NZRB and their TAB staff have a much better knowledge of the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi than they know about running a betting business.  They cannot comprehend that genuine punters want to bet on gallopers, not poker machines that bark or thieves on wheels.

This abandonment might just be the straw that breaks the camel's back.  One horse slipped less than 15 centimetres with a hind leg, not a front leg, and that horse was so scratchy in its preliminary that anything could have happened.

Yes Graeme does the job right but don't know how you judge him possibly the best, anyway you say the horse was scratchy in prelim but you say it slipped with a hind leg as normally horses that are scratchy are in the front legs and if you didn't know this also horses can slip over losing the footing with back legs it called the laws of gravity.

If you get the soil biology right then you will get the surface right. It's like a stuck record with a dash of Ground Hogg day. 

If you have a wet spell as we've had, the ground tends to compact when it dries out. As it compacts less air gets into it which shuts down biological activity that acts as the aeration mechanism. If the biology isn't there at the start, the the turf takes an age to get going.  Exacerbate this by poor chemical fertiliser, poor grass selection and watering programs and this is what you should expect. Why be surprised.