RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Iraklis

Oh Ho It's on!

Guys it's finally here, Inters Final night yey :D dunno bout you lot but hey it's 10.26am and I'm already a nervous wreck, gawd I'll never make it.....didn't help either to read Mark's thoughts on race tonite (I should never have read it) but I for one am runnin the gambit of excitement, and oh hell its here! geez I dunno how these trainers/drivers do it.....

GOOOOOOO!!!! THE MIGHTY KIWIS!!! (includin the honorary Kiwi ;) who's drivin me Faith)

Cheers Iraklis

1 hour ago, Iraklis said:

Guys it's finally here,

Getting ready for work Xmas lunch at Kings Park and then off to GP. YESSSS. Will be cheering hard for all those Kiwis who are not as lucky as i am to be there for what promises to be one terrific race. AND a great support card. 

GO Laz

1 hour ago, hedley said:

so who's going to put up a video link on this win..for those of us who couldn't watch it live

Thanks in advance

Lazarus slays them

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fields/race-fields/?mc=GP081217#GPM08121715

The Machete dominates....

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fields/race-fields/?mc=GP081217#GPM08121715

Seriously, it was just another very boring race for the best horses around.

Dont see how anyone gets excited about open class racing whether it is inters or cups etc!!!!  

Really a yawn fest!

17 minutes ago, Dockers said:

Brodie you really are a miserable sod. How could you not get excited about the best assembled harness racing field in years and also the richest pacing race in the world. I suppose you are going to the Santa Parade to boo Santa Claus again this year. 

Dockster, nothing about being miserable at all!

The race was very boring as everything apart from Lazarus just sat and weren’t given any chance of winning.

First 3 to the bend were first 3 home.

Of course it was a great field of top class horses, but the race was very boring or did you think,it was exciting????

Forums are for stating opinions whether you agree or not!

Lazarus was always going to,win when he drew 2and he was the best horse undoubtedly!

Call me anything you want and many do, but at the end of the day The Brodster” is always on the money whether you like it or not!

Did you bother having an investment on that race Dockster???

It was great to be there, excellent crowd, champion horse Lazarus in action with Purdon preparing and driving to perfection. Good field and hearing the crowd roar as the horses come around the home corner was fantastic.

Just a shame the trots still doesn't know how to cater for a crowd. Cue 12 deep to get a beer and not much improvement from pies and fish chips, a bit embarrassing the administrators  haven't moved with the times.

It was reported in the press that Purdon's horses are staying in Perth for the Fremantle Cup and WA Pacing Cup. They are then heading across to the eastern states for other big races.

No doubt the best horse won, and ably assisted by the only driver that turned up!

With the best of the best racing it had the potential to be a great contest, but as a spectacle, the consolation was head and shoulders above the final. Not only did they run several seconds faster, but everyone was driving to win .... not for second!

The expected contest never eventuated with the Aussie drivers all going to water on the night. Obviously Mark Purdon won the pre-race mental contest, as every other driver was positioning themselves for second money from the word go.

With the first 2100m run in a 2.01MR, the one lap dash was only ever going to be won by Lazarus.

He may well have won the race no matter how it was run, but watching the race unfold, I couldn't help but wonder if all the aussie drivers had been castrated prior to the race!

Brodie can't have been at the track seeing it live because I doubt anyone who was there would be calling it a yawn fest.

Sure the race wasn't a huge racing competitive spectacle but you get that. 

In my opinion great horses draw people to the track. That' what Lazarus did last night.

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Seriously, it was just another very boring race for the best horses around.

Dont see how anyone gets excited about open class racing whether it is inters or cups etc!!!!  

Really a yawn fest!

Never fear Brodie the Akaroa Trotting Club is in action tomorrow. Perhaps that is something for you to get excited about? Slow horses, most of them will still be in the same grade next season, rough grass track with a ridiculous crossing that always causes problem, back straight that is so far away from the grandstand you need a telescope to see the horses but there will be some good prices on offer. Enjoy!

15 minutes ago, Thejanitor said:

Never fear Brodie the Akaroa Trotting Club is in action tomorrow. Perhaps that is something for you to get excited about? Slow horses, most of them will still be in the same grade next season, rough grass track with a ridiculous crossing that always causes problem, back straight that is so far away from the grandstand you need a telescope to see the horses but there will be some good prices on offer. Enjoy!

Janitor, you are on to it!

The racing will be better at Mot tomorrow no doubt.

Whatever rocks your boat, it is just a matter of opinion at the end of the day.

If you enjoy racing where nothing moves and they sprint home, then good,on you.

If you enjoy more competitive racing where there is money to be made like at Mot. Then that is our perogative I would have thought.

”The Brodster”loves to get a response, and that is what I have got, which I appreciate!

Dont really see the point in backing horses where you only get your money back when you run a place, but obviously many punters dont give a toss whether they make money or not!

Yawn feast (you should change your name to this)- can't you ever appreciate a Champion horse, trainer and driver. Most (harness fans not picnickers) would far sooner travel to Perth to watch that than go to Mot. Are you really only interested in the punt? Do you always complain this much in real life. Do you have any friends or family left who want to listen to your waffle? Oh I see you opened another tread complaining about the Allstars. You must have really hated last night. Two huge wins in Perth and great results for them at Auckland.

2 hours ago, Dockers said:

Brodie you really are a miserable sod. How could you not get excited about the best assembled harness racing field in years and also the richest pacing race in the world. I suppose you are going to the Santa Parade to boo Santa Claus again this year. 

Haha and dont leave out his mate FU who arrogantly said that he would tell us all on here who would win once the draw came out. He got it wrong as well but will no doubt reply anyways to the contrary