RaceCafe
Sign in to follow this  
TOM(the other Molloy)

How does this work?

30 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Up 4.5kg from last week...makes it tough...:wacko:

Just at a quick glance quite a few of those it met last week are up in weight. Obviously this week's field is stronger, but it could easily win again, then it might get to a tricky place in the weights.

It's only up in weight because Ocean Emperor and A Paddy aren't in the field FFS.

Please tell me you at least understand handicapping 101.

The relevant issue is how would he meet the exact same field he beat last week after he'd been re-rated.

Trump, the Trainers have good intentions but they lack intellect and fire power, and besides NZTR is the manager of their finances, lends them money, and enforces the compulsory collection of the TA membership fees.

They have been emasculated and they really have no relevance any more other than that they're a token representative of the down trodden species known as trainers .

3 hours ago, poundforpound said:

It's only up in weight because Ocean Emperor and A Paddy aren't in the field FFS.

Please tell me you at least understand handicapping 101.

absolutely correct - but why aren't they in? My guess is their trainers don't want to send them around every start with 60kg on their backs.

anyway it is time for goodwill to all mankind - are they mankind in Petone? ;)

49 minutes ago, von Smallhaussen said:

absolutely correct - but why aren't they in? My guess is their trainers don't want to send them around every start with 60kg on their backs.

Kind of.

1 hour ago, von Smallhaussen said:

Authentic Paddy is in the Zabeel Classic at Ellerslie on Boxing Day. Ocean Emperor maybe in need of a spell. Has been up for a while.