RaceCafe
Sign in to follow this  
TOM(the other Molloy)

How does this work?

I don't think Prom Queen should have dropped in her ratings.  She is still an 85 horse at 1200 to 1400m.  Hindsight shows her run in the Guineas mile may have been too far for her.  She will go back to 1200m now.

The biggest way to get a horse down the handicap in England is three runs at the wrong distance.  Then rating falls, back to correct distance and boom :-)

48 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

I don't think Prom Queen should have dropped in her ratings.  She is still an 85 horse at 1200 to 1400m.  Hindsight shows her run in the Guineas mile may have been too far for her.  She will go back to 1200m now.

The biggest way to get a horse down the handicap in England is three runs at the wrong distance.  Then rating falls, back to correct distance and boom :-)

So if your logic is correct how and why did Son Of Maher drop four points for running last in a G1 over 2400 ??

What's the diff with Prom Queen ?

38 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

So if your logic is correct how and why did Son Of Maher drop four points for running last in a G1 over 2400 ??

What's the diff with Prom Queen ?

Hindsight probably suggests they shouldn't have dropped him.  However I think we all knew the distance of a mile was the big unknown for Prom Queen. 

Tony McCoy (arguably the greatest ever jockey) was asked what was the strangest thing he heard on a racecourse.  He said it occurred in a 40 runner handicap at the Cheltenham festival.

He asked Martin Pipe how we wanted the horse ridden, Pipe replied "Anyway you want, this horse is the biggest certainty that will ever walk out onto this racecourse'. 

This was still one of the biggest public gambles ever landed at a racecourse.

But Son Of Maher wouldn't get a 2400 trip if he took a bus....so what's the difference with Prom Queen who you claim doesn't get 1600 ?, or is this just an example of corruption, orchestrated by an idiot in Petone who's accountable to no one because his bosses are even more stupid than he is, and the RIU is too busy hiding up side roads spying on David Walker to address the real corruption in NZ racing, that being the handicapping model and the abuse thereof. 

How about Flying Ibis.!!!!! 

Another Pitty rort.

Placed in an open handicap Cup week, doesn't get a single point, then runs last next start at a country meeting and drops 3 points.!!!

Strickland is a corrupt and incompetent f...... loser who should be charged accordingly by the RIU then dismissed from his position.

4 hours ago, Tauhei Notts said:

Flying Ibis was dropped one point, not three points, for that inglorious last at Cromwell.

I disagree with you that Strickland is corrupt.  An incompetent fcuking loser; I agree with you.

They changed it yesterday after I posted the above.

He was dropped three and I have independent witnesses.

Here's what happened.

That hopeless moron Strickland is in Hong Kong, some equally deficient moron is trying ( unsuccessfully ) to do the job while  Strickland is away, however yesterday the Trainers Assn CHCH rep intervened and Strickland managed to drag himself away from the yum Cha and pork dumplings to declare that the three points deducted from Flying Ibis was just a clerical error, so they remedied it.

They're liars of course, it's corruption not a clerical error.

You got caught again Strickland you useless incompetent cheating bastard.

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

Here's what happened.

That hopeless moron Strickland is in Hong Kong, some equally deficient moron is trying ( unsuccessfully ) to do the job while  Strickland is away, however yesterday the Trainers Assn CHCH rep intervened and Strickland managed to drag himself away from the yum Cha and pork dumplings to declare that the three points deducted from Flying Ibis was just a clerical error, so they remedied it.

What would they do without Race Cafe.

Here's what happened.

I think that the only part of your post that is probably incorrect is the reference to the "Yum Cha and Pork Dumplings". If it was on official business, it's probably more like "Peking Duck first & second courses and also, steamed Lobster with ginger and schallots". :) (Basically that's called "YumYum - Chuurrrr". )

Here's what happened.

Unbelievable set of circumstances you outline p4p  I struggle with the seeming randomness of plus and minuses.

I have a horse which ran 7 of 12 (beaten 6.9 lengths) in R65 race. Was rated 63 and dropped 1 pt.

Ran 4th in G3 mares race beaten 3.4 lengths and got 7 points - up to 69.

Next start R65 - runs 11 of 16 and gets minus 1 to 68.

I'm not particularly arguing with any of the  re-ratings in isolation - but it does seem she should've lost more than 1 in the last start if she can get +7 for a one off good run in better company.

For all the arm chair critics out there, what will happen to the ratings of Kawi and Consensus who both ran right up to their respective ratings of 110 & 100 respectively?

Does Kawa stay where he is, while Consensus moves up a point or so?

Sofia Rosa with her first show of form this season deserves to go up a couple of points to represent something like here true ability.

What do others think?

He should stay exactly as he is.

She could cop 2 points, but it's irrelevant because they're both WFA horses, not handicappers, and as you say they ran to their ratings, well he did, she ran a bit above hers given that she's no leftie.

Sofia Rose is a wet tracker so she ran well on that hard ground, and yes I'd give her a couple of points for that effort.

2 hours ago, Insider said:

For all the arm chair critics out there, what will happen to the ratings of Kawi and Consensus who both ran right up to their respective ratings of 110 & 100 respectively?

Does Kawa stay where he is, while Consensus moves up a point or so?

Sofia Rosa with her first show of form this season deserves to go up a couple of points to represent something like here true ability.

What do others think?oi

The three best horses in the race ran one two three although the question of ratings - if that Kawi is as good as you lot reckon he should have a rating of 158 or so.

That doesn't answer the question I posed - if they want to increase those fillies ratings so dramatically for one run why was Prom Queen not reduced a heap for a poor run?

But another question for all you know alls.   Kawi draws four yet is the last or second last one loaded today with the other favourite Coldplay late as well.  How do they justify that favorable treatment?  Consensus had been loaded earlier then proceeds to miss the kick.  Fair?