RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
2Piper

Art Union

After running in Cup Preludes he is in at Addington on Thursday as a Claimer in the Amateurs race. Cheap well bred stallion here.

I see he must be under an injury cloud as he was away from the races for some 21 months.

What your thoughts on what his future should be?

Its a real head scratcher what he is doing as a $5000 claimer. I see Mr dalgety also had innocent artist nominated as a $5000 claimer although he did not accept in that race.,which was also puzzling why he was only at $5000. It will be interesting to see how Art Union goes,as for a horse that has raced in group races in nearly half his last 18 starts,you would think he would be winning and be a bargain. They should interview Mr Dalgety on trackside to tell us why he's  there as it would one of the most discussed aspects of the nights racing. We will have to wait and see.

9 hours ago, what a post said:

Its a real head scratcher what he is doing as a $5000 claimer. I see Mr dalgety also had innocent artist nominated as a $5000 claimer although he did not accept in that race.,which was also puzzling why he was only at $5000. It will be interesting to see how Art Union goes,as for a horse that has raced in group races in nearly half his last 18 starts,you would think he would be winning and be a bargain. They should interview Mr Dalgety on trackside to tell us why he's  there as it would one of the most discussed aspects of the nights racing. We will have to wait and see.

He has the 5k claiming price as that is the maximum price they could have put on him.

Bit of a downgrade compared to what he used to race but he is obviously unsound or he would be sold overseas.

Cran obviously tried him again and is not going that flash.

You would think he would bolt in when you look at the field and he will probably be.claimed due to the amount.

He is rated 101and he would be racing top class horses so Cran has put in a race that he should win.

Wee Bit surprising as it will stuff any stallion prospects you would think by finishing a race career in amateurs!

3 hours ago, Brodie said:

He has the 5k claiming price as that is the maximum price they could have put on him.

Bit of a downgrade compared to what he used to race but he is obviously unsound or he would be sold overseas.

Cran obviously tried him again and is not going that flash.

You would think he would bolt in when you look at the field and he will probably be.claimed due to the amount.

He is rated 101and he would be racing top class horses so Cran has put in a race that he should win.

Wee Bit surprising as it will stuff any stallion prospects you would think by finishing a race career in amateurs!

Stallion prospects almost nil so that not as issue. If horse unsound and not fit will struggle against this lot regardless of his class?

6 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Opens at FF1.45

Mad or money for jam?

:blink:

Still has run 3.16 and change from the stand this season. So if health still good as at the beginning of season , definitely still competitive..

Cran says

Artieunright-way-450x282.jpg

Art Union, a former competitive age group pacer, looking to bow out from the Cran Dalgety stable with a win in the amateur drivers and claiming race at Addington on Thursday.

Race 1: ART UNION (9, Alan Edge),mob. 1950m: “I’ve caused a bit of a stir putting him in here (amateur drivers and claiming race) but its just been an exercise in frustration finding a race where he’ll be competitive. Its the bottom of the barrel so he should really be winning. Being a six-year-old stallion he’s just eating chaff each week with nowhere to go and has become a liability. We’ve got $5000 (claiming price) on him as that’s the highest allowable for the race. He’ll go on Thursday as there are a few after him.”

Great to see him win. Was a little bit worried on final bend,but he responded like the winner he has been.Came to the races in top condition so well done to connections. Trackside got the low down pre race from connections, it all created a bit of excitement in a race like that.

23 minutes ago, Dockers said:

That has to be a claims record. Good luck to the new owners a good by IMHO

18 official claims. John Hay won the lottery. Horse to stay in NZ in the meantime.

Call me cynical, but people who've been in the games as long as Cran Dalgety and the Wakefields don't give away 50k horses for 5k unless there's a very good reason. And I'm afraid "he’s just eating chaff each week with nowhere to go and has become a liability" doesn't make the slightest bit of sense to me.

If some suitable races were all they needed, I'm sure a flight to Sydney and joining the Butt or Jones teams would have produced a suitable race 2 or 3 times a week.

The horse that was beaten 5 lengths in the Hannon is easily worth 10 times tonights claiming price - if all was even "reasonably well" with him. It will certainly be interesting to say the least, to see how the horse goes over the next few weeks and months.

Maybe he's now a 5k horse, or maybe Christmas came early for John Hay.

35 minutes ago, JackSprat said:

There is a get out option on December 22 at Addington. After that it becomes a lot trickier given his rating.

11  -   MOBILE CLAIMERS ONLY PACE RATING PENALTY FREE.   1950m

*** RESERVE RACE ***   Of $10000 ($5300, $1400, $700, $450, $350, others $200).
For pacers with a claiming price up to and including $7000. Preferential Barrier Draw Based on: Claiming Price using the track grid. Rating Penalty Free Race.
Acceptance fee: Nil

On 07/12/2017 at 8:07 PM, JackSprat said:

Call me cynical, but people who've been in the games as long as Cran Dalgety and the Wakefields don't give away 50k horses for 5k unless there's a very good reason. And I'm afraid "he’s just eating chaff each week with nowhere to go and has become a liability" doesn't make the slightest bit of sense to me.

If some suitable races were all they needed, I'm sure a flight to Sydney and joining the Butt or Jones teams would have produced a suitable race 2 or 3 times a week.

The horse that was beaten 5 lengths in the Hannon is easily worth 10 times tonights claiming price - if all was even "reasonably well" with him. It will certainly be interesting to say the least, to see how the horse goes over the next few weeks and months.

I agree. Will be interesting to see how it goes this weekend for Hay.

Week field, rakapuka ruler the class horse, but has  been poor recently. Wouldn't bet on him this week, obviously not 100% over injury.

Has been recently gelded according to the HRNZ website. Was nominated for a Timaru race a couple of weeks ago but not enough horses to form a race (3 noms). Thinking now gelded he has even less placement opportunities. ( racing and stud ).