RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Cubes

Cubes invites 'Cafers for a drink...4/12/2017...HQ...5:30 onwards

Well the Cubemeister only gets to Auckland about once a year...so when we do we like to visit thoroughbred breeding establishments and racing places like the Viaduct

Mrs Cubes is down south with Shazza in Cromwell watching the horses not win , so the Cubinator is flying solo

But  Cubity won a very generous prize in some losers comp from a well known 'Cafer and lurves to meet other forum dwellers , so what betterness than to plonk the mullah on the bar , buy some plonk on a Monday and solve all the problems of the industry over a cold one

Be there or be Cubed

For those who haven't had the misfortune to meet Cubitory ....look out for the sombero and eye-ptach

The venue was great

The conversation spirited

The host magnanimous

Dodecahedron well behaved

The Chevmeister full of wisdom / Poundforpound witty and enlightening / The Tasmaninator ate Cubes' steak !

Always a delight to meet other 'Cafers and swap tales of victory and woe

Haha...I'll take a bit of stick , don't often get a free feed and drinks in the Viaduct....a world class location.

Of course I ordered steak and like a flash the waiter asked....What about the vegetables ?....Well I looked at Leo for some time and replied...."oh he will have steak as well !

Up since 5am ,young Leo had eyes like reject oysters ,piss holes in the snow but became very animated when I suggested Kevin Morton was a better jockey !

Another record of his ...only unbeaten jockey on Showgate....not quite ,as he forgot Nick Harnett at Timaru[ 1600m] ,the day after 2400m of Dunedin Cup.

Never one to allow the facts to get in the way of a good story ,why does the Viaduct need the America's Cup when it has Leo ?

One record he does hold ,possibly from me was being the oldest school kid in NZ........but there is no truth in story he had 3 years in the fifth form it was actually 5 years in the 3rd form !

As for the host Cubes...what a gentleman , a deserving winner and Chevy 86 also, turns out we all played in the same Rugby club ......young Leo furtively sat there on his booster seat hoping that crumbs of our knowledge would blow his way.....CT would have really capped the evening off nicely.

Be nice to Leo, his doctor has just told him to give up half of his love  life..........what half will he give up ,thinking about it or talking about it.

And its getting worse ,he's searching for his excuse book as his horse is about to clash with Kawi ....this week.

A great night @ Head Quarters ,the quotes in the dunnies worth a visit.

Pencil us all in for Karaka week !

Be there or be square...best night out since I went to Moonee Valley with CT.

Guest 2Admin2
10 minutes ago, Tauhei Notts said:

Would it be at all possible to give us people a little longer warning of such an epic event.  Travel arrangements must be made.

I imagine this time of year the retirement village van is in high demand.

I've just learned of the knees-up too. Big day Monday for me and couldn't have made it but always ready and willing to throw in my two penneth of racing knowledge with like-mindeds, be it ever so humble. Hope the Queen City treated you well Cubes and Co.

was the steak that good......presume you've got a spare garden shed Leo?

TripAdvisor's fake restaurant shows the public are useless critics

Journalist Oobah Butler created a fake restaurant, posting pictures online of 'food' made from bleach and shaving foam 

Source: The Telegraph

JEMIMA LEWIS

7 DECEMBER 2017

Three decades into the internet revolution, one thing is abundantly clear: members of the public are useless critics. Ignorant, self-important and uniquely open to corruption, they have, from an editorial point of view, only one virtue. They are never short of an opinion. The voice of the demos - as expressed through online reviews - has never been more garrulous. And, commercially at least, its judgments matter: a 2015 study found that £23 billion of UK consumer spending is influenced by online reviews. 

And thus it came to pass that, for a brief period last month, the hottest restaurant in London was an empty garden shed.  

Created as a hoax by Vice journalist Oobah Butler, "The Shed at Dulwich" reached number one in the TripAdvisor ratings, despite the fact that it doesn't exist. Butler simply registered the name on TripAdvisor, created a website, uploaded some photographs of posh-looking "food" (much of it fashioned out of shaving foam), and got his friends to write fake reviews. The fact that punters found it impossible to get a booking for this "appointment-only" pop-up just made it seem even more alluring, creating a buzz that helped push it up the rankings.

A stunt of this scale naturally gets headlines. But what caught my eye was Butler's confession that he used to write fake reviews for real restaurants and post them on TripAdvisor for £10 a pop. He claims to be exposing "society's willingness to believe absolute bull----"; yet he seems to feel curiously unembarrassed at having himself told lies for cash.

On 12/10/2017 at 9:03 PM, poundforpound said:

I’m in a unique situation in life, I was once a jockey ( about 30 kgs ago ) and every man and his dog is a jockey critic.........then I became a foodie / restaurateur and guess what, every man and his dog is a food critic.

I don’t take them too seriously, either type, you normally find those who make the most noise know the least.

Certainly true of any senior NZRB staffer......:lol: