RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
We're Doomed

Bizarre Race 3 at Ellerslie

Just when you thought you had seen it all something new comes along. My initial thought is fancy a horse being scratched because an incompetent jockey thought it might be a false start. Talk about setting a precedent. In other sports players are taught to play to the whistle and not anticipate the ref.

29 minutes ago, hesi said:

Agree

Pearlescence scratching totally justified, but Innes should be fined for pulling his horse out of the race.

I suppose you can't blame him though, as it once again illustrates the lack of standard procedures across the country for the control of the start of a race.................... and we are still waiting on an outcome to the mishap at Riccarton 2 weeks ago, when an attendant was lucky to escape without serious injury

I'm waiting for the stipes report to see how long the jockey has been put out for.

What is to stop a jockey pulling up a horse up one day and saying to the stipes "as soon as we jumped I knew he wasn't handling the track so I thought I would pull him out of the race so we could late scratch him and save the punters their money".

I think you are being a bit harsh there Guys.It happened right in front of the Grandstand.Innes said he definitely heard the words "false start" from

George and then the Clerk comes charging over to the field which they normally do at a false start.I give him the benifit of the doubt

16 minutes ago, Brown Fox said:

I think you are being a bit harsh there Guys.It happened right in front of the Grandstand.Innes said he definitely heard the words "false start" from

George and then the Clerk comes charging over to the field which they normally do at a false start.I give him the benifit of the doubt

Perhaps then question the role of the commentator creating that confusion. There was nothing to indicate a false start. A horse jumped and lost its rider, it happens. Very seldom is it a false start.

It almost looked as though Innes was going to try to grab the riderless horse,regardless of the chain of events the fault was with Innes and the horse should of been declared a runner surely nO

Watching it on course ,I was not surprised that Magic Chai a late scratching as George clearly said 'I think we my have a false start here' and the clerk of course charged toward the horses.

As a result , Leith took hold for a few strides ,losing valuable ground and by that time he was seriously enough detached from field to create doubt.

Of more surprise was the other scratching unless the barrier attendants contributed to the bridle problem.

A few years ago at the same start my horse dipped as gates opened and jockey came off [Boots Sweeney].......tough !

If your horse jumps a few strides and the saddle slips ,shold the horse be scratched ?

Edited by tasman man 11
Typo

16 minutes ago, tasman man 11 said:

Watching it on course ,I was not surprised that Magic Chai a late scratching as George clearly said 'I think we my have a false start here' and the clerk of course charged toward the horses.

As a result , Leith took hold for a few strides ,losing valuable ground and by that time he was seriously enough detached from field to create doubt.

Of more surprise was the other scratching unless the barrier attendants contributed to the bridle problem.

A few years ago at the same start my horse dipped as gates opened and jockey came off [Boots Sweeney].......tough !

If your horse jumps a few strides and the saddle slips ,shold the horse be scratched ?

Attendants were holding her apparently TM, presumably causing the bridle to become detached when she jumped. Danielle would have had no option but to bail out after that.

As a Grandstand jockey/critic who has paid his dues 50 fold I'm entitled to an opinion, akin to  a taxpayer getting the vote, it's an opinion don't agree sobeit. The fact of the matter is George made a mistake assuming it was false,the clerk got involved with potential to impede ( fine line this one) and Innes made the best of milking a slow start making a beeline for the trouble,add to that the attendant and it was a real ballsup,main thing is no body got hurt bar the poor pricks that anchored Magic chai in the turbo quaddie and ended up going down the shithouse

Comparing Apples to turnips poundy. Everyone can see what happened and it's only interpretation is it not ? The one thing going for Grandstand critics is they are neutral as opposed to industry participants who have to rub shoulders with said parties. Take it or leave it , im  not knocking your opinion of  Kawi that's your crusade.

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

I’m only telling the truth about Kawi, and he keeps proving me correct.

You're talking rubbish based on ignorance.... but that’s your thing so good luck

Your entitled to your opinion and normally I'm in agreeance, this chain of events happened very quickly so it's certainly a lot easier to break it down after the fact no matter who's camp your in .I hope Cubity is of the same opinion:o I hear he's pretty handy with a sombrero