RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Peter Jenkins

12 Days of Christmas Day 4 - Sat Dec 2nd - Ellerslie

Brilliant day here at Ellerslie, and I'm ready for a great day's racing in the best city in the world. Good, even fields with some quality gallopers in attendance.

Was primed ready to defend the Shield for the fourth time expecting to be up against the formidable Steve P, in my estimation one of the top 3 Selectors in PJ Comps this year, so somewhat of a sense of relief that he won't be the challenger on this occasion. Betty still represents a difficult challenge, so I'm going to have to be right on my game.

I'm going with these today :-

• R1
  • 1 - Lewis Caroll                   Form around Fully Funded looking good after Fully Funded's recent win carrying 60 kgs. Should be awfully hard to roll. 58.5kgs not prohibitive
  • 2 - Selfie                               An excellent exponent of the art of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory this fella. Gullible fool that I am I'll give him another crack.   
  • R2
  • 5 - Midnight Runner            When there's a P&D Williams runner at Ellerslie you sit up and take notice. I'm sitting up and taking notice.
  • 6 - Morrie Ock                      Bold front-running debut victory on a course today that suits front-runners. Hoping Lethal Innes can bounce back to form.
  • R3
  • 1 - Clarify                              Very sound form around better horses than these. Plenty of weight and all can get up over the top of them.
  • 7 - Four Degrees                  Graham Richardson/J Parkes combo looks good to me. This horse is on the improve, and expected to go close.
  • R4
  • 1 - Stephen Bond                 Another toppy with a wide draw, but that doesn't put this boy off. Looking for him to be at them late and may be too strong.
  • 7 - Kachhi                              Looks the best of the Donna Logan runners on the card today, and expecting the hooves to go in the till. Surely.
  • R5    BEST BET
  • 1 - Demonetization               The boom horse on the card today. Plenty of money says will win and win well.
  • 8 - Kapoor                              Plenty of merit around recent runs, and should be the one to run the favourite closest. Very nice type.
  • R6
  • 2 - Romancer                          Another likely Donna Logan sort that has always looked the goods. Drawn nicely, du Plessis aboard. What could possibly go wrong ? 
  • 7 - Secret Stash                      We'll see how good this Patrick Moloney is.  Gets this one up from '12' and I'll be saying he's a genius.  :)
  • R7    BEST BET
  • 2 - Hiflyer                                I'm sure there'll be some hair-raising moments in the straight for the back-running favourite, but J Parkes will work his magic.
  • 5 - Ronchi                                Always gives a good account, is tough, and will take a lot of running down. Can upset at odds.
  • R8
  • 5 - Savapak                             Not a lot of depth to the field, is on the improve, and looks poised  ready to strike for the catch-rider.
  • 16 - Tourmaline                      Looking to Graham Richardson to round off the day nicely with the light-weight prospect. Moloney back to Aussie with a smile on his dial.

Good luck, Betty. 

Thanks, PJ.

Enjoy a great day's racing everyone. 

12 minutes ago, Right first time said:

Brilliant day here at Ellerslie, and I'm ready for a great day's racing in the best city in the world. Good, even fields with some quality gallopers in attendance.

Was primed ready to defend the Shield for the fourth time expecting to be up against the formidable Steve P, in my estimation one of the top 3 Selectors in PJ Comps this year, so somewhat of a sense of relief that he won't be the challenger on this occasion. Betty still represents a difficult challenge, so I'm going to have to be right on my game.

I'm going with these today :-

• R1
  • 1 - Lewis Caroll                   Form around Fully Funded looking good after Fully Funded's recent win carrying 60 kgs. Should be awfully hard to roll. 58.5kgs not prohibitive
  • 2 - Selfie                               An excellent exponent of the art of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory this fella. Gullible fool that I am I'll give him another crack.   
  • R2
  • 5 - Midnight Runner            When there's a P&D Williams runner at Ellerslie you sit up and take notice. I'm sitting up and taking notice.
  • 6 - Morrie Ock                      Bold front-running debut victory on a course today that suits front-runners. Hoping Lethal Innes can bounce back to form.
  • R3
  • 1 - Clarify                              Very sound form around better horses than these. Plenty of weight and all can get up over the top of them.
  • 7 - Four Degrees                  Graham Richardson/J Parkes combo looks good to me. This horse is on the improve, and expected to go close.
  • R4
  • 1 - Stephen Bond                 Another toppy with a wide draw, but that doesn't put this boy off. Looking for him to be at them late and may be too strong.
  • 7 - Kachhi                              Looks the best of the Donna Logan runners on the card today, and expecting the hooves to go in the till. Surely.
  • R5    BEST BET
  • 1 - Demonetization               The boom horse on the card today. Plenty of money says will win and win well.
  • 8 - Kapoor                              Plenty of merit around recent runs, and should be the one to run the favourite closest. Very nice type.
  • R6
  • 2 - Romancer                          Another likely Donna Logan sort that has always looked the goods. Drawn nicely, du Plessis aboard. What could possibly go wrong ? 
  • 7 - Secret Stash                      We'll see how good this Patrick Moloney is.  Gets this one up from '12' and I'll be saying he's a genius.  :)
  • R7    BEST BET
  • 2 - Hiflyer                                I'm sure there'll be some hair-raising moments in the straight for the back-running favourite, but J Parkes will work his magic.
  • 5 - Ronchi                                Always gives a good account, is tough, and will take a lot of running down. Can upset at odds.
  • R8
  • 5 - Savapak                             Not a lot of depth to the field, is on the improve, and looks poised  ready to strike for the catch-rider.
  • 16 - Tourmaline                      Looking to Graham Richardson to round off the day nicely with the light-weight prospect. Moloney back to Aussie with a smile on his dial.

Good luck, Betty. 

Thanks, PJ.

Enjoy a great day's racing everyone. 

Cameron Lammas on Tourmaline...

Good Day All

RACE  1        4 - 6

RACE  2        6 - 9

RACE  3        5 - 7

RACE  4        7 - 11

RACE  5        4 - 8

RACE  6        4 - 17 BB

RACE  7        2 - 4