RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Help needed with trying to find my fathers racing colours. I have tried to google to see if its possible to find out what the design was and know it is out there somewhere with no luck! So if anyone can help me I would be greatly appreciated. My father was Kesteven (Kesty) Saxton and he raced a steelpechaser Lucanus trained by David Clow. I know the colours were brown and olive green I think ... just uncertain of the pattern. And I did find them once on line ... but have no idea now how I managed to do that.... so if anyone can help I would be greatly appreciative , thanks

2 hours ago, Chook said:

Hi Shad ... on the phone to them with little luck!

What era were the colors racing, strange that they can't help, cause my friend said the old colors they wanted were still available and could be re registered and used again, if wanted.You would think if they don't know, who would. Good luck.

1 hour ago, Chris Wood said:

Have you spoken to Dave Clow?

Yes ... I rang him as well ... and Evelyn has sent a photo ... which helps a little ... sleeves are brown or chocolate with a hoop, and the body olive or dark green ... but I thought there was something on the front & back ... like circles ... I can only find spots in the design mock ups. The photo was taken in 1977 with Dennis Grey as jockey. 

3 hours ago, Shad said:

What era were the colors racing, strange that they can't help, cause my friend said the old colors they wanted were still available and could be re registered and used again, if wanted.You would think if they don't know, who would. Good luck.

1977 :-)

Interested to know if anyone has my grandfather's racing colours pre 1940.? According to his obituary they were cherry and white hoops { my father always said stripes) emerald green cap and sleeves. I know someone Sutton may have had them after this but in all my years of watching racing have never seen them. 

What is your Grandfather's name and perhaps a horse or two he raced?  Do you know who trained his horses and in what region?  Back then they would have been owner's colours only.  I think trainer's colours came in around the 1980's.