RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Iraklis

Bugga!

I was at GP last night and Laz won impressively under a hold. He was 2 and 3 seconds faster then the other two heats. I thought thats a very good effort and he is right on target. 

Today I read he broke the track record held by the great Im the Mighty Quinn set at the 2013 IDs. WOW! This puts the performance into even greater context. No horse has been able to foot it with Quinny around GP and Laz just took his record under a hold. This horse is just an outstanding staying animal. Not only does he just win he creates track records where ever he goes on any track. 

As Purdon said  " He really won with a bit in hand and he really won well "   AND   "The key is getting through the heats and you couldn’t be happier with the way he has and the way he performed tonight.”  

Purdon has mapped Laz"s campaign to a tee and all he needs in the final is no interference. The draws will not matter. 

GO LAZ

39 minutes ago, harewood said:

Purdon has mapped Laz"s campaign to a tee and all he needs in the final is no interference. The draws will not matter. 

GO LAZ

Yep, that's the way I see it too.  May not happen of course, but if it does --- how many trainers have won successive Interdoms with *different* horses?  I can't think of a NZ trainer in my lifetime, but maybe there's an Aussie who's done so?

12 minutes ago, Basil said:

how many trainers have won successive Interdoms with *different* horses? 

An  interesting stat.

Can only fine one Bob Knight father of well known driver Vin Knight. 1988 with Our Maestro and 1989 with Jodies Babe. Our Mestro came second that year. 

12 hours ago, harewood said:

I was at GP last night and Laz won impressively under a hold. He was 2 and 3 seconds faster then the other two heats. I thought thats a very good effort and he is right on target. 

Today I read he broke the track record held by the great Im the Mighty Quinn set at the 2013 IDs. WOW! This puts the performance into even greater context. No horse has been able to foot it with Quinny around GP and Laz just took his record under a hold. This horse is just an outstanding staying animal. Not only does he just win he creates track records where ever he goes on any track. 

As Purdon said  " He really won with a bit in hand and he really won well "   AND   "The key is getting through the heats and you couldn’t be happier with the way he has and the way he performed tonight.”  

GO LAZ

Not according to "our resident know it all" Harewood who suggests

" I will give you the result of the final when the draw comes out "

12 hours ago, harewood said:

An  interesting stat.

Can only fine one Bob Knight father of well known driver Vin Knight. 1988 with Our Maestro and 1989 with Jodies Babe. Our Mestro came second that year. 

Thanks!

On the trotters, I could immediately think of a couple --- Tim Butt (Lyell and Take a Moment) and Mark Purdon (Pride of Petite and Buster Hanover) --- but the pacing side had me stumped.

2 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

I thought you were the resident expert/busy body "sunshine"

Nah , leave that up to you and your mate. I only quoted what you said on this issue or are you in denial? It does make you sound kind of arrogant though IMHO. You have had a few chips about Laz and MP and others have picked you up on it . Im sure whatever the outcome you will  be right somehow though.:D:D

18 hours ago, harewood said:

An  interesting stat.

That's the only one I can find or remember. J Binkskin drove Our Maestro in 1988 and J Babe driven by someone with the last name of Stewart in 1989. Successive years acheived with different pacers and trotters but not pacers .A bit of a rarity, but then to have two different horses good enough to win an Inter is probably something most trainers only dream of.

Wish I was there Paul, seems to be more excitment  surrounding this carnival than last year's.

5 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

A bit of a rarity, but then to have two different horses good enough to win an Inter i

Hopefully history it will be repeated again this year. Draws are out today.

Yes Rees there is definitely more "talk" about the IDs this year. I think the standard is stronger with several of the WA horses now grown up and definite Group 1 contenders now. Plus with Lazarus over has pumped up the locals. 

FTMuch, mate do we ever! I mean, I mean, I'll probably be a blithering wreck by the time it all rolls round Fri :D but hey I got a sneaky feeling bout The Faith, he came home with plenty in the tank too last Fri even after working round em (shit that Chris Lewis drove him like more than a good horse, not too bad for an aussie), just really like what I saw and Marks comments afterwards.....could we dare to think 1 n 2 in the final? could The Faith be so audacious as to come out and pull off a run em all down last stride win......I can't wait!

GO THE MIGHTY KIWIS FOR THE FINALS YUSSSSSS!!!!!!

Cheers Iraklis

48 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Give me a chance queen Mary.....I have to work for a living, have to look at it when I get home....not on the gravy train like a big shot like you are... ...Lazarus not paying $1.4 so no decent odds for you yet ftm!

Im on at 2.31 for an intererst so dont know what your on about re 1.40

Heres the fixed odds market in Ozzie for those that are interested

Runner
TAB Prop No
Win
Place

TIGER TARA

LAZARUS

VULTAN TIN

SOHO TRIBECA

GALACTIC STAR

LENNYTHESHARK

SAN CARLO

SHANDALE

HAVE FAITH IN ME

CHICAGO BULL

1 hour ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Here you go sausage boy,

Chicago bull

Lazarus

Soho Tribeca

At least it will be on from the start, no cheap quarters and the predictable 55sec final quarter we have been seeing in n.z

Flag, you must be taking the piss with the Bull winning from there. He is a good stayer but not that good. I can see him in the first 4 , but winning. Not a chance in my book. And dont right off Lenny the Shark for this final. Still Lazarus for me.

1rst. Lazarus

2nd Lenny the Shark

3rd. Tiger Tara

Tiger Tara leads, Chicago Bull trails him. Soho Tribeca crosses Lazarus, the Lennytheshark crosses him to hold the death. Lazarus 3 back in the running line, and then leads the 3 wide charge for the last lap and a half. Lenny wobbles off on the turn, Chicago Bull flies through and beats Tiger Tara, with Lazarus a gallant third, ahead of Soha Tribeca and Lenny in a dead heat for 4th. Daylight to the rest.

2 hours ago, JackSprat said:

Tiger Tara leads, Chicago Bull trails him. Soho Tribeca crosses Lazarus, the Lennytheshark crosses him to hold the death. Lazarus 3 back in the running line, and then leads the 3 wide charge for the last lap and a half. Lenny wobbles off on the turn, Chicago Bull flies through and beats Tiger Tara, with Lazarus a gallant third, ahead of Soha Tribeca and Lenny in a dead heat for 4th. Daylight to the rest.

Yeah who knows. One of the most intriguing finals for years. Can't wait.

A fair bit of "gamesmanship" going on via the media. I doubt that any of the big players will be looking to drain too much from the tank early on in what will be a pretty torrid last two laps. I don't see Tiger Tara actually having too much trouble holding the early lead. A kamikaze mission from anyone in the first half lap will end their race, and they all know the money is divided up at the winning post 3 laps later, not on the first corner.