RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
dkc

Video on excessive use

Just watched the video on HRNZ website. Quite interesting that the last shot was of Dexter Dunn on Bonnie Joan and if what they have said are the rules then Dexter should have been charged. Your thoughts? 

40 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

One observation, 2 mediocre replies:o

To be fair though, you aren’t a heavy punter on harness are you!!!

Punters want a run for their money, small punters may not care!

11 hours ago, Brodie said:

As per normal Mr Troll you are  again trying to derail the point of the thread with unsubstantiated observations. You don't know who i am or how much i invest/punt.

1 hour ago, Fartoomuch said:

As per normal Mr Troll you are  again trying to derail the point of the thread with unsubstantiated observations. You don't know who i am or how much i invest/punt.

You have told us you don’t punt much on harness, so don’t see how it is unsubstantiated??? 

There was nothing at all mediocre about those replies.

They were from punters that wish to have a run for their money, which they are entitled to, if they are offloading!

23 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

He is far too "important" for the likes of us Brodie, it appears he is the only person allowed to have an opinion and because he is so "important" he is always right.

Troll 2 arrives in support of Troll 1 = again

Once again you attack me FU. I'm sorry if you take offence to my posts which receive favorable reactions from most of the contributors but you can always stop reading them.

22 hours ago, Brodie said:

You have told us you don’t punt much on harness, so don’t see how it is unsubstantiated??? 

There was nothing at all mediocre about those replies.

They were from punters that wish to have a run for their money, which they are entitled to, if they are offloading!

Post where i said i did not punt much on harness. Got plenty on Laz in the cup but then again i know how to get it on unlike you

My opinion but saying you had to continually hit a horse to get a result is mediocre at best given today's whip rules which we all know you disagree with

Also mediocre to suggest the RIU only punish junior or part time drivers, suggests favoritism/corruption

You are all getting away from the issue and turning it in to personal attacks on one another.

The issue was under their own explanation on the whip rula was Dexter's action breaking the rules?

On 11/25/2017 at 1:52 AM, dkc said:

Just an observation. They make the rules so anyone who breaks them should be charged!

Consistency is the name of the game. 

Ive just had another look at this drive and actually cant see where he has gone over the 10 strikes. Probably why DD not charged

9 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

Troll 2 arrives in support of Troll 1 = again

Once again you attack me FU. I'm sorry if you take offence to my posts which receive favorable reactions from most of the contributors but you can always stop reading them.

Not sure where you get the favourable reaction thing from when you are talking rubbish?

9 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

Post where i said i did not punt much on harness. Got plenty on Laz in the cup but then again i know how to get it on unlike you

My opinion but saying you had to continually hit a horse to get a result is mediocre at best given today's whip rules which we all know you disagree with

Also mediocre to suggest the RIU only punish junior or part time drivers, suggests favoritism/corruption

You did say that you didn’t punt much on harness!!

You got plenty on Lazarus!

Did it take you very long to sort him out????

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

You did say that you didn’t punt much on harness!!

You got plenty on Lazarus!

Did it take you very long to sort him out????

More nonsense from you Wayne. You say things on here but don't back them up when challenged. Is that how you work with your Prop developments. Please show where i said  i didnt back punt much on harness as you say. You wont cos you cant. Put up or shut up loser

Look im really sorry that i made a quid off Laz at 1.47, but hey if you know what your doing sometimes you get on  and win

O Bosson AL HASA Excessive use of whip [Rule 638(3)(b)(ii)] Suspended 3-12/1 incl, 7 days

J Parkes COLDPLAY Excessive use of whip [Rule 638(3)(b)(ii)] Suspended 7-19/1 incl, 9 days and in addition fined as below Protests: Nil Fines:

C Johnson JOVANNI $300 [Rule 638(3)(b)(ii)] Excessive use of whip

L Innes MAGIC CHAI $500 [Rule 638(3)(b)(ii)] Excessive use of whip

J Parkes COLDPLAY $750 [Rule 638(3)(b)(ii)] Excessive use of whip

Don't see any complaints in the galloping forum - awww what would they know - go and tell them how it should be done Bbashrodi

On 11/26/2017 at 8:54 AM, dkc said:

You are all getting away from the issue and turning it in to personal attacks on one another.

The issue was under their own explanation on the whip rula was Dexter's action breaking the rules?

Which is what happens on here, always someone whats to attack THE PERSON making the post instead of discussing the post. Trolls you say I got another word lol

Have been told that now their not going to count the little flicks that you occasionally see drivers do with just mainly a flick of the wrist , but if the arm is moving in a downwards strike motion then it's deemed to be a strike an will be counted. So effectively someone like m purdon  who does the love taps thing could now possible tap a horse say 30odd times  with gaps of course so not continuously and not be called excessive.

On 11/24/2017 at 7:39 PM, Brodie said:

The sort of mentality that equates whipping with giving punters "a run for their money" is certainly an interesting one.

My favourite harness horse of all time.

His regular driver Bruce Clarke was a sadistic prick who had the most extravagant whip action I have ever seen on a driver. He made the comment that Gammie always gave his very best in every race he was in, he never lay down, never stopped trying. A big reason for that was because Clarke was belting the shit out of him often well before the straight.

One of his best races in my opinion was the Lord Module Alan Matson Free For All in 1981 where Gammie served it up to the leader Armalight over a lap from home eventually running clear of her and the rest of a high class field but then couldn't withstand the finishing burst of Lord Module who finally got his act together after been a naughty boy in his previous few starts. Lord Module deservedly got all the kudos from that race but what a run by Gammie for second. Clarke had hit him 6 times with a lap still to run and then at least 20 times in the final 200 metres.

4 hours ago, Basil said:

The sort of mentality that equates whipping with giving punters "a run for their money" is certainly an interesting one.

Basil, why is it an interesting one?

The larger wagering punters will give it away if they don’t get a fair run for their money!