RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Alan B

Can Lazarus do it?

On 12/1/2017 at 2:05 AM, Iraklis said:

Hey Alan mate thought you said in your other post 'barrier draws for our horses in aus were a fallacy to you'......say what?

Cheers Iraklis

Barrier draws are obviously  important Iraklis I have no doubt things like visitors draws would have happened years ago, but not now. If it is occurring now then what you are asserting is that all Aus trotting administrators are corrupt. Which I consider is a ridiculous belief.

AlanB mate, consistent bad draws are not a ridiculous belief at all, and particularly not so in this day and age...... read a few of the other posts and you see what I and others are on about :rolleyes: its summit that everyone expects (hence the visitors draw, tongue firmly in other side of cheek) be it in aus or US or where ever, and don't even get me started on aus trotting and corruption (your words not mine).....just as you are asserting that all aus administrators aren't corrupt, so likewise each to their own belief, yeh!

Cheers Iraklis

35 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Piccadilly princess drew 2 last night.......ultimate machete drew 1 last week....did the corrupt officials get it wrong? 

There is no way they would ever fiddle the draw.

Of course they wouldn't fiddle the draws. With all the scrutiny these days it is extremely unlikely this could happen. Owners know after bad draws good ones come along.

I know this season as an owner after getting a number of barrier 1 and barrier 2 draws we won a nice race, then for a while we were getting outside draws. 

It's called the "luck" of the draw!

2 hours ago, Iraklis said:

AlanB mate, consistent bad draws are not a ridiculous belief at all, and particularly not so in this day and age...... read a few of the other posts and you see what I and others are on about :rolleyes: its summit that everyone expects (hence the visitors draw, tongue firmly in other side of cheek) be it in aus or US or where ever, and don't even get me started on aus trotting and corruption (your words not mine).....just as you are asserting that all aus administrators aren't corrupt, so likewise each to their own belief, yeh!

Cheers Iraklis

Iraklis everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that's a good thing. With Lazarus the most important draw for him in this series is what he draws in the final. i.e. he was always going to qualify for the final, bad luck aside. 

Alan B, Flag U, clearly neither of you read to well! at no stage have I ever said anyone fiddled draws( your words), or officials are corrupt (your words), any of it! I have made reference to visitor draws and bad draws and at times how consistent those bad draws appear to be, it is something eveyone refers to in racing at one time or another and it just seems, when we have really good horses in the big ones over there or wherever 'the visitors draw' is whats expected, and at times its bloody obvious! now as to the other two horses you are referring to how big were those races (nice to see you picked 2), I believe that another poster referred to this very same thing 'we never get the good draws in the big ones over there' now, I didn't come up with this 'concept' it was carefully explained to me by older horsemen when I asked what it was many years ago, that this is what 'visitors draws' means, then when you start lookin at the draws etc over the years you start to see it.....I guess if there was nothing in it however, the term would have died out long long long time ago   :)

Now this was a post 'Can Lazzie do it' ......yes he can! ahhh (sorry guys I have to say it) provided The Faith don't come out and do a copycat rendition of his LennyTheShark battle, watch yuh back Lazzie, The Faith is warmin up!  :D  oh gawd now I got the nerves again, NUTS!

Cheers Iraklis

Are all you barrier draw conspiracy theory subscribers also members of the Flat Earth Society as well?

The barrier draw is going to be very interesting, not so much for where each runner draws, but where the 5 main chances draw relative to each other. The field is full of horses that can be driven aggressively, and drivers who are prepared to drive them that way.

The best outcome would see the main chances all draw badly to ensure a spectacular contest, then let the battle begin!

39 minutes ago, JackSprat said:

Are all you barrier draw conspiracy theory subscribers also members of the Flat Earth Society as well?

The barrier draw is going to be very interesting, not so much for where each runner draws, but where the 5 main chances draw relative to each other. The field is full of horses that can be driven aggressively, and drivers who are prepared to drive them that way.

The best outcome would see the main chances all draw badly to ensure a spectacular contest, then let the battle begin!

I like your first sentence Jack Spratt very humorous and about sums up the visitor draw theorists.

I thought Purdon gave his horse light runs in the first 2 heats and put the handle bars down in the 3rd heat.

Lazarus will be spot on for the final. I think only bad luck in running will beat him.

27 minutes ago, 2Piper said:

Perfect draw for Lazarus at 2 for the final

Interesting. He is not a noted speedster from the gate. Purdon is more likely to let the speed horses sort them selves out early on then take him around to the front. My only worry from that draw is that he could find himself locked up on the rail, and having to go back to get a run around wide. I would have preferred 4 or 5. That way he could keep him off the rails. He is good enough to win either way and hope he serves it up to them.

On 12/1/2017 at 2:05 AM, Iraklis said:

Hey Alan mate thought you said in your other post 'barrier draws for our horses in aus were a fallacy to you'......say what?

Cheers Iraklis

So Lazarus draws number 2 in the final, the most important draw of the series.  Iraklis where do you sit now with your visitor draw theory?

watching on facebook live it is very random - first an envelope draws the horse - then each owner or trainer came up and chose a cup with the barrier number under it - so very random - and lucky Trevor - second last envelope and barriers 2 and 10 left - he chose the right cup and it had 2

Lazarus gets his chance to prove a few knockers on here that he is the champion his trainer/drivers thinks he is. Does he have to win the final to confirm that status, I dont think so. Just look at his record Holds NZ 3200 record at 3.531 and under no pressure and another cool drive wins this years cup in 3.55.Travels all the way to Perth for 3 tough events and now the final. He is already a great horse who runs time that others cant match so fingers crossed he gets a safe trip on Friday and flies the flag high for our wonderful country

Fartoomuch, mate its gunna be a ripper, but you know there is another Kiwi in there who could spoil the party, is capable of spoilin it and is comin right just in time :D I wish both of em a safe trip in the runnin I cant wait......

Cheers Iraklis

2 hours ago, enteebee said:

watching on facebook live it is very random - first an envelope draws the horse - then each owner or trainer came up and chose a cup with the barrier number under it - so very random - and lucky Trevor - second last envelope and barriers 2 and 10 left - he chose the right cup and it had 2

Hey enteebee :)  Yes it's very similar to how they do the draws for the Melbourne Cup.. it's a big thing these days when transparency is important given the money involved.   Good on him, now may the best horse win :)