RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
barryb

TAB Beta Racing Website

The new Beta section of the website looks promising, layout is good and the live streaming being moveable is a good option.

The content on the website has been needed for a while as well, but so far so good, gets a positive tick.

Agree mate that  is definitely an improvement on the site. That combined with the option of the two printed publications,trackside and race replays on the NZTR site is more than enough information. 

Form navigation needs to improve or go back to how it was. Apart from that yes it looks better.

How are you supposed to take them seriously when they sprout out stuff like this:

10 DISPOSITION

acc10.png

Barrier: 10 Weight: 53 Trainer: Adam Durrant (Karnup) Jockey: Shaun McGruddy

Odds: $61 & $14

Former WA Oaks winner who has gone off the rails of late. Her only win since October 2015 was at Kalgoorlie. Looks well outclassed.

Couple of nice things about the video on the Beta page:

1) It's no longer using Flash which should play much nicer with Chrome
2) The video gets buffered so you can roll it back if you want to rewatch the race. No need to wait for the replay!

At the moment it seems to continue pulling the video data even if you've closed the video window, so be wary if you're on a metered connection.

Can someone explain the business logic behind excluding browser access for people outside NZ please.

So when I’m in Australia they don’t want me to use their website to

• have a bet with them
  • listen to radio tab
  • look up results
  • etc

even though I have an account with money in it.

To clarify, this is not the new site, but www.tab.co.nz

47 minutes ago, Peter R S said:

Can someone explain the business logic behind excluding browser access for people outside NZ please.

• have a bet with them
  • listen to radio tab
  • look up results
  • etc

They don't have a clue about their customers - pathetic but true - go to Betfair or any other Oz agency - flag our lot - they are useless

12 hours ago, Peter R S said:

• have a bet with them
  • listen to radio tab
  • look up results
  • etc

Australia blocks betting agencies from other countries. It is the same in France. It isn't the TAB that chooses to ban access in those countries.

15 hours ago, Peter R S said:

• have a bet with them
  • listen to radio tab
  • look up results
  • etc

Unfortunately this is Australia blocking access, not the NZ TAB's fault this time

14 hours ago, Peter R S said:

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Aus passed legislation to block all betting sites outside Aus. Their main aim was to  stop overseas sports betting. Unfortunately it wasnt thought thru properly and NZ has got caught up in this. NZ was not their target  or intention but it is now legislation and cannot be changed without further time consuming policy and going thru parliament again. The NZtabs only option is to open a betting agency with a licence in say the Norther Territory same as Betfair and other overseas corporates have done.  This is very costly and probbly not an option for them. So in the meantime those of us with NZ accounts in Aus have to bite the bullet or use a VPN as discussed  on another post. 

5 hours ago, harewood said:

Aus passed legislation to block all betting sites outside Aus. Their main aim was to  stop overseas sports betting. Unfortunately it wasnt thought thru properly and NZ has got caught up in this. NZ was not their target  or intention but it is now legislation and cannot be changed without further time consuming policy and going thru parliament again. The NZtabs only option is to open a betting agency with a licence in say the Norther Territory same as Betfair and other overseas corporates have done.  This is very costly and probbly not an option for them. So in the meantime those of us with NZ accounts in Aus have to bite the bullet or use a VPN as discussed  on another post. 

The only problem with that is that the agreement with Tabcorp precludes NZ from setting up a betting site in Australia . The only sensible solution is that NZ race clubs break free from the NZRB and open up their own betting in Aussie. That way they get around the law and the problem