RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Cubes

NCEA Maths Level 1

A Cube is a geometric shape or somesuch and children (potential punters) should be taught in their schoolingness to count .

So here are 2 cubed ( for Chelseacol and Foaming that means 4 ) questions for this years cherubs at High School in the ol' fifth form :

1. True or False.....3 cubed is 33 which was the number of thoroughbred races over cup week 

2 . True or False....none of Cubes' donkeys paid a dividend and even then 'Cafers got stuck in about how weak the fields were

3 . If Mrs Cubes buys 3 fascinators but wears only one and her and Shazza seem to get through 2 bottles of Lindauer betwen them then how many metres from Riccarton Park do they have to hobble on impractical heels for Uber to pick them up ?

4 . Even though Cubity thought the sure thing on the Wednesday was Savvy Coup (and it duly won paying about $1.90) the Cubemeister had about 50 bets across the card and ended up down on the day .Explain in 200 words or less why the Cubinator , who has been punting since the Muldoon era , never learns ?

You summarise the week rather nicely Cubes.

Foaming & I were obviously giving the impression when we saw you that we were incapable of performing any mathematics. I suspect this is due to the following calculation

If a man drank 2 beers an hour, for each hour on course over 5 race meetings in 8 days, while spending a small fortune on tote investments, after studying the fields for hours each morning, and then  drank bottles of red wine each evening over dinner, followed by a nightcap - would said man appear capable of performing a more complex math equation than the number of combinations in a first 4 bet with 3 to win, 8 for second and third and the field for 4th (while standing at the tote window balancing a glass and turf digest)?

9 hours ago, chelseacol said:

You summarise the week rather nicely Cubes.

Foaming & I were obviously giving the impression when we saw you that we were incapable of performing any mathematics. I suspect this is due to the following calculation

If a man drank 2 beers an hour, for each hour on course over 5 race meetings in 8 days, while spending a small fortune on tote investments, after studying the fields for hours each morning, and then  drank bottles of red wine each evening over dinner, followed by a nightcap - would said man appear capable of performing a more complex math equation than the number of combinations in a first 4 bet with 3 to win, 8 for second and third and the field for 4th (while standing at the tote window balancing a glass and turf digest)?

Crickey boys all this maths, i hope it it all added up on the right side of the ledger, certainly didn't for me, they were harder to pick than a broken nose, got a glimpse of cubes scurrying along the path up by the members, by the time i got out the door to say hello, he was gone, figured he was off to collect or heading to the 1200m chute, hope you boys had a great week on the punt, those races were certainly hard to win, the times were very quick, always next year. Thats the upside.

13 hours ago, Shad said:

Crickey boys all this maths, i hope it it all added up on the right side of the ledger, certainly didn't for me, they were harder to pick than a broken nose, got a glimpse of cubes scurrying along the path up by the members, by the time i got out the door to say hello, he was gone, figured he was off to collect or heading to the 1200m chute, hope you boys had a great week on the punt, those races were certainly hard to win, the times were very quick, always next year. Thats the upside.

It was a tough week on the punt Shad. Tough week to win a race as owner too as you say - although was thrilled to run 4th in Valachi with our mare way out of grade. 

So financially not a winner - but best week of the year by a country mile

Good effort to finish 4th in the mile, we all know the ups n down of this racing business, on the punting side of things, you will be well practised for next year, only winner i could have backed was why me, being by duelled, as we have a filly foal by him, but alas i got caught up in the socializing, and didn't look hard enough.