RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Peter Jenkins

12 Days of Christmas Round 1 - Sat Nov 25 - Pukekohe

The 12 Days of Christmas Rules.

Virtually the same rules as Super Comps

THE RULES

1. Players. Anyone is welcome to play. It is an individual comp so if you miss a round or join late then no problem, just carry on.

2. Selections. Competitors are required to select two runners per race. No subs are to be posted. All selections should be posted at the same time although I may make allowances if this is not possible due to late arrival for posting. 

3. Scratching Rule. You may post replacements for any scratching by posting in a new post up until 10.30am on raceday. After that time any selection which is scratched will be replaced by the TAB sub followed by the 2nd favourite by TAB win odds in that order. If more than one horse meets the latter criteria then the replacement will be the horse with the higher number. 

4. Investments. Each selection will be regarded as an imaginary $10 win bet  while a $2 quinella combining the two selections will also be credited to the competitor. So that's a $22 investment per race per competitor. 

5. Best Bet. Each selector may choose two races on the day as a "best bet" selection. All $$$ earned from these races will be doubled. In the event of scratchings the same best bet (BB) will apply. There will be no transference to a subsequent race. If your best bet race is abandoned - bad luck !@

7. Scoring. Their will be two separate competitions derived from the same set of bets and results.

a ) Dollars Championship - This is simply a competition based on the cumulative returns from all your bets across the whole competition. An update will be posted after each meeting.

b ) Points Championship - Each meeting will be scored on the basis of a points allocation based on the dollar results for that day. The winner will accumulate the most points across the twelve days of the comp.

1st  - 25 points

2nd -18 

3rd - 15

4th -12 

5th - 10 

6th - 8 

7th - 6 

8th - 4 

9th - 2 

10th - 1

8. Challenge Shield. This is a little addition to the comp which will see the Challenge Shield being held by the highest scorer from the previous comp - in this case Howie - being challenged in the first round by the next highest scorer from that comp i.e. Lloyd, or if he doesn't participate Pete or next Harewood, etc. The next challenger will be the highest scorer in Round 1 and so on. Just a bit of fun on the side !

9. Posting. Please post your selections by number (names are optional and unnecessary). If you post replacements for scratched horses then do so in anew post rather than edit your original, providing you post before 10.30am.

10. Closing Time. There is no closing time but selections are only valid if posted at least one minute before the starting time of the first or any race. My decision is final in this and all other matters.

Comp is scheduled to start on Sat Nov 25. Only NZ meetings will feature. 

NEWCOMERS ARE VERY WELCOME ! 

Please post your selections for all 9 races at Counties on this thread with race 1 timed for 12.45pm

Bro ,  Look For  ,  PJ's  Tipping   Competition    Pukekohe   Park      New  Zealand    Saturday   Have   Fun !

R1:   6,9               Best  Bet

R2:   6,7                 Best  Bet

R3:   7,9

R4:   8,10

R5:   4,11

R6:   1,4

R7:   2,13

R8:   9,10

R9:  7,15

Good Luck People's.

Counties    2511    

Betty        
1    ::    2-6
2    ::    1-2
3    ::    5-6**
4    ::    2-9
5    ::    1-7
6    ::    1-2
7    ::    2-4
8    ::    6-10**
9    ::    8-13

Rosina        
1    ::    1-2
2    ::    7-8**
3    ::    5-7
4    ::    4-9
5    ::    1-4
6    ::    1-8
7    ::    1-6**
8    ::    4-6
9    ::    4-13

Maureen        
1    ::    4-6**
2    ::    7-9
3    ::    4-5
4    ::    4-5
5    ::    1-2
6    ::    2-3**
7    ::    1-2
8    ::    3-6
9    ::    1-4

Brian        
1    ::    2-4
2    ::    6-8
3    ::    4-7
4    ::    5-9**
5    ::    2-7
6    ::    1-3
7    ::    4-6
8    ::    3-4
9    ::    1-13**

Thanks PJ...Nice Comp

18 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Still a bit confusing PJ. 

"Selections for all 9 races prior to R1 at 12.45."  Rule 10 appears to allow selections to be posted later unless I read it wrong.?

Hi Dave

This is why my son is going to be a lawyer and I am not !

The same rules as the Super Comps. ideally everyone posts before the first race but if they don't then they should post as soon as possible and all selections submitted at once. I will have the final call on this. Hope that is less muddy ;)

28 minutes ago, Peter Jenkins said:

Hi Dave

This is why my son is going to be a lawyer and I am not !

The same rules as the Super Comps. ideally everyone posts before the first race but if they don't then they should post as soon as possible and all selections submitted at once. I will have the final call on this. Hope that is less muddy ;)

Gotcha...should be a good one..;)

Couldn't find any space in the Mighty Blues trophy cabinet back at Mighty Blues HQ, Queen Street, Auckland. The cabinet's fair bulging with accolades. So I've bolted the Challenge Shield to the boardroom wall. It's gonna take a big effort to dislodge the Challenge Shield from its now semi-permanent lodging - come on Lloydy, have a go, if you think you're clever enough. (You can see I've been watching too much of 'The Chase.') :D 

trophy.jpg

Liking the look of this Comp... thanks very much for organising, PJ.

• R1
  • 3 - El Fernando  - At the top of his game and looks well-suited to 2400m. Strong prospect.
  • 7 - Nina Arora    - Nice mare well-weighted and poised to strike. 
  • R2
  • 6 - Camino Rocoso - Two strong races recently and I can see Mickey Coleman claiming back-to-back victories.
  • 7 - Roc de Bank - Did plenty of work at most recent start and only succumbed late. Can take this out for sure.
  • R3
  • 4 - Pinot Grey - I usually go the way of the favourites in 2 y-o races, a very costly experience in recent years.
  • 7 - Autumn Wild - All the money's pointing the way of this one. Where there's smoke, etc, etc.
  • R4   BEST BET 1
  • 4 - Devise - Nice win first-up in campaign, and can definitely go back-to-back.
  • 7 - Kitaya - Has been knocking on the door, is as fit as, and can deliver at big odds. Overmatched last start. This is more her go.
  • R5     BEST BET 2
  • 1 - Francaletta - To carry on the benefit day for the king Mickey Coleman. Will be very hard to run down.
  • 6 - Galaxy Miss - Should get a lovely trip from the '1' draw, and can finish over the top of them at a nice price.
  • R6
  • 3 - Shadows - a nice type who has gone two excellent races this campaign. Not finished yet.
  • 6 - Decades - An impressive type with form on the board. Drawn out but good enough to overcome.
  • R7
  • 4 - Five To Midnight - slowly coming to it. Ready to strike here. A good bet.
  • 5 - Francis Drake - Form is much better than it reads. Chris Johnson to weave his magic here. Can get over the top of them at good odds.
  • R8
  • 6 - Ferrando - If they miss on Francis Drake then the Rogerson/Chris Johnson combination will redeem the situation with victory here.
  • 10 - I Am Poppy - Form is excellent, draw is great, what could possibly go wrong ? Will be sucked along in the slipstream and could be too strong late.
  • R9
  • 4 - Howbowdat - I thought this one would win first up in campaign. Didn't ! So going again.  Don't let me down, fella.
  • 9 - Monrecour - Observed doing very good work late in most recent run. Should be hard to hold out late.

Good luck, Lloydy. I just checked my horoscope and guess what ...the Challenge Shield ain't goin' nowhere ! :)

Good luck, everyone.

Lastof40 I see you haven't posted yet ....do you need some help ? hehe

Race 1: 3,4.

Race 2: 9,10

Race 3: 3,4

Race 4: 3,4.

Race 5: 4,8.

Race 6: 1,3.

Race 7: 1,4.(Best Bet).

Race 8: 7,10(Best Bet).  

Race 9: 4,18

this $ comp will sort the men out from the boys....looking to bring that shield back to the Bay. Cheers P.J...good luck all.