RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Blue

Tim Vince on holiday

I think this is an indication that there is a distinct lack of opportunity for Tim's horses in the area he trains in..

Because of the rating system and an apparent lack of catering for horses with limited ability e.g. older types or claimers his horses will be forced elsewhere.

Therefore owners and their horses are not catered for ,the viewing and the betting public are not catered for either.Little point being happy with a 10 horse average field when 3 x trotting fields may have 13 horses while 3 pacing races have 7 horses giving an average of 10 and the rating bands get wider and the slower types not catered for.....no like v like .

A slower horse has little to no show earning its keep....some head to Palmy North like yesterday where most of the winners were from Puke or Cambridge but thats not ideal.

A few years ago  I was reluctant to sell horses I had a share in cos I knew that they had a chance to earn a bit of their keep but not now with the wide bands ....no chance.....I think in recent months Ive been pleased to see some 12 horses sold or retired , other shareholders getting frustrated too and some lost to sport.

So little is done to stop this exit of participants.....add 8 or 9 Tim is looking to shift elsewhere and Northern trots has suddenly lost 20 horses that could have been racing regularly .A couple of that number injured !

A sad state of affairs ,but does anyone care ?

7 hours ago, Blue said:

Timmy obviously chasing the warmer weather. I see Joemaro nominated for Geraldine on Sunday. Hope you get a travel subsidy.

Joe are is in at Motukarara in the amateur race with a claiming price.

Horse now based at Steve Dolan’s According to movements.

54 minutes ago, eljay said:

I see also Cheree drives in the race - no driver for Tim's horse but odds are it will be Sheryl.

Oh yes, I must make a mental note that if i require a cab, I make sure the driver is not Blue! :D

Oh ye of little faith Lloyd. I assumed the horse had probably been moved on but as I read down the noms it stuck out being the last on the list in the last race. If it's good enough for Kenny Rae to take horses to Riverton it's not out of the question for Timmy to jog down to Geraldine.

Yes boys he is a good old fella but has problems.I sent him first coz I'm a supporter of amateurs and going nowhere in North. Also he can't run to his rating up here.he will have to be driven ugly as he chokes down in a field so will be heading out.Steve Dolan I met a couple of years ago. Nice fella I believe very underrated.great facilities.not expecting too much but nothing sitting in a paddock.intend to send a few more of my cot cases down.

Please u have been warned don't blow up re drive. Have informed stewards.mmt pockets the same tonight.

Good luck

On 22/11/2017 at 5:25 PM, Brodie said:

Joe are is in at Motukarara in the amateur race with a claiming price.

Horse now based at Steve Dolan’s According to movements.

Joemaro has won at the Mot before so nice choice for Tim.