RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Shad

Cup day

Great day out at riccarton saturday, nice weather, top fields and a good crowd, the hardest part was trying to back a winner. Just thought after  the feature races and un saddling of the horses in the birdcage , after such a hard race, the winner then had to endure the duration of the speeches and the replay of the last stages of the race over the loud speaker, then were expected to line up for the winning photo with the owners. A tough ask on some of the younger horses who are not used to the big occasion, and are all hyped up, after running their heart out. To their credit they were well behaved, but just thought the photos would be best done first and the horse wisked away for a hose down. Enjoyed the day out and after a big week of racing, looks like all horses got around unscathed, at the end of the day, that to me is the most  important thing.

9 minutes ago, Aaron Bidlake said:

Interesting you say about the after race stuff, I had mentioned to them after winning the national that they should provide a drink for the horse afterwards because at the end of the day they are the one doing all the hard work and don't even get a drink straight after. 

Common practice in the UK, will be a bucket of water waiting for the winner as soon as they come back to the winners stall

34 minutes ago, Aaron Bidlake said:

Interesting you say about the after race stuff, I had mentioned to them after winning the national that they should provide a drink for the horse afterwards because at the end of the day they are the one doing all the hard work and don't even get a drink straight after. 

Aaron, in England at Royal Ascot the staff of the winning stable are always there with a lovely silver bucket of water for the winner,   each and every time as the winning horse has to hang around for sometime whilst the presentation take place. 

Maybe we need to start that same practice here, especially in the summer. 

However, would the stipes allow it? 

Somehow I don’t think they would!

Thats a good suggestion to give them a drink, i just think its tougher on the young inexperienced horses to relive the race again over the p a and the speeches, when there all hyped up and on the toe, just imagine the carnage there could be if one broke away from the handler and run amok amongst a crowd in the birdcage. Everything is health and safety, you cant even see your horse being saddled now. Is this any different, i just think they should do the photos, and get the horse out of there, they certainly had enough by then.