RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ivanthegreat

TFC BANK BETS

Outstanding work chaps...................  $846 in total spent on about 28 selections AND wait for it.

2 place bets came in one paying $1.10

Those of you who are critical of me castigating these guys take heart I have made my point ,

This will be the last time I bring the subject up but let me just finish by suggesting that it is the cynic in me that suggests that :

The TAB owns Trackside , controls what's available to newspapers which historically all had their own coverage and selections , clearly they control the information on their website . So apart from the one independent publication , and you have to question just how remote it is , everthing eminates from the very party that stands to loose the most from anything that guides you to making a winning bet.

The last thing the TAB wants is for these tipsters to give you winners as they are the one's who stand to loose from it: so by default we get who we get and from the TAB's point of view they will be eternally pleased with the likes of you know who.

The TAB monopolises the media which is why so many false favorites are generated , we are all reading or hearing the same misguided information . 

Ivan, I don't listen to other people's tips, but I have no doubt they are poor from the discussions I do hear on Trackside, BUT you really have no understanding of the totalisator system (I know we have fixed odds as well these days, but this even applies there). The TAB doesn't want people to lose. It benefits them if favourites win and people collect and then reinvest. It is all about TURNOVER and reinvestment. The concet does confuse a lot of people. The TAB takes a percentage of every bet, so favourites can keep winning all day as far as they are concerned.

The poor tipping you hear is down to incompetence, not conspiracy. Do you really think they are clever enough to manipulate things the way you are suggesting?

Of course, this thread appears after a bad week for their tipping, which every punter experiences. There have been other weeks with good profits, which is hard to maintain for them, because anything they tip is likely to end up under the odds. Whats more, if you feel they are deliberately steering you in the wrong direction, maybe the best idea is for you to keep it under your hat and make a killing on other horses at inflated odds.

No  I'm Not suggesting it is deliberate that would be impossible BUT that nothing is done to improve it because there is no benefit.

However , I'm not sure about the " Totalisator system " and the turnover aspect............. surely FOB betting exposes them ?

Which would account for their own admission to having good and bad days at BIG trotting or Cup meetings where turnover is always massive.. 

Even the legendary punter Mad Mark loses. I know it's hard to believe but there's so many variables in this game the mind boggles, i feel sorry for these people,they're in a position of total scrutiny and the horses can make you look and feel like a total fool. If your in this game to make a profit and do your a genius.(I'm not going to say in the know:ph34r:)....does search squad win at Sandown with Williams up? 

This week also nothing but a flop.

4 selectors Jason Tan , Aiden Rodley , Brendon P , Matt Cross , Stu Lang with " Bank Bets " covering about 35 races and totalling $955.

1 winner pays $3.40 , and 2 places one which paid $1.80.

ALL LOST MONEY..... TOTAL LOSSES  $643

8 minutes ago, ivanthegreat said:

4 selectors Jason Tan , Aiden Rodley , Brendon P , Matt Cross , Stu Lang with " Bank Bets " covering about 35 races and totalling $955.

Give it a rest bro, starting to sound like a stuffed record!

8 hours ago, ivanthegreat said:

I actually agree. A commentator is all about telling the story of the event. It IS NOT a tipping competition executed by hacks. Do you think that we need to market failure? That's what's happening guys and gals. 

1 hour ago, berzerk said:

They should be shown the door. Where is the accountability? This is a preview show for NZ racing and it is not a good look, week after week. It is not informative, and an absolute snore-a-thon to watch. Needs a serious overhaul.

It’s had one, they have boy wonder hosting it and his two pals

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:04 AM, MrBigStuff said:

It’s had one, they have boy wonder hosting it and his two pals

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 0:07 PM, poundforpound said:

Seriously, you’re being unreasonable, there’s no one who can tip profitably every week.

Even the best of tipsters rely on the rebates for profit.

Just tune in to TFC for information, cherry pick what you will, and forget the tips.

I do agree that it needs a serious makeover to make it an entertainment and information hybrid show, but that’s hardly the fault of the resident panelists.

Can I suggest one thing............... next week record the whole programme and on Sunday watch it again and see what ya think.

Of course I expect to get flak for these views and those that are responsible and their associates clearly can post responses but this sort of advise would in any other field be classified as fraudulent or at least misleading advertising. Gambling, speculating , punting call it what you like is an investment and should have some regulation after all we are talking a conservative $1,000 + per week if we include all the Recommended Quaddies , Multi's and Best and value bets and I have yet to see a positive return week upon week.

What would the responsible gambling brigade and gamblers anonymous have to say ??

I don't have any financial worries but the  majority of viewers and the presenters themselves couldn't afford to follow their own advise.

4 hours ago, ivanthegreat said:

Can I suggest one thing............... next week record the whole programme and on Sunday watch it again and see what ya think.

Of course I expect to get flak for these views and those that are responsible and their associates clearly can post responses but this sort of advise would in any other field be classified as fraudulent or at least misleading advertising. Gambling, speculating , punting call it what you like is an investment and should have some regulation after all we are talking a conservative $1,000 + per week if we include all the Recommended Quaddies , Multi's and Best and value bets and I have yet to see a positive return week upon week.

What would the responsible gambling brigade and gamblers anonymous have to say ??

I don't have any financial worries but the  majority of viewers and the presenters themselves couldn't afford to follow their own advise.

Well I can honestly say I have never watched this programme you refer to and I don't even know when it is on. I can only suggest you follow my approach. I think it would save you a lot of angst.

7 hours ago, premixer said:

Can someone post these up if they get a chance for the weekend?  Interested in following them to see how the go.

You should put yours up as well and compare them :-)

12 hours ago, napier said:

You should put yours up as well and compare them :-)

What do they normally do?   Tip a few for each race?

Genuinely have no idea how they play it, purely wanted to see if Ivan is simply bagging them after a rough week or two, or perhaps hes found the best source of lays ever?