RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jess

SPCA Investigates TB Stud

I don't know any more than what is reported here.  But it's a reminder of the faith we put in people when we send our mares away - sometimes for months - and often don't see them at all during that time.

The quotes from Simon Irving of RIU may have been cherry-picked - and I know he is Racing's man not the SPCA's man - but I hope the welfare of horses also concerns him and not just the reputational issues for the industry ....

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/98920151/stud-farm-accused-of-animal-welfare-problems-but-allowed-to-continue

Wait and see I guess.  I have an open mind.

Including about any ex employees - granted there is such thing as disgruntled troublemakers - but there is also such thing as good people who took exception to what they saw and got "let go" as a consequence ...

In this case I have no idea which if either could be in play ...

J.

There may have been social media reports from the stud regarding staff being sacked = but at the end of the day the stud master and owner of the stud is responsible for the condition and care of ALL horses on the property - NZTR and the SPCA have gone to great lengths to investigate this and its NOT the first time.  Rob Lewis has had horses uplifted by the SPCA previously - those picturs of horses heads over a barb wire fence - does that look like a reputable stud operation to you?  No !  It doesn't - Regal Fern Lodge needs to step up and acknowledge they have fucked up and that skinny horses DID exist - blaming staff is a cop out - if that was a trainer in the same situation they would be de-registered and fined!   But nope - breeders are not licensed people......................