RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Overcheck

Fail To Score Up.

Race 6 yesterday at Addington Alta Orlando wouldn't budge when asked to score up behind the mobile and was not scratched. At the gallops if a horse fails to enter the starting stalls it is late scratched which is fair to the punter. I can understand if a horse breaks in the score up it is still deemed a starter as it seems the actual race starts before the starting point is reached. However to not even start to score up is surely a non starter and should be late scratched to be fair to the punter. Am I wrong?

A very good point, and one that someone might be able to throw some light on. I was down by the stabling area and quite close to the action, and the horse did not want to have a bar of it. It was not until later a friend sent me a text asking if I had felt the 4.1 earthquake that happened just at the that time of the problem with Alta Orlando. not saying that is was the cause, but food for thought.