RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
kdt

Danny O'Brien and Mark Kavanagh Cobalt decision out

Am I wrong with the following? We're these facts or fabrication?  Please set me right here! 

What I find interesting in this whole matter is the cash payments for vitamins?  Why do you pay exorbitant amounts of CASH for a small bottle of vitamin formula and try to cover it up? If it's legit, why don't you want it on the books? Why was the 2nd phone never openly disclosed? As a byline, I also see the  supposedly responsible Vet was on course during the recent Flemington carnival. 

I love the fact this situation was only uncovered as the "vitamins"  were sent to David Hayes in error ... That "edge" has cost not only DOB & MK but the entire racing industry...

Sadly, Peter Moody, despite having "ONE HORSE" out of 200, out of thousands of starters over many years, out of hundreds of swabs over many years, return a cobalt reading of "just over the allowable limit, which would have been "way below the previous permitted limit", in a horse that did not win, and finally at a level that was proved cod be found in vitamins and different feeds, yet, they destroyed his career and sullied his reputation in the eyes of the public. This great horseman, whom I know would not even "think" of doping a horse, should be taking them all to the cleaners. In any other State this would never have eventuated. One has to think that either jealousy or, someone has said, "Bailey, this IU is costing a fortune - we need some major scouts". There will always be some who try for an edge in a sinister way. PM is not one of those.

9 minutes ago, Trump said:

Sadly, Peter Moody, despite having "ONE HORSE" out of 200, out of thousands of starters over many years, out of hundreds of swabs over many years, return a cobalt reading of "just over the allowable limit, which would have been "way below the previous permitted limit", in a horse that did not win, and finally at a level that was proved cod be found in vitamins and different feeds,

should have used the "cow trough" defence

10 minutes ago, Trump said:

"Bailey, this IU is costing a fortune - we need some major scouts". 

What does that even mean?  "scalps" maybe?

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

Help me me understand where your perceived / implied crime is La Zip.

A trainer buys a bottle of water soluble VB12 and pays "overs" for it....stupid ? yes, very stupid indeed. Ignorant ? yes, but so we're most of us so that's hardly a crime.

The inescapable fact is that the veterinary scientific community discovered very early on in this enquiry that most if not all these cobalt positives were from the VB12 derivative cyanocobolamin and not pharmaceutical cobalt, but the VRC and Bailey dig in because they wanted some scalps.

Fuckwits they are, world class fuckwits and they should be made accountable for tarnishing the industry and bringing it into disrepute.

It reminds me of the witch hunt for the mythical ITPP years ago, I think that drug is called myoisotoltrispyrophosphate, didn't some gypsy bird get a dawn raid by the armed offenders just because she googled that name ? anyway that drug didn't exist in a form that could be used on horses, but the useless Feds wasted hundreds of thousands trying to pretend it did. Losers, paranoid losers and conspirators, that's what they are.

They need some good advice, and a bullet.

Read it again PFP - I'm actually asking questions. If you know the answers to those questions, then please enlighten me.

I think in Australia the term used is "TALL POPPY SYNDROME". Get too successful and people resent it. Get too rich - people say you're an exploiter. It's a bit like handicap racing. The more a horse wins the more weight is applied to stop it. Give me WFA any day. But back to the topic. They could not prove that O'Brien or Kava have their horses cobalt. The horses were presented with it and that's what they will have to cop.  Laurie Connell will be rolling over ! :)