RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
50 win no. 1

What a disgrace

18 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Joe, thought I might get a response from the greyhound supporters.

Not an expert at all on the dogs, but I do know that trainers look to get downgrades so their dogs can be more competitive in a lower grade if they aren’t that competitive in their current grade.

Have heard this said many times on Trackside!

It is not rocket science Joe when it comes to the weight and it wouldn’t be hard to have a dog not run at its best unless you know different?

brodie your full off shite produce your facts re trackside on wigts

1 hour ago, 50 win no. 1 said:

Goodbye Brodie.  I will leave harness cafe to you and your 3 followers. Now I know why this forum is unfortunately under utilized.  A opportunity for progressive dialogue has been dominated by people stuck in the dark ages. I realise now,  why harness fans do not engage here.  I will retreat to the Wall....( which for your reference Brodie is a in joke about Game of Thrones). I understand you didn't comment for months which must have been bliss . .Good luck, goodbye,  good lord.........

This is hilarious --- somebody who sounds like Brodie-on-steroids arguing with, and abusing, Brodie for not being negative enough!

34 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Not an expert at all on the dogs, but I do know that trainers look to get downgrades so their dogs can be more competitive in a lower grade if they aren’t that competitive in their current grade.

It is not rocket science Joe when it comes to the weight and it wouldn’t be hard to have a dog not run at its best unless you know different?

your a tosser brodie i suppose weight doesnt make a different with horses

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

brodie 

you have dogs that will be up in down in the weights all the time racing in the morning will be heavier that at night there is the reason for most of the weight variance

3 hours ago, Joe blogs said:

Brodie your now a greyhound expert can you tell me how the weight change means your looking for downgrades

Brodie 

i had a dog win two races in a row not long ago weight difference was 1.4 kgs 

so whats the story there

10 hours ago, Joe blogs said:

Brodie 

i had a dog win two races in a row not long ago weight difference was 1.4 kgs 

so whats the story there

Joe, no I am not an expert on greyhounds, but what I have been told over the years is that it is not hard to affect a dogs performance.

They used to give them plenty of water to drink.

Yes I appreciate they are kennelled for a long time.

Not a vendetta against the dogs at all as I do t back them.

Point was that this person calls harness participants cheats, which I don’t agree with anymore so than gallops or the dogs 

, they can all be manipulated if  you want!

12 hours ago, gary1 said:

your a tosser brodie i suppose weight doesnt make a different with horses

Welcome Gary, how do you know that I am a tosser??????

Not sure if I should take that as a compliment or not?

Of course weight will make a difference with horses, and if a horse misses work or is overworked then they will perform differently.

It was not an attack on the dogs, but someone claimed that harness participants were cheats!

I take offence to this claim and was pointing out that you can manipulate gallopers and dogs and why did he single out harness, when there was no need to.

The drive of Scott Phelan was not a poor one at all, and he wanted Scott Phelan barred?????

He must have been talking out of his wallet when there was no need to!

Doubt there would be many with a clue that would support that it was a shocking drive!

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Joe, no I am not an expert on greyhounds, but what I have been told over the years is that it is not hard to affect a dogs performance.

They used to give them plenty of water to drink.

Yes I appreciate they are kennelled for a long time.

Not a vendetta against the dogs at all as I do t back them.

Point was that this person calls harness participants cheats, which I don’t agree with anymore so than gallops or the dogs 

, they can all be manipulated if  you want!

Brodie the person who told you that stuff dont know what they are talking about so maybe you should find out the facts and truths before you come up with coments like that

1 hour ago, Joe blogs said:

Brodie the person who told you that stuff dont know what they are talking about so maybe you should find out the facts and truths before you come up with coments like that

Joe, so you are saying that greyhound trainers do not look for their greyhounds to be downgraded if they are not competitive in their current grade??

Could you also advise us that by giving a dog a lot of water before being kennelled would no way affect a dogs racing ability??

I apologise sincerely to all the greyhound leople if I have been told wrongly and no trainer wants to have its dog downgraded by giving it water!

16 hours ago, 50 win no. 1 said:

18 hours ago, 50 win no. 1 said:

I am a passionate punter, I'm not talking about money, I'm talking about the pillar of all racing.  That is giving your mount or drive every opportunity to finish in its best possible position.  That's called integrity.    Repeat integrity......

Punter or uninformed gambler?

your going off on the drive? THEY WENT 3 SECONDS SLOWER THAN THE OTHER LOW GRADED RACE!!!!!! So how the f$&k has he murdered it. Yes he went forward early, as most people who actually do form would of thought. The horse has been trialing super.

yes he did a little bit of work to get to the front but nothing more than you would expect from any horse drawing 8!

once in front he got very comfortable sectionals which gave him every possible chance of winning the race.

Sooooo maybe the horse just went terrible (which they all can do from time to time). Now you have lost more than you could afford to spend on the punt, without telling the misses (or same sex partner) and It is going to put even more pressure on your already fragile relationship. So now you are trying to find someone to blame.......

There wasn’t anything overly bad with the drive. Horse went terrible, happens, move on

Ps slander is never a good rebuttal!

1 hour ago, Joe blogs said:

Brodie a dog will only drink if it wants to drink 

and the dog is in the keenels for upto two hours and guess what when they come out they piss 

so dont matter how much  water you give a dog its gone by race time

I read an article last year,(which I just read again) which referred to dishonest dog trainers in aussie putting a hose down dogs throats to make them drink to slow them up.. This is what a trainer claimed.  Maybe everybody in nz is honest,however I don't think that is the case in any code.

As far as the original topic,i think 50 to win  not taken too seriously by anyone after reading his comments.

10 minutes ago, what a post said:

I read an article last year,(which I just read again) which referred to dishonest dog trainers in aussie putting a hose down dogs throats to make them drink to slow them up.. This is what a trainer claimed.  Maybe everybody in nz is honest,however I don't think that is the case in any code.

As far as the original topic,i think 50 to win  not taken too seriously by anyone after reading his comments.

I do know that I have been told by greyhound people regards the water whether or not the greyhound people want to beleive me or not is no consequence.

The Brodster does say things that some like to oppose which is their perogative to.

I would suggest that under the rules of greyhound racing you would have to be pretty naive if you didn’t believe that many trainers had ways to enable their dog to not run to its potential if it was going to get a downgrade!

17 minutes ago, what a post said:

You are dead right What APost, if they don’t believe us they only need to google it!

Where did 50 who started this posting go to??