RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
50 win no. 1

What a disgrace

Once again absolutely murdered the chance of another favorite Caitlyn Clarke with his horse. He finished 100yards last after attacking for the lead. Phelan doesn't care where he finishes, and ruins the race as a consequence. What a disgrace, should be barred...

I don't think I'm a troll.  The attitude of people like Hayden Sefonte is why the in bred , mates and insider atmosphere is so strong in NZ harness racing. If they had a panel of stipes that analysed races and tactics and kept the sport HONEST,  it would become mainstream. Instead ,unfortunately,  the sport is populated by cousins, brothers, in laws and families all having a turn. That's why what could be a great sport is commonly known as Cheats on Seats...

15 minutes ago, eljay said:

You are mentioning names - why don't you reveal you name too - just to tidy the whole thing up.     

(signed) Long suffering losing punter - alias Lloyd Jury!!

Why would I mention my name and come under attack?  I'm not married to my 1st cousin. These people are hillbillys. 

54 minutes ago, 50 win no. 1 said:

I don't think I'm a troll.  The attitude of people like Hayden Sefonte is why the in bred , mates and insider atmosphere is so strong in NZ harness racing. If they had a panel of stipes that analysed races and tactics and kept the sport HONEST,  it would become mainstream. Instead ,unfortunately,  the sport is populated by cousins, brothers, in laws and families all having a turn. That's why what could be a great sport is commonly known as Cheats on Seats...

Where on earth does this cheats on seats come from nowadays?

Dont believe  Trainers Or drivers can afford to cheat and for what purpose.

Dont believe that any trainer sets a horse up for a massive punt nowadays as it is difficult to get large amounts on unless you are a known losing punter!

If you think that harness is full of cheaters then don’t be involved.

2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Dont believe that any trainer sets a horse up for a massive punt nowadays as it is difficult to get large amounts on unless you are a known losing punter!

so you are saying team driving doesn't happen anymore?

11 minutes ago, Brodie said:

And there in a nutshell is harness racings biggest problem.  "Don't be involved" . People like this imbecile have been involved for decades, and their attitude is " don't be involved". Oh my god,  these people don't want discussion or accountability.  The industry is struggling and people like Brodie have their heads stuck up where the sun don't shine.  God , give me strength!!!!!!

1 hour ago, jasonmccook1 said:

and you are?

Examples of team driving would be good as Brodie is sometimes slated for not giving hard evidence. 

I can't remember the stipes in recent times nailing people for team driving. It is exceptionally difficult to prove that a drive is not beyond what is normally acceptable.

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Agree. Chucking away a livelihood or a passion for a possible few bucks is madness. Brodie would follow betting patterns closely and it is hard to see how one could make a huge amount of money without drawing attention to oneself.

The game ain't squeaky clean but it is not as dirty as one could imagine I would say from the outside looking in.

2 hours ago, jasonmccook1 said:

Jason team driving doesn’t mean cheating.

There is far more cheating in Greyhounds

The weight changes shows that, looking for downgrades.

2 hours ago, 50 win no. 1 said:

And there in a nutshell is harness racings biggest problem.  "Don't be involved" . People like this imbecile have been involved for decades, and their attitude is " don't be involved". Oh my god,  these people don't want discussion or accountability.  The industry is struggling and people like Brodie have their heads stuck up where the sun don't shine.  God , give me strength!!!!!!

Nice to have u onboard.

What I said is if you think harness racing is full of cheats then don’t be involved.

Abuse is hardly needed on here

I very seldom comment on harness cafe, but this has stirred me up. I apologize for offending your sensibilities . l bow to your superior knowledge Lord Brodie. Your analysis is mature and wise. I thank you for sharing your pearls of wisdom and insight. I know your time is precious as you have to

(1) feed your cat

(2) put your slippers and dressing gown on

(3) make a hot cup of Milo

(4) settle down to Coronation Street

God bless you Brodie. You are the future of NZ harness racing......

14 minutes ago, 50 win no. 1 said:

I very seldom comment on harness cafe, but this has stirred me up. I apologize for offending your sensibilities . l bow to your superior knowledge Lord Brodie. Your analysis is mature and wise. I thank you for sharing your pearls of wisdom and insight. I know your time is precious as you have to

(1) feed your cat

Good heavens.

How much you lose?

16 minutes ago, 50 win no. 1 said:

(1) feed your cat

Sorry,  but I think you are lacking something up top  to put it mildly!

Scott Phelans horse drew 8 and as we know Scott normally,likes to go forward and put horses into the race.

Todd MacFarlane handed up to Scott Phelan very easily and Scott’s horse was not murdered whatsoever!

Don’t beleive that many harness racing followers would agree with you that Scott Phelan murdered his horse, it just wasn’t good enough.

The fact that Caitlin Clarke was held up is part of racing and happens in all races and as I and HSVman have said, Todd MacFarlane handed up very quickly, so it was just as much his fault!

PS. haven’t got a pussy

Dont wear slippers nor dressing gown, although my son does record Coro Street, which I often watch on non race nights.

Sleep well, as I think you need a decent sleep for your anger problem.

4 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Don’t beleive that many harness racing followers would agree with you that Scott Phelan murdered his horse, it just wasn’t good enough.

Watched it before, went reasonably hard to get to the lead, then had a quiet time and then had a fair few visitors outside it's wheel a reasonable distance from home. Bit tough for a first starter but was 3/3 in the betting so can't see much to complain about.

Brodie is right.

Goodbye Brodie.  I will leave harness cafe to you and your 3 followers. Now I know why this forum is unfortunately under utilized.  A opportunity for progressive dialogue has been dominated by people stuck in the dark ages. I realise now,  why harness fans do not engage here.  I will retreat to the Wall....( which for your reference Brodie is a in joke about Game of Thrones). I understand you didn't comment for months which must have been bliss . .Good luck, goodbye,  good lord.........

46 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Jason team driving doesn’t mean cheating.

There is far more cheating in Greyhounds

The weight changes shows that, looking for downgrades.

Brodie your now a greyhound expert can you tell me how the weight change means your looking for downgrades

7 minutes ago, 50 win no. 1 said:

Goodbye Brodie.  I will leave harness cafe to you and your 3 followers. Now I know why this forum is unfortunately under utilized.  A opportunity for progressive dialogue has been dominated by people stuck in the dark ages. I realise now,  why harness fans do not engage here.  I will retreat to the Wall....( which for your reference Brodie is a in joke about Game of Thrones). I understand you didn't comment for months which must have been bliss . .Good luck, goodbye,  good lord.........

I have had a few disagreements with Brodie on here so don't start that shit.

For you to fly off the handle over a drive like that and then get personal is pretty lame.

I hope you understand the gallops better than you do the trots.

For the record, your first post was full of shite and every one after that too.

29 minutes ago, 50 win no. 1 said:

You submit very easily 50?

The point being is that you thought Scott Phelan murdered his horse, when most people would say he didn’t!

The forum is for open discussion and you start abusing people and calling people in harness cheats!

I disagree with both points and it is your perogative to agree with what you think, but you don’t need to run away for that reason!

33 minutes ago, Joe blogs said:

Brodie your now a greyhound expert can you tell me how the weight change means your looking for downgrades

Joe, thought I might get a response from the greyhound supporters.

Not an expert at all on the dogs, but I do know that trainers look to get downgrades so their dogs can be more competitive in a lower grade if they aren’t that competitive in their current grade.

Have heard this said many times on Trackside!

It is not rocket science Joe when it comes to the weight and it wouldn’t be hard to have a dog not run at its best unless you know different?