RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Mr Spyro

Lenny The Shark

I'll admit to being primarily a galloping man who likes to watch some pacing. but don't really know the ins and outs.  In regard to Mick Guerin's comments in the Herald, I understand the importance of Lazarus winning in Australia from breeding point of view but he seems to be indicating that to be considered a real champion he has to beat Lenny The Shark over there.  Doesn't the same apply in reverse ?  to consider Lenny The Shark a real champion he has to what Blacks A Fake and others have done , move outside his comfort zone and race  outside Australia ?   Surely you can't just base overall superiority  on one horse having the home advantage each time.  What's good enough for one is good enough for the other.  And knowing how our  horses seem to  be drawn as if by magnet towards the car park each time and theirs seem to fluke the best draws each and every time........

Secondly have been reading Australian forums where they have been flat out slagging Lazarus,  main reason is they refer to "  weak "  competition in N.Z.    In my ignorance, I never realised that the competition there was so strong as our horses seem to win Hunter Cups, Derbies etc, so frequently.  What other horses do they have in open class that are so good  ? or are they just shooting their mouths off?

4 hours ago, Mr Spyro said:

or are they just shooting their mouths off?

In a nutshell.  And to be honest I think Lazarus would blouse anyone at the moment. Jacks Legend won a heat of the Vic Derby and I think got the carpark in the Final. Tiger Tara can stay all day and has raced pretty successfully in Aus. Heaven Rocks could be anything, they just need the right shrink for his head.  Hardly weak opposition.

Not saying it is a conspiracy but happens with monotonous regularity for whatever the  reason, probably just pure bad luck . If you  go back over Int finals,  miracle miles, derbies etc.   It's okay to pick one example where it works ourt.  Was it at Menagle a couple of years back every NZ horse but 1 out of about 7 drew to hell ?     Of course you can't rig the draw, no one is that stupid,  but most times you can almost book your place by the carpark in advance.  It just seems to be fated.   Even  in an Interdom final in Auckland , the Australian champ drew  2 and the best NZ chances apart from  one in barrier 5 were the 3 outside of the back row.

I have aussie mates who keep mentioning how tough competition here in NZ is, their observations; why alot of our 2nd n 3rd tier horses go to aus, good question Spyro why don't they bring LennyTheShark over here? :D hell Tiger Tara is bloody good horse and hey he's been flyin the flag for aussies power to em, but he raced pretty much how he used to here, over Cup carnival, why?......

Cheers Iraklis

Oh give me a break :rolleyes: start Lazzie off 1,2,3 situation would be reversed, Mark P aint asking to have it handed to him, hes there aint he? he's competing? you really think drivers here in NZ are that frickn useless they hand races to other competitors? oh puhleese! Laz is a bloody serious racehorse too pal, and you will find that out! how many of yours could've come here raced in the Cup, and then start in 1st heat (outside front row) and still make a showin like he did he ran 2nd not last......ahhhh nada! enjoy while you can but mind yuh manners......

Iraklis

FlagU, however that was not your statement was it, and I quote:  'he won't have it given to him on a plate by the drivers like he is in nz.' if you make a shit statement like that, and get an adverse reaction thats your prob! and I don't need to see anything mate, regardless of how you think 'it was handed to him' Lazzie won his 2nd NZ Cup! :D yusssss! if that makes me one-eyed (proudly so) then so be it, I can live with that......furthermore, do you really think a man of Mark Ps stature would show up there with THE CHAMP if he considered he was 'gunna get it handed to him' I would imagine he knows full well the 'hurdles' (said with tongue firmly in cheek) he was goin to have to overcome to even compete?! oh puhleeese......

Iraklis

NZ horses are generally a helluva lot better than there horses!

For the number that they breed they don’t really compete with NZ.

There would be Lot of horses that go around over in Oz that would have trouble qualifying here!

If our horses weren’t better than there’s they wouldn’t be buying  as=many as they do from here!

37 minutes ago, Brodie said:

NZ horses are generally a helluva lot better than there horses!

For the number that they breed they don’t really compete with NZ.

There would be Lot of horses that go around over in Oz that would have trouble qualifying here!

If our horses weren’t better than there’s they wouldn’t be buying  as=many as they do from here!

Exactly. Take the likes of the Timothy Butt trained Field Marshall, this horse could not foot it with the top class NZ pacers yet it has measured up in Australia.

FlagU, there you go again talkin shite, and your not 'just sayin' though are you?! look at these.... 'Aussie drivers won't sit back and give him an easy time like he has been given' and 'he won't have it given to him on a plate by the drivers like he is in nz.'  duhhh, look at these two statements, what's the inference?? even the 'generally he will hand to a stable mate and get an easy trail' leave it out already......ever heard the sayin 'when your in a hole mate, stop diggin'......but oh hey I do look forward to the day that Lenny, Tribeca whomever comes here to our soil (where we race & bred the best) and tries us in our big races, geez we may get that opportunity when Inters come to NZ  :D

Iraklis