RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
MrBigStuff

Te Aroha - joke!

Its really quite simple as to why meetings are constantly being abandoned. Its Workplace Health and Safety. As soon as a tracks seen to be unsafe in any way its pull the pin time because those in charge of operational matters would be deemed liable under current laws. They know it as do RIU and Club management.

Sorry to here about that. You should have been able to get a ticket for your wife as well. I know how it feels because I have horses to and often my name is only on the ownership for one reason or another. People often dont go to the races by themselves often they have their spouse or a friend especially if you travel and they are entitled to have a drink too. Something for us at the club to look at

5 hours ago, edor said:

as an owner i saw people with a what you call a little  little share in a horse get a lot of tickets and i owned a whole horse and got treated like  a one horse person and they made it well known tell me how a syndicaeTE PERSON CAN SHOUT HIS MATES AND I AM LUCKY TO GET A TICKET FOR MY WIFE WHO PAY S THE BILLS TE AROHA JC    

3 hours ago, MrBigStuff said:

Plenty of positive comments from me Ted, your comments make you sound like a smartarse

Am happy to take on board constructive criticism MBS, ill informed comments not so readily. Trust you read the facts as to what occurred. Cheers.   

I know for a fact that every course manager doesn’t prepare a track to have his meeting called off. With the way OSH is structured these days, owners and trainers have no show, as soon as the jockeys whisper the word unsafe, its tools down and into the showers.

i did enjoy the retracted statement from one last week at Tauranga regarding a supposed slippery surface.

TeAroha had no chance, the big boys have two group ones this week and they won’t risk themselves at an Industry meeting for no one.

I for one feel the jockeys have a bit to much power in these decisions, but who can argue with them or OSH?

The tail appears to be wagging the dog somewhat!

Edited by Chris Wood
Spelling

9 hours ago, Tauhei Notts said:

Do I remember correctly but wasn't Te Aroha the course where a race meeting was cancelled because the running rail blew over?

FFS

No you dont. It was Te Rapa and it was the Te Aroha course manager that went across and sorted it out