RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
richie

Worst starter ever

9 minutes ago, richie said:

That disgusting start.Sack the starter.Rick Doneelly so much better.If Seal the Desl gallops u know there a problem.

Bit tough there fella. Seal the deal has not made a clean beginning in some of his recent starts and has been hanging bad lately and  that may be why he did not want to compete and Heaven Rocks looked like he was never pacing comfortably from the start.  Good to see Buster Brady run more like he can with a good 5th.  

Run of the race was Tiger Tara--never looked as though it was comfortable, parked, no chance after breaking and going back through the field and then gets up for 3rd off a swift last half! Purdon wins again, all pretty predictable and boring but how can the stakes in harness be so much higher than the gallops?

59 minutes ago, what a post said:

Bit tough there fella. Seal the deal has not made a clean beginning in some of his recent starts and has been hanging bad lately and  that may be why he did not want to compete and Heaven Rocks looked like he was never pacing comfortably from the start.  Good to see Buster Brady run more like he can with a good 5th.  

Na it was awful start.No way you can defend that for a group 1 race

Quite easy to defend really Richie. Every horse got the opportunity to step away cleanly. No one was going backwards, no one gained a clear advantage. 

An unfortunate incident occured immediately after the start with Seel The Deal and Dream About Me but that was in no way a reflection of the start itself. That incident was no different to Editorial wiping a few out in the second and Franco Hampton doing the same in the last. 

Peter Lamb does open himself up for some criticism sometimes, but on this occasion it is unwarranted. IMO. 

25 minutes ago, Counter Punch said:

Quite easy to defend really Richie. Every horse got the opportunity to step away cleanly. No one was going backwards, no one gained a clear advantage. 

An unfortunate incident occured immediately after the start with Seel The Deal and Dream About Me but that was in no way a reflection of the start itself. That incident was no different to Editorial wiping a few out in the second and Franco Hampton doing the same in the last. 

Peter Lamb does open himself up for some criticism sometimes, but on this occasion it is unwarranted. IMO. 

i disagree.Probably down to interpretation.I will prob see those involved over next few days.Will let yous know there thoughts

11 hours ago, Value Bell said:

Did anyone acknowledge the breeder of Lazarus?

Isn't it just a numbers game Value? Breed enough horses and sooner or later one top one fires out? Good on him but the people at the coal face deserve more credit and Blueys done a great job yet again

On 15/11/2017 at 6:23 AM, Gruff said:

Isn't it just a numbers game Value? Breed enough horses and sooner or later one top one fires out? Good on him but the people at the coal face deserve more credit and Blueys done a great job yet again

Lazarus is from a very well performed maternal family so your chances are higher to get a real good one. 86 individuals with 253 noted race wins  (Cups, listed or group) and/or awards.

On 14/11/2017 at 7:54 PM, Counter Punch said:

I've already seen and talked to those involved. As the tapes released, Seel The Deal went backwards and Dream About Me began that quick that she ran straight into him. 

Thanks for that insight.

Just wanted to add that in  regards to Seel The Deal , it may have been the case of going up to the tapes the first time and having to turn around again for the second take of the start (gear adjustment to Heaven Rocks ). That may have contributed to the horse figuring out whats going on or not.