Jump to content
RaceCafe
Sign in to follow this  
berzerk

2000 Guineas interference

Recommended Posts

I have just finished reading Timeform's summation of the NZ 2000 Guineas. Their closing line:

"A shame with the stockcars early taking the gloss off the result as the two main culprits got rewarded by finishing first and third and that is not what G1 racing should be about."

My question would be - did the two jockeys in question cross the line between "careless" and "reckless" riding?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 2Admin2 said:

Interesting how one jockey got 10 days and the other 14.

I can't see anything of interest about Embellish until he shifts to the inside as part of the concertina effect from Ever Loyal. Waddell cuts them all off.

Genuine question, what does OP have to do to avoid the stipes' ire here? There are two horses on his heels so he can't pull up, and the only way he holds his line is by crashing his mount back into Star Treasure when he comes barging over, no?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sandpiper said:

I can't see anything of interest about Embellish until he shifts to the inside as part of the concertina effect from Ever Loyal. Waddell cuts them all off.

Genuine question, what does OP have to do to avoid the stipes' ire here? There are two horses on his heels so he can't pull up, and the only way he holds his line is by crashing his mount back into Star Treasure when he comes barging over, no?

 

Maybe you should read what it says in the stipes report. It says he admitted the charge,and the interference occurred 50m prior to the the 2nd wave of interference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, what a post said:

Maybe you should read what it says in the stipes report. It says he admitted the charge,and the interference occurred 50m prior to the the 2nd wave of interference.


Maybe you shouldn't assume I haven't??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I

49 minutes ago, Sandpiper said:


Maybe you shouldn't assume I haven't??

If that is the case, then you are expressing an opinion that the jockey concerned was not guilty of something that he admitted to.  That's an interesting take on the jockey. Personally I assume he knows what hes doing in cases like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, what a post said:

If that is the case, then you are expressing an opinion that the jockey concerned was not guilty of something that he admitted to.  That's an interesting take on the jockey. Personally I assume he knows what hes doing in cases like that.

Not at all. "What does OP have to do to avoid the stipes' ire?" was my question. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every time I watch the replay the horse that is throwing itself all over the place causing all sorts of interference and concertina effects all over the show is the 11 upperhand.  It's all over the place banging into numerous different horses and there's not even a mention of it in the stipes report wtf?  Am I watching the wrong race or something? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awego, you're spot on. It was like a dodgem car derby.  Stipes really need to toughen up. Rub them out...for several weeks & then we might get better racing and owners have a better chance of getting a decent result. Saturday for some was 12 months down the drain...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×