RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

Hats Off To Opie

Was indeed a perfect ride. Age of Fire went a huge race too. Relaxed well and boomed home. By the way, Brian Court's horse raced like a drunk most of the way and ran wide on the turn, forcing several very wide. Horse finished 50 lengths off them over a mile. Was clearly never a chance and just got in the way of those who did have a chance. About time for the club to be stricter about which horses may run in the G1s? 

I don't know about it being a good ride. Certainly a winning ride.  Did they not say he got a 10 day suspension for interference. The head on just after the start showed some awful interference which could easily have had serious consequences. The  leith innes horse had  any real chance extinguished when it took such a bad bump. A very rough race with some poor riding. Its all there on the video to see.

11 minutes ago, what a post said:

I don't know about it being a good ride. Certainly a winning ride.  Did they not say he got a 10 day suspension for interference. The head on just after the start showed some awful interference which could easily have had serious consequences. The  leith innes horse had  any real chance extinguished when it took such a bad bump. A very rough race with some poor riding. Its all there on the video to see.

He also copped some of it... i do not think he caused it.

Anyway you can think as you wish.

17 minutes ago, what a post said:

I just looked at the replay again and I think you are talking nonsense, Embellish copped much more interference from outside than The Bostonian and that horse filled Embelish in the run and was simply not good enough and hd every chance..you must have watched another race...:rolleyes:

49 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

I just looked at the replay again and I think you are talking nonsense, Embellish copped much more interference from outside than The Bostonian and that horse filled Embelish in the run and was simply not good enough and hd every chance..you must have watched another race...:rolleyes:

Obviously we have different takes.While I never personally said OPB caused the interference,i thought they said on trackside he had a 10 day suspension,so I assume you don't get that because of good riding. Whatever, I stick to my claim that there was some poor riding.

As far as The Bostonian goes I think it is you who are talking nonsense. It does not appear on over big horse,the exact type that do not handle being  knocked about, and it had illustrated at its previous run that it does not cop interference very well. Whether the interference was the cause of its poor run we will never know,but i believe it fair to think it was a factor.

44 minutes ago, what a post said:

Obviously we have different takes.While I never personally said OPB caused the interference,i thought they said on trackside he had a 10 day suspension,so I assume you don't get that because of good riding. Whatever, I stick to my claim that there was some poor riding.

As far as The Bostonian goes I think it is you who are talking nonsense. It does not appear on over big horse,the exact type that do not handle being  knocked about, and it had illustrated at its previous run that it does not cop interference very well. Whether the interference was the cause of its poor run we will never know,but i believe it fair to think it was a factor.

Nonsense... beaten fair and square.

sOk Guys.  I watched the Guineas and had to leave to attend my son's engagement party. 

I noted that there were dodgems after about 200m and Bostonian copped some bad interference when horses came across suddenly. Memo to one self someone is going to get a decent holiday here.

Just arrived home and looked for the Stewards report on the NZTR website but it is not there. Can someone advise what the aftermath was following this race. Thanks.  

After the race i heard them say that Opie copped 10 days for causing interference at the 1400m??....and also Jason Waddell  caused some interference at around the 1450m mark?...but they were still working out what his penalty would be.

20 minutes ago, Mardy said:

After the race i heard them say that Opie copped 10 days for causing interference at the 1400m??....and also Jason Waddell  caused some interference at around the 1450m mark?...but they were still working out what his penalty would be.

Cheers. It didn't look good. 

Just read that Jason got suspended for 14 days for his ride in the Guineas,which starts after racing next Saturday.Tho i guess at the moment that's the least of his worries,with...i think,the funeral for his mum being held tomorrow.