RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

Coolers

I have been quite critical of many things racing of late because I have been utterly frustrated at the inability of leadership and direction on many matters in many layers of our racing business.

I went to the races at Elerslie yesterday. Hadn't been since Easter where I took a few people along to watch Snapshot go for a burn. So here is arguably the best day on the racing calendar to seduce new people to racing. So all and sundry were invited. We bought some members send tickets ($50 a head) and found a table up top. Then ordered drinks...a bottle of champagne (Mumm at $115) because Deutz at $85 didn't fit the bill. No other choices...why not? Couldn't pay with eftpos or credit...only cash!! Couldn't take the bottle away to pop the top (that's what you do).

Had trouble hearing the races until I asked someone to change the levels and the small screen in front of the stands wasn't big enough for my fading eyes.

Went to go and get something to eat. All the normal un-attractive pies, sausage rolls, packaged sandwiches, and the odd sweet. Noticed that you could order chips so did so because everything else didn't appeal. There was of course the standard ham and sloppy coleslaw on a bun. Chips were delivered to the table...not crispy and underdone. Sent them back....

So I decided to look around. Plastic chairs everywhere that looked as though I was in a food hall in a shopping mall....even in the so called presidents room

Went down stairs to look at the horses, went to the tie up stalls and thought to myself, why does this look like this when we should be marketing this as getting close to the horses is the most important aspect of the horse side of things. Place is dark, gloomy and stinks of horse shit from the last century. No energy in the building.

Went through to the birdcage and because I'd forgotten to place a bet, decided to use my phone....couldn't get onto the TAB site.

No wonder I thought........

They need to go to Singapore to see how well it is done.You can get into a stand right by winning post glassed in ,where you just but your hand up and a lovely waitress comes and you can order drinks,great food and she evens puts bets on as well .What a fabulous experience that was. even had photo taken with L LAXON and drinks in presidents room when his horse won .