RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
MiniJax

Racing

4 minutes ago, alltheway!!! said:

Don't be ridiculous... What makes you think there should be a limit on how many times a dog can race?

The thought of Animal welfare!!!! e.g for Homebush Kelso to run 231 times is overboard.

How about all the dogs he beats home get retired at the same time as they are obviously no good if this dog needs to be retired? he's had 231 starts and still c3 and beating dogs home. He has obviously been well looked after to race that long. I've seen dogs have upwards to 150 and could still have raced another 50 starts. He obviously enjoys doing to the track still

25 minutes ago, alltheway!!! said:

How about all the dogs he beats home get retired at the same time as they are obviously no good if this dog needs to be retired? he's had 231 starts and still c3 and beating dogs home. He has obviously been well looked after to race that long. I've seen dogs have upwards to 150 and could still have raced another 50 starts. He obviously enjoys doing to the track still

it looks like all his legs are strapped? shouldn't that be a sign to retire him?

What a stupid thread. The more races a dog has proves one thing, it is sound, and should be allowed to race as long as it stays in that condition regardless of starts. They are race dogs after all, and as long as they are competitive, age nor starts should stop them. I like to see older dogs with many starts under their belt still doing what they love doing. It all comes down to trainer management and placement. 

On 11/17/2017 at 4:01 PM, aquaman said:

What a stupid thread. The more races a dog has proves one thing, it is sound, and should be allowed to race as long as it stays in that condition regardless of starts. They are race dogs after all, and as long as they are competitive, age nor starts should stop them. I like to see older dogs with many starts under their belt still doing what they love doing. It all comes down to trainer management and placement. 

I’m entitled to my own opinion and so are you Aquaman! And yeah exactly RACE DOGS not machines. There’s probably only a handful of trainers who race over 180 anyway so obviously there’s a point to this thread!!!!????

On 11/7/2017 at 3:26 PM, MiniJax said:

I feel like there should be a ban on how many times a dog can start. :angry:

Yep, you were right the first time. A ban on how many times a dog can start means there is no limit.  That seems to be the general feeling. 

13 hours ago, Idolmite said:

Yep, you were right the first time. A ban on how many times a dog can start means there is no limit.  That seems to be the general feeling. 

Do you know if there is a limit on how many times a harness horse or galloper can race idolmite?

On 11/21/2017 at 7:55 PM, Idolmite said:

Please stay over on your Forum.