RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Gallops Ozzie fixed odds out but not Ozzie harness

I note that the 3 gallops meetings in Ozzie have the Bookies  fixed odds out today many hours before the first races over there for all the races.

The Ozzie harness fixed odds aren’t out for any of the races, and often only come out just before the first race and then often race by race during the week.

I note that this happens mostly all the time for Ozzie and wondered what the difference could possibly be?

In NZ the Bookies always post the gallops well before the harness as well so not sure why this would be?

You would think they would want their turnover up!

Anyone got the answer?

5 hours ago, Brodie said:

I note that the 3 gallops meetings in Ozzie have the Bookies  fixed odds out today many hours before the first races over there for all the races.

The Ozzie harness fixed odds aren’t out for any of the races, and often only come out just before the first race and then often race by race during the week.

I note that this happens mostly all the time for Ozzie and wondered what the difference could possibly be?

In NZ the Bookies always post the gallops well before the harness as well so not sure why this would be?

You would think they would want their turnover up!

Anyone got the answer?

Ring the TAB and ask them if it bothers you that much,

1 hour ago, Fartoomuch said:

Ring the TAB and ask them if it bothers you that much,

Thanks for that, your wisdom has no bounds!

You really have the answers to every question, it is so pointless posting questions for people’s views!

9 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Yes its funny, I often. Cross reference prices with tattsbet in AU's, and they have the fixed betting on the Aussie trots early but we don't, and I'm sure the nz bookies would just mirror what's up on Australian bookmaker's sites, most often than not they give unders! 

It  is exactly the same on the Aus TABs when working it the other way, betting into NZ trots. The fixed odds come up only a couple of hours before the friday trots and a lot less time for other meetings. Now that you cannot access the NZ tab from Aus you have no idea whether the Aus fixed odds are reasonable or not. From past experience when you could access the NZ tab the Aus odds were always at least 10% less. They mirror the NZ odds and then reduce. It is not possible to get early overs as by the time they put them up the NZ odds have evened out. 

Seems like both countries are covering their backsides and dont want to expose themselves. Neither will have bookies setting the odds as they dont know the horses so just copy the other country as late as they can so they are not exposed to any overs available  early. 

10 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Why bother posting sarcastic answers/comments, if you don't like the question posted don't read it let alone answer. 

Why not read the original question, then my reply. With Brodie you have to provide simple solutions/answers to his questions and even then he often misses it. You answered his question earlier as did Harewood. 

Why not read the original question, then my reply. With Brodie you have to provide simple solutions/answers to his questions and even then he often misses it. You answered his question earlier as did Harewood. 

Fart Too Much, it is a forum which is designed to engender debate and people’s opinions!

I have no access to the Bookies and seem you think you can get thru to them, are you willing to contact them and get their reply???

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Fart Too Much, it is a forum which is designed to engender debate and people’s opinions!

I have no access to the Bookies and seem you think you can get thru to them, are you willing to contact them and get their reply???

You clearly have many issues Brodie. You say you have no access to bookies yet in  previous posts you moan about having had bets turned down by the same people. Make your mind up. PS im not your lacky, google NZTAB and get the contact number from there. Its a really simple exercise that even you might be able to accomplish although given you could not ring the stipe when a number was provided suggests you are a time waster

12 hours ago, Brodie said:

Thanks for that, your wisdom has no bounds!

You really have the answers to every question, it is so pointless posting questions for people’s views!

Going by your original post you wanted to know if anyone one had the answer. It seems Fartoomuch didn't have the answer but kindly suggested you ring someone that would have the answer. Straight from the horses mouth so to speak.

9 hours ago, harewood said:

It  is exactly the same on the Aus TABs when working it the other way, betting into NZ trots. The fixed odds come up only a couple of hours before the friday trots and a lot less time for other meetings. Now that you cannot access the NZ tab from Aus you have no idea whether the Aus fixed odds are reasonable or not. From past experience when you could access the NZ tab the Aus odds were always at least 10% less. They mirror the NZ odds and then reduce. It is not possible to get early overs as by the time they put them up the NZ odds have evened out. 

Seems like both countries are covering their backsides and dont want to expose themselves. Neither will have bookies setting the odds as they dont know the horses so just copy the other country as late as they can so they are not exposed to any overs available  early. 

Harness Racing makes them nervous.

You clearly have many issues Brodie. You say you have no access to bookies yet in  previous posts you moan about having had bets turned down by the same people. Make your mind up. PS im not your lacky, google NZTAB and get the contact number from there. Its a really simple exercise that even you might be able to accomplish although given you could not ring the stipe when a number was provided suggests you are a time waster

Are you serious?

either invest thru your account or agencies etc. rather than telephone, as restricted on every wager, so  going them by phone is absolutely pointless!

Surprised that you weren’t aware of this????

Also, wondering whether you ever give an opinion rather than referring to someone else?

48 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Are you serious?

either invest thru your account or agencies etc. rather than telephone, as restricted on every wager, so  going them by phone is absolutely pointless!

Surprised that you weren’t aware of this????

Also, wondering whether you ever give an opinion rather than referring to someone else?

Stone the crows !!!!!!!!!!!!

26 minutes ago, tonkatime said:

In fairness you asked for the answer not an opinion on the subject, you were then suggested a potential avenue to obtain the answer.  

Someone else apart from Moi and Kotare speaking sense on this thread. Thanks for that but will it help Brodie. Somehow i doubt it but heres hoping-_-

3 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

Someone else apart from Moi and Kotare speaking sense on this thread. Thanks for that but will it help Brodie. Somehow i doubt it but heres hoping-_-

Far Too Much, you are just a “txxxxxr”

You  and a few others think that you can have a go at the “Brodster” just because you can!

Brodie as you know will always speak his mind and there are the same ones that just take the opposite view!

Dont mind a healthy debate but when it is just to take the opposite side or not state an opinion you might as well stay away!

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Dont mind a healthy debate but when it is just to take the opposite side or not state an opinion you might as well stay away!

You said you were going to "stay away" from this site a few months ago - but here you are after about 2 months absent back here drilling the same old stuff - you also said somewhere else that you have never lied in your life (what a saint - I do not know anyone who can claim that). Hard to know what is true and what isn't with you.

In the HRNZ topic you claimed that all the boxseat episodes were posted online and I asked you to post the links to them which you couldn't do because it was false.

You are a liar, you are not on the money and people get sick of the whining - how about focusing on the great things that are happening in the sport and looking at things positively. I am sure the people close to you will appreciate it too  

3 hours ago, Brodie said:

You didn't ask for opinions on the topic, you asked for the answer. 

Getting a bit grumpy there spikecity, the brodster does not deserve to be called names.  The opinions the brodster expresses are generally held by the majority,the difference is he does not sugar coat everything.  He may raise the same topic a few times,whats the big deal.

10 minutes ago, what a post said:

Getting a bit grumpy there spikecity, the brodster does not deserve to be called names.  The opinions the brodster expresses are generally held by the majority,the difference is he does not sugar coat everything.  He may raise the same topic a few times,whats the big deal.

You are clearly taking the piss and in a minority re Brodie

23 minutes ago, what a post said:

Yes I find him annoying, repetitious and makes claims that are simply not true  

48 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

You are clearly taking the piss and in a minority re Brodie

No,not taking the piss.  Confident the brodster would come out with a majority if we had a vote on who is always on the money. Personally I think the anti brodster brigade are peddling fake news.