RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Mardy

Humidor-Melbourne Cup

What's everyone's thoughts on him running in the cup.With the way he races at times,you wouldn't think that he would get the trip,but then again he's trained by Darren Weir who is no mug,so he probably thinks he will run the trip as long as he settles and doesn't over race.I've been a fan of the horse for a while and i've backed him all campaign,and yes thats including the Cox Plate.I'll be backing him on Tuesday week,but there is a part of me that thinks the trip will be a problem.

48 minutes ago, Mardy said:

What's everyone's thoughts on him running in the cup.With the way he races at times,you wouldn't think that he would get the trip,but then again he's trained by Darren Weir who is no mug,so he probably thinks he will run the trip as long as he settles and doesn't over race.I've been a fan of the horse for a while and i've backed him all campaign,and yes thats including the Cox Plate.I'll be backing him on Tuesday week,but there is a part of me that thinks the trip will be a problem.

I don't think he will stay either Mardy. Blake Shinn confirmed to ride him.

I may be wrong and Weir will have him in the salt water so he will be right. Having said that and despite all this, I'll put my head on the block and say - he can't win! Either Almandin or one of the visitors and  I'm hoping it's Wall of Fire, for a "MULTI - tude" of reasons. :) 

I think Almandin will be the hardest to beat...but as i said i'll have something on Humidor...because as we know in this game....as soon as you drop a horse that you've been following for a while...it will win next up.I guess time will tell.,..and yes i can't believe he is at $7s.

i have laid him on betfair he is way under the odds he should be paying around $12  - $15. has had 3 starts at 2400m  and hasn't won so to take $7 on him to run 3200m against far better horses only a muppet would do that . His run against winx looked better than it was still came second to a champion though winx covered at least 150 metres more than him during the running. i have backed almandin and Johannes Vermeer they are far better better bets.  almandin proven at the distance  johannes vermeer ran a great 3rd last start after being held up over 2400m  at caufield in a group 1 humidor ran 5th and had a way easier run in that race  laying humidor is very easy money

26 minutes ago, mike28 said:

i have laid him on betfair he is way under the odds he should be paying around $12  - $15. has had 3 starts at 2400m  and hasn't won so to take $7 on him to run 3200m against far better horses only a muppet would do that . His run against winx looked better than it was still came second to a champion though winx covered at least 150 metres more than him during the running. i have backed almandin and Johannes Vermeer they are far better better bets.  almandin proven at the distance  johannes vermeer ran a great 3rd last start after being held up over 2400m  at caufield in a group 1 humidor ran 5th and had a way easier run in that race  laying humidor is very easy money

150m more ? LOL. 

2 hours ago, Trump said:

I may be wrong and Weir will have him in the salt water so he will be right. Having said that and despite all this, I'll put my head on the block and say - he can't win! Either Almandin or one of the visitors and  I'm hoping it's Wall of Fire, for a "MULTI - tude" of reasons. :) 

Don't fancy Marmelo or Red Cardinal then Trumpy...??

33 minutes ago, mike28 said:

though winx covered at least 150 metres more than him during the running. 

Hey Mike, you don't include how far they go after the finish line! I think the GPS suggested she ran 8-10 meters further than Humidor.

But back on topic, I think it is a risk to back such an untractable  runner although the roomier track should suit him. Don't remember Humidor racing so unkindly here or in his earlier group successes in Australia--this hanging caper a new development??

16 minutes ago, BackPoonDrinkGoon said:

150m more ? LOL. 

whats funny humidor hugged the rail the whole way winx was 3 wide for most of the race.  i forgot to add he hangs in the running as well ask anybody that has a clue humidor should be paying at least $15 

41 minutes ago, mike28 said:

Mike GPS of both horses suggested winx ran 8 metres more than Humidor.I think we seen a much more relaxed Humidor in the Cox with the blinkers on.He definitely settled a lot better and trainer belives he super fit so he will def be going in my quaddie,weather dependent.

Just now, richie said:

Mike GPS of both horses suggested winx ran 8 metres more than Humidor.I think we seen a much more relaxed Humidor in the Cox with the blinkers on.He definitely settled a lot better and trainer belives he super fit so he will def be going in my quaddie,weather dependent.

As an aside,does anybody know if Humidor will be wearing blinkers in the cup.

14 minutes ago, mike28 said:

whats funny humidor hugged the rail the whole way winx was 3 wide for most of the race.  i forgot to add he hangs in the running as well ask anybody that has a clue humidor should be paying at least $15 

Claiming winx covered 150m more than humidor  is one of the funniest posts ever on racecafe. Thanks for the Monday night laugh.

Green Moon was caned in the Cox but the rider couldn't pull him up after crossing the line, any positive out of the race is just that, the Caulfield has been the better lead and the classic when both japs found the line then went on to quinella the Melbourne when the track was running true points to Marmelo being the One. Who knows? Maybe Mike Dillon :)

Didn't Humidor hang way back when he ran in the derby in NZ? (Very inexperienced horse then). 

I have backed him this spring but I personally don't think he will run the 2 miles out. But Weir is a master.

Some European analysts also don't think Johannes Vermeer will run the trip. 

How many Teofilo's have won over 2 miles + in Europe?

5 hours ago, Mattski said:

Didn't Humidor hang way back when he ran in the derby in NZ? (Very inexperienced horse then). 

I have backed him this spring but I personally don't think he will run the 2 miles out. But Weir is a master.

Some European analysts also don't think Johannes Vermeer will run the trip. 

How many Teofilo's have won over 2 miles + in Europe?

Here's a bit of useless trivia information from an Art tragic Mattski. Johannes Vermeer was born today in 1632 and only 35 of his works still exist.....going to see one in November in Sydney at the Gallery of NSW......;)

12 hours ago, Trump said:

I want Wall Of Fire to win. I'll be saving on him by anchoring him in Tri and F4's to run 2nd, 3rd or 4th. I've an $18 multi all up from Hey Doc last fri (won Manikato ) into Eptimum last Sat (won race 3 at MV) into Wall of Fire. $83,584/$18 :):):) 

Good Luck.. Hope it wins for you...

12 hours ago, Trump said:

I want Wall Of Fire to win. I'll be saving on him by anchoring him in Tri and F4's to run 2nd, 3rd or 4th. I've an $18 multi all up from Hey Doc last fri (won Manikato ) into Eptimum last Sat (won race 3 at MV) into Wall of Fire. $83,584/$18 :):):) 

Best of luck with that Trumpy.....;)